Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 10:49 PM

19,994 posts, read 22,928,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
There, fixed that for ya. Not sure why you keep trying to divert the blame from Trump to Ryan on this mess. From what I've read, no one on this board is buying it. You know people are laughing at you, right? You gotta know.
I'd say idiots deserve ridicule, but hey that's just me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 02:58 AM

31,339 posts, read 14,414,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Chuck Schumer once again has extreme biased and closed mind in supporting the next supreme court judge. Gorsuch wasn't even completed with his senate hearing before Schumer went ballistic and started his rant.

Democrats threaten delay on Supreme Court nominee | WTOP

Either way, Gorsuch will be the next supreme court judge despite the childish acts of democrats.
Gorsuch is beyond qualified, Schumer can cry all he wants but Gorscuh will be confirmed, even if the republicans have to change the rules.... and my I remind everyone that change the rules is exactly what the Democrats already did on very same issue for lower court judges. So Chuck: you're screwed!!!

Old 03-25-2017, 03:02 AM

31,339 posts, read 14,414,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Wrong, again.

Yes, possibly, for judicial nominations only.

For regular legislation, it is almost impossible to "go nuclear."
He's not wrong at all. The 'nuclear' option means that the rules will be changed to eliminate the filibuster on SC nominees. And....that is exactly what is going to happen. As B.H. Obama once said...elections have consequences.

Old 03-25-2017, 03:03 AM

1,873 posts, read 2,421,413 times
Quote:
Chuck Schumer once again has extreme biased and closed mind in supporting the next supreme court judge. Gorsuch wasn't even completed with his senate hearing before Schumer went ballistic and started his rant.

Either way, Gorsuch will be the next supreme court judge despite the childish acts of democrats.
Of course he knows that. When he seeks re-election, he wants to be able to say "I did everything, even led the way, to oppose Gorsuch (and right the wrong to Garland)." That simple.

I'm a lifelong conservative, but what the Republicans did to Garland wasn't exactly moral high ground either.

Politics isn't pretty, but it accurately reflects the electorate. This OP makes an example of him/herself in that regard by cherry picking his/her outrage. It's so tiresome, unproductive, and prevalent among too many from the left and the right. We get what we deserve.

Last edited by Midpack; 03-25-2017 at 03:56 AM..

Old 03-25-2017, 03:39 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,525,819 times
Quote:

While theres no doubt in my mind Gorsuch will eventually be a supreme court judge you cant seriously have issues with a filibuster as the Repubs during the Obama admin initiated over 500 filibusters to block impending Obama legislation.

Old 03-25-2017, 03:54 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,382,842 times
Quote:

Gorsuch was unanimously confirmed before. So, what's with these Dumbocrats now? He will be confirmed, one way or another. They are adding to the Republican majority every day with their foot dragging and ridiculous "concerns." They "worry" that Gorsuch will not be impartial, but inject his political views into judicial opinions? Great! Then call for impeachment of the "travel ban" judges who did just that! Put your money where your mouth is, or sit down and shut up.

Old 03-25-2017, 04:01 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,382,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Angry democrat schumer - right. He is laughing his ass off tonight at the GOP and their mess with trumpcare. He said they were like the dog who caught the bus and didn't know what to do with it.
It isn't "Trumpcare." Trump did not write that bill (but Obama had everything to do with the eponymous Obamacare, which is why it took on his name). I'm glad that failed. As one of my friends put it, "why should Republicans take the wheel of the Hindenburg?" But this is off topic.

Gorsuch will be confirmed one way or another. Dumbocrats are looking like fools, because Gorsuch was previously confirmed unanimously. what's changed? Have they found some impartiality in any of his rulings? No, they have not.

Old 03-25-2017, 04:12 AM

20,136 posts, read 16,262,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Gorsuch was unanimously confirmed before. So, what's with these Dumbocrats now? He will be confirmed, one way or another. They are adding to the Republican majority every day with their foot dragging and ridiculous "concerns." They "worry" that Gorsuch will not be impartial, but inject his political views into judicial opinions? Great! Then call for impeachment of the "travel ban" judges who did just that! Put your money where your mouth is, or sit down and shut up.
I want Gorsuch confirmed and think if Democrats were wise they would save their big guns for the next nominee. Gorsuch replacing Scalia won't change the direction of the Supreme Court but replacing Ginsberg with anyone who wasn't left of Diane Feinstein will.

However, to be fair on the bolded, you may agree to promote Billy Ray to produce manager without hesitation, even if he is sometimes not as diplomatic with fellow employees as you'd like because you know someone will be over him to correct him if he gets it wrong, but would never agree to promote him to store manager because there would be no one over him to fix it if he makes a mess of employee relations. While jobs may have part of the same title in them, when the scope of the job is different someone's suitably for doing that job may be different also.

The Democrats are just putting on a tap show in order to be able to tell their supporters that they tried, they know they can't stop his appointment. The only thing they can control is how big of a pain in the butt it is to do it.

Old 03-25-2017, 06:38 AM

1,294 posts, read 1,127,265 times
Isn't it odd that Schumer said he'll vote no on Gorsuch because Gorsuch promised to base his decisions on the laws that Chuckie wrote?

Old 03-25-2017, 07:37 AM

42,073 posts, read 75,559,450 times
Republicans can dish it out, but they can't take it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies