Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 04:00 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
The question EVERY AMERICAN should be asking themselves, is why are we allowing this madness to continue?

What it tells us, as American people that we fall for anything!!!! that is the exact message this madness is sending across the nation. Not only did we fall for it, we as American people are allowing this craziness to just linger and become more crazy by the days.

It has to be done right, to ensure that Trump is fully invalidated, so then it makes all his appointments invalid.

The White House has become a "NUT HOUSE"! America is becoming the laughing stock of the world next to North Korea, and I have no doubt that LOONEY TOONS Kim Jong Trump will soon surpass Kim Jong Un, as the craziest!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 04:01 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,226,625 times
There's certainly an ethics question that isn't being answered, but I wouldn't call it a monarchy. A monarchy would require a transfer of power that is set up and (officially) unopposed. To be clear, let's say in some God awful dystopian future where Ivanka ran for president and won after Trump left office. Unless she went unopposed in any sort of electoral sense, that still wouldn't technically be a monarchy so long as their is a chance that a real politician could still win.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:06 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,904 times
Whats strikes me about this is that Trump gave so much responsibility on so many different fronts to one person. As I think about it just one of those task is a lot of work and responsibility and a full time job. Trying to bring peace to Israel and Palestine and fighting the opaid addiction in the U S are full time jobs just by themselves.

So I have to question Trumps judgement on this one, IMO this is not a good idea and is asking way to much from one person even if it is a relative.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
It ain't just the Trumps. The Clinton and Bushs as well.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:09 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Nah, just old-school nepotism.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:09 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
What a silly and petty question to ponder. It's not 1950 any longer. Many women choose to keep their maiden name. Jesus. Who has this kind of time on their hands?
Absolutely. I wouldn't even consider hooking-up with a woman who didn't insist on using her own family name. If there were children, they could take their choice of names. In Iceland, the most civilized country, they don't even have family names, using patrinomials, instead. My Scots ancestors did the same.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:15 PM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
What a silly and petty question to ponder. It's not 1950 any longer. Many women choose to keep their maiden name. Jesus. Who has this kind of time on their hands?
Well of course many women keep their maiden name these days, especially when their maiden name is Trump, with which one has branded all of their product lines. Obviously the "Kushner" clothing line is not going to have the same recognition, is it?

Old 03-27-2017, 04:17 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Because of Money!!!!!! and the other stuff they are doing is, because American People are in general too Passive and too complacently Dumb enough to allow this insanity to continuet.
I think the question was, why is anybody concerned about why Ivanka Trump doesn't use her husband's last name.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:17 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Sure what it looks like! So how soon till all the idiot Trump-Bots start calling Jared, "President Kushner"?
Just after the idiot Trump Haters start calling him President.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:19 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
The question EVERY AMERICAN should be asking themselves, is why are we allowing this madness to continue?
What madness is that? Are you talking about the rogue sanctuary cities?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies