Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 08:13 PM

35,704 posts, read 21,063,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
The wall will be built. The government has already released specifications Construction specifications released for Trump's border wall Hopefully the yet-to-be tariff on imports from Mexico will pay for it. So...a win so far.

Ban on terrorist immigration. Still in place despite liberal judges attempt at blocking it. So... a win. It was never a Muslim ban. All religions were included, although most Christians and Jews have been killed off in affected countries.

Repeal and replace Obamacare. Better to let Obamacare fail and say "see, we told you so". So...a short term loss for Trumpcare, but a huge long-term gain that can be used against the Democrats.
just keep holding on to false hope -I'll make a wager- the entire fence, will will not be built before 2020 and I mean funded or approved in the budget and started.-- I realize building or erecting walls takes time to be done properly, weather, wars, neighbors, land owners, states rights etc... just funded and started

Old 03-24-2017, 08:38 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
That study is full of crap. Cancer is either heriditary or caused by lifestyle. There is no other option.

A car accident could happen, but I drive nice and slow. It's very unlikely.

Are we overlooking the obvious in cancer prevention? Prevention, Cure, Curing Protocol, Remedies, Herbs, Alternative Medicine
Its full of crap the study ? Your an oncologist now ?

Old 03-24-2017, 08:40 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
The wall will be built. The government has already released specifications Construction specifications released for Trump's border wall Hopefully the yet-to-be tariff on imports from Mexico will pay for it. So...a win so far.

Ban on terrorist immigration. Still in place despite liberal judges attempt at blocking it. So... a win. It was never a Muslim ban. All religions were included, although most Christians and Jews have been killed off in affected countries.

Repeal and replace Obamacare. Better to let Obamacare fail and say "see, we told you so". So...a short term loss for Trumpcare, but a huge long-term gain that can be used against the Democrats.
What if Mexico chooses to not by US grain ? Or manufacturing products ? Want a trade war, how will that pay for the wall. All the dumb Trump promises will soon slam into the wall of reality.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:42 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
I am tired of the Democrat bed wetters screwing everything up.
Again you have nothing significant to add so your comment is irrelevant. Your boy Trump is messing everything up so you post nonsense.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:44 PM

Quote:
I'm not sure where 18Montclair would stand on healthcare. He loves to brag about being a liberal elite so he probably doesn't care that Average Joe in North Dakota is paying $1,000 per month for a Obamacare policy where he couldn't even pay the deductible if something happened.
It doesn't matter. Trump and the majority right house couldn't even get a vote passed. Stop complaining about the Average Joe and do something about your sorry leader's issues.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
You gotta be patient. The ACA is on its last legs either way. The wall will be built and the ban will stand in the scotus. Patience....
Ignorance is bliss.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Are you tired of whining yet?
The only whiners right now are the right that voted for Trump.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:50 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
This video is definitely playing true now...for liberals that is lol

1. Mexico isnt paying for any wall
2. The Muslim Ban is dead
3. Obamacare will remain the law of the land

Seems like Democrats/ Liberals have been successfully blocking his agenda from day 1.

Thank you Trumpsters for streamlining our success. Lol
I don't think that is true. The Democrats don't need to block anything. Like this failed healthcare bill, the Democrats didn't even get a chance to block it by voting against it. 45 is being blocked by his own party! That is even sadder. The other issues pushed by 45 are being blocked by the Constitution.

Old 03-24-2017, 08:51 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,374,960 times
Quote:
No. I want NO health care. Let's go back to the good ol' days.
That would only work if doctors still charged $35 per visit and prescriptions were $3. DH had surgery in the fall. Didn't spend the night in the hospital. Bill would have been $52,000 without insurance. It would be difficult for the average person to pay this. Without insurance, a few weeks in the hospital would bankrupt most people.

Old 03-24-2017, 09:06 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Default In this country, there are no winners.

I believe there are no clear cut winners, whether a Republican or a Democrat occupies the White House.

Too many people are sucked in by slogans, by flag waving, by speeches, by "spin" or other manifestations of political theater.

Yes, I believe a wall on the Mexican border will eventually be built. Everyone of us knows that the Mexican government is not going to pay for it up front. The Republican "spin" is 'oh, they will eventually pay for it through import fees and duties' ... the Democrat "spin" is is 'yeah, that means the American consumer is going to indirectly pay for it anyway by pay more for tomatoes and avocados etc. Besides, Gringo tourists to Mexico are already paying more fees to the Mexican government.

My point transcends the bogus argument of who is going to pay for it.

We all - people in the US and Mexico - will be paying in one way or another for the wall.

Question: when the wall is built, will it stop illegal immigrants from getting in this country? No one - NO ONE - seriously believes illegal immigration is going to be halted. So my question is: how much of a dent will this wall make in illegal immigration? 10%? 25%? 50%? Will it be a good investment?

What about illegal immigrants from other countries ... the Dominican Republic, Haiti, Jamaica, Central America, Africa, China, India, etc? How will this wall stop them?

If we were really serious about significantly reducing illegal immigration wouldn't it make more sense to put put teeth into laws about hiring illegals, housing illegals? If employers and landlords faced stiff criminal penalties I think that would make a dent in illegal immigrants here. The fines they pay will pay for the wall ... not the American taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies