Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2017, 11:08 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,837,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is how I see him. He made some disturbing comments that makes me think he looks down on Blacks. What else could a person think other than racist?

Appealing to those who hold prejudice is scary.
^^^ Some people always have and always see racism in everything, even in their white milk. I've noticed this is your FAVORITE subject lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 11:08 AM

5,236 posts, read 4,705,547 times
The age old divisions in party politics has indisputably risen to an extreme level. It's not so much Trump that people fear, but moreover, the likes of Paul Ryan and other "leaders" in the party. Trump tried hard to appear as an outsider in American politics but his lifelong affiliation with pols in the dirty dealing of real estate development pretty much defines his view of politics as a tool. Trump is a creature who was part and parcel of the rise in American corporatism, the new plutocracy, and one that signals the end of citizen power. To be fair, I'm sick and tired of ALL American politics, regardless of party.

This current wave of plutocratic governance is a result of money in politics, and money now buys the decisions of government, and often enough to the detriment of those government is sworn to protect and serve. The recent debacle of the Republican effort to repeal the ACA is just one example of the sloppy work done on OUR behalf, BUT the real meat and potatoes of the party isn't relevant to what is good for the people. The real show will begin with the true agenda of government's marriage to business interests, and THAT is something they rarely screw up on.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:10 AM

73,141 posts, read 62,992,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm old enough that I didn't have to watch the videos. That's just who he always was, which is why it was so surprising to so many from the NYC metro area that people fell for his stories. But then again, it's not surprising. That IS what he has always been good at.

I don't hate him, I'm just perplexed that so many people think he's "patriotic" and "concerned about America". He is first and foremost a huckster. If you voted for him because that's what you'd rather have in office than a slimy career politician, allrighty then, but don't try to reinvent him into something he's not.
I was a toddler when those videos were made. I'm 30 now. I knew very little about what Donald Trump was until he started going after former President Obama. President Trump today is the same man he was when he was just Donald Trump the rich businessman. Entitled, corrupt, and nutty.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:11 AM

68,387 posts, read 54,647,903 times
Honest Question: Why do people hate Donald Trump and why are they scared of him?

Honest Answer: I don't think people necessarily hate or are afraid of him. I think many think he's a jackass and don't fear him but fear what he may do to the country.

73,141 posts, read 62,992,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
^^^ Some people always have and always see racism in everything, even in their white milk. I've noticed this is your FAVORITE subject lol
Well, racism is going to affect me. It has in the past. So you have no right to silence me about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What are you talking about? I never said anything like that and you know it.

Please don't pretend my post said something it didn't as a platform for what you want to say. That's cheesy.
I'm still waiting Mightyqueen....

What is so patriotic about someone who doesn't pay their own way, who expects someone else to pick up their tab, someone on welfare who refuses to pull their own weight, someone who has children they can't support, someone who won't support their own offspring, someone who does drugs etc.

What makes people like that patriotic and Trump not?

6,897 posts, read 4,768,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I really am baffled by this. People are marching against Trump, the media is totally against him, the government hates on every little thing he does. And even as a liberal, this really confuses me...I'm not a fan of him at all, but the media , even media entertainment sites, suddenly shifted from "Look Kim Kardashian ate a pear!" to "GRRR WE GOTTA IMPEACH TRUMP NOW!" on virtually almost every news article. Just go to Yahoo, Buzzfeed, etc.

But my question is, what exactly has he done to instill so much fear in people? I'm confused because I never heard anything about him targeting certain groups of people in America (like any legal mexicans or blacks, jews, etc), besides wanting to vet illegal immigrants, which shouldn't even be an issue since immigrants are welcome as long as they follow the proper laws to come here. I've never really heard of him making fun of disabled people (that CNN video was such a hack job with that reporter). I don't know of any rights that are going to be taken away that he's mentioned. The LGBT community are freaking out about him, but I don't ever remember a Republican candidate...or ANY candidate before 2012 ever saying they were pro-gay marriage. But, I've never seen so much outrage over a President before...

The strange part to me is, 10 years ago, everyone pretty much liked Trump. He was just some billionaire businessman who talked about himself a lot, which I guess is okay, but he never appeared "evil" or "Hitler" like. If anything, he's more of a everyday-funnyman more than anything. And he's a womanizer, which, again, I don't see much of an issue with, as long there was consent then I mean, meh. I've never seen him come out and say he hates women or wants to take away their rights. That whole "grab em by the you know what" thing, IMO, was overblown, since that was a private conversation, but it was clearly just a guy talking about women. Not very appropriate, but....the dude likes women and he's old school about it. The only woman I've seen him talk crap about is Rosie O'Donnell...but I mean...she's Rosie O'Donnell so.......yeah.

But now, everyone is rallying against him. The whole "No Trump, No KKK, No fascist USA". Where does that chant even come from? Or even mean? I've never seen people get mad about someone saying "America First" and "putting the country first". Why is that such a bad statement?

The only thing I've seen Trump really say is that he wants to bring businesses back to America, fix the economy, keep our borders safe and secure, and to repeal and replace Obamacare. What exactly is so bad about that? The only thing I really see is that he tweets quite a bit and needs to chill on it and he may not be the most eloquent speaker next to Obama, but...is that a reason to want to impeach the guy?

So honest question, why are people so scared and worried about a Donald Trump presidency?
The haters have been brain washed by the left.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:13 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,768,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Because he's a narcissistic sociopath who only cares about himself and his money, and will lie through his face to defend his incompetence, immorality, and stupidity.

He has not a single redeeming quality. What is there to like about him? He's destroying this country, but you're apparently to oblivious to see that.
So, in two months you have determined this, really?

Old 03-27-2017, 11:14 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,190,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Friendly correction - HE doesn't suffer from his narcissism.

The rest of us do.
No. I think he does. Regular narcissists are annoying as hell and drive the people around them crazy but aren't any happier or more unhappy than anybody else.

People with NPD are unhappy people because of all the stress their massive egos and insecurities put on them.
One question. Have you ever seen Trump laugh?

Old 03-27-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, racism is going to affect me. It has in the past. So you have no right to silence me about it.
LOL, from all you're post you are so very focused on it that you look for it even where it doesn't exist. What's it like to live a life where you have a chip on your shoulder and look for the slightest thing to keep that chip heavy.

Hey, I'm a woman, I'm sure sexism exist. But in this day and age.. pfft, your sexist, get out of my life. I got better things to do than to convince you that you're an idiot. And I certainly don't look for it around every corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies