Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 01:04 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,969,746 times

Advertisements

There is nothing to suggest that the German system of 83 million people doesnt work compared to the Danish system of 5 million people. Its just something right wing think tanks bankrolled by big insurance corporations cook up and serve to their followers and hope they latch onto this "argument".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2017, 01:12 PM

34,069 posts, read 17,102,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Why would they not? It's an actuarial truism that the larger the insurance pool, the better it works.
Private employer purchased care works best, and is a giant pool, in the hundreds of millions. Most vital is joining is OPTIONAL. People like the product and join willingly.

Old 03-25-2017, 01:27 PM

8,159 posts, read 3,684,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
With so many 'great halt care systems' in place around the word, you would think the USA could copy some of it for a system that could work better. But then again, some places like the Netherlands pay 50% tax for their system. I can hear Americans screaming now about that kind of tax increase.

People are quick to point out that this or that country has has great medical benefits but they often fail to consider what the cost is.
Total health expenditure per capita (PPP) in 2015:

Netherlands - $5343
USA - $9451

That's all that matters.

Old 03-25-2017, 01:38 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,345,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Total health expenditure per capita (PPP) in 2015:

Netherlands - $5343
USA - $9451

That's all that matters.
How dare you site facts and interrupt their cognitive dissonance.

Old 03-25-2017, 03:40 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by man4857 View Post
Nope, I have insurance through my employer. I know the GOP is fuming right now and wanting revenge. They are snakes don't let the nice tone of Paul Ryan fool you.
GOP won't need to do anything but wait until Obamacare falls apart.

Old 03-25-2017, 03:49 PM

34,069 posts, read 17,102,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
GOP won't need to do anything but wait until Obamacare falls apart.
correct.

Friday was a good day for the GOP. By wanting a replacement, DJT was doing the Democrats a favor. Now when ACA is finished off in next 1-2 years, there will be no replacement, but like pre ACA great employer coverage will cover most Americans.

Old 03-25-2017, 06:05 PM

588 posts, read 463,399 times
When I was married, just before the implementation of the ACA my husband and I were paying $25000 a year for healthcare and neither of us were sick. Yes, I hit the 55 year old mark and my premium skyrocketed. My then husband saw an increase also. He worked contract so he did not have insurance from work. I worked from home, also contract. No insurance for me either.

I sought and sought and sought for more affordable health insurance but no one would take us. I recall I had a problem with hormones twenty odd years ago and that came up as an issue.

I now pay $57 a month. My then husband paid $400 after the divorce. Obviously he makes a great deal more money than I. He now has employer sponsored insurance. Which is a dime on a dollar.

I live in Indiana in a higher income area. Mike Pence's stomping grounds. The cost of health insurance went down 2% this last year in Indiana. I was thinking of moving but not now. I figure I will get the best deal since Pence is going to make sure he still can come home.

Wonder why!?

Old 03-25-2017, 06:15 PM

5,862 posts, read 3,302,153 times
Trump told the IRS not to enforce the mandate. It will implode within a year or two. Its not if its when. Heath care should not be a Republican or a Democratic issue. It truly is representative of just how screwed up our politicians are!!!!

Old 03-25-2017, 06:40 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,024,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Trump told the IRS not to enforce the mandate. It will implode within a year or two. Its not if its when. Heath care should not be a Republican or a Democratic issue. It truly is representative of just how screwed up our politicians are!!!!
This bloomberg article mentioned few items which administration should do in order make things better for obamacare. These are the same items which they can use to make it implode over the time. Unfortunately Trump team is already going this route and make it fail. They already stopped enforcing mandate. Then there is a critical lawsuit from house which they will pull out. Stopped adds and helping insurers. Obamacare needs very dedicated administration to succeed in terms of intervening and helping insurers.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...trols-its-fate

Old 03-26-2017, 01:41 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,523,461 times
"Obamacare!! Trumpcare!!

Congress PLEASE!! Please put aside party pettiness for 90 days and hammer out AMERICARE!! A common sense healthcare system which covers pre-existing conditions and adult children. It shouldn't guarantee profits to big insurance or big pharma and should encourage competition across state lines. It should also permit citizens and units of government to purchase medicine from verified sites outside the country to hold down costs.

Congress, put aside D's and R's for 90 days and roll up your sleeves. Give us AMERICARE!!"

Elbert Lee Guillory

https://elbertguillorysamerica.com/index
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies