Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2017, 11:42 AM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times

Advertisements

"WikiLeaks has published hundreds more files today which it claims show the CIA went to great lengths to disguise its own hacking attacks and point the finger at Russia, China, North Korea and Iran. The 676 files released today are part of WikiLeaks' Vault 7 tranche of files and they claim to give an insight into the CIA's Marble software, which can forensically disguise viruses, trojans and hacking attacks."

WikiLeaks says CIA disguised hacking as Russian activity* | Daily Mail Online

Way back on 8/30/16, I said this:

Do You Believe The Russian Hack Stories?

I don't believe any of it. Now the administration (Homeland Security/FBI) are talking election hacks. I just can't believe that if it's so easy to recognize Russian hacking that the Russians would be so stupid to make sure you know it's them doing the hacking. If you were Russian spies intent on hacking US systems wouldn't you make sure it looked like the Chinese did it or the North Koreans did it, for example?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post45318739

I posted this same thing on the Washington Post website and on The Hill website back then.

So apparently the Capitol Hill boobs were once believing the horsebleep our own intelligence people were shoveling that it was definitely the Russians hacking. They all have the tools to make it look like someone else did it. Honestly, I would have put my money on the NSA doing it over the CIA but I'm wondering if the FBI even knows about the CIA and this tool.

The Wikileaks Release:

https://wikileaks.org/vault7/?marble#Marble
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 11:45 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,938 times
So wikileaks releases another dump right after the biggest development in the Trump-Russia controversy? How about that coincidence...

Old 03-31-2017, 11:49 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,974,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
So wikileaks releases another dump right after the biggest development in the Trump-Russia controversy? How about that coincidence...
Yup, coincidences are usually not as innocent as they seem, but you also can't discount the claim being made assuming its true.

Old 03-31-2017, 12:06 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
"WikiLeaks has published hundreds more files today which it claims show the CIA went to great lengths to disguise its own hacking attacks and point the finger at Russia, China, North Korea and Iran. The 676 files released today are part of WikiLeaks' Vault 7 tranche of files and they claim to give an insight into the CIA's Marble software, which can forensically disguise viruses, trojans and hacking attacks."

WikiLeaks says CIA disguised hacking as Russian activity* | Daily Mail Online

Way back on 8/30/16, I said this:

Do You Believe The Russian Hack Stories?

I don't believe any of it. Now the administration (Homeland Security/FBI) are talking election hacks. I just can't believe that if it's so easy to recognize Russian hacking that the Russians would be so stupid to make sure you know it's them doing the hacking. If you were Russian spies intent on hacking US systems wouldn't you make sure it looked like the Chinese did it or the North Koreans did it, for example?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post45318739

I posted this same thing on the Washington Post website and on The Hill website back then.

So apparently the Capitol Hill boobs were once believing the horsebleep our own intelligence people were shoveling that it was definitely the Russians hacking. They all have the tools to make it look like someone else did it. Honestly, I would have put my money on the NSA doing it over the CIA but I'm wondering if the FBI even knows about the CIA and this tool.

The Wikileaks Release:

https://wikileaks.org/vault7/?marble#Marble
Is there some reason to believe it's not much easier to disguise the source of your hacks when you are the source compared to the difficulty of disguising the hacks of others to make them appear to emanate from a different source?

If so, please explain.

If not, your point would be?

Old 03-31-2017, 03:05 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,094,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
What development?

There were a number of tech experts that debunked the Russian hacking story as soon as it was pushed.

A first world intelligence agency is not going to leave a trail of their hacking (FBI director Comey confirmed this).

The Russians, and all the other first world intelligence agencies didn't leave a trail when they hacked Hillary's emails, so why would they leave a trail in the alleged hacks of the DNC?

The other question is why did the DNC refuse to allow the FBI to examine their computers/servers?

Old 03-31-2017, 03:42 PM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Is there some reason to believe it's not much easier to disguise the source of your hacks when you are the source compared to the difficulty of disguising the hacks of others to make them appear to emanate from a different source?

If so, please explain.

If not, your point would be?
My point is the tools to make it look like someone else did it is out there so why would the Russians make it so obvious it was them? It's the same point I made last summer. It's just as easy for our own intelligence to interfere with our elections and make it look like it was the Russians.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:44 PM

20,715 posts, read 19,355,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Yup, coincidences are usually not as innocent as they seem, but you also can't discount the claim being made assuming its true.

yup, sometimes two suckers have the same delusions...

Old 03-31-2017, 03:47 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,229,968 times
Quote:

[/url]

CIA trying to disguise its own hack doesn't mean the Russians didn't have a hack of their own.

Those two things are NOT mutually exclusive.

This is another fake spin from the Right.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:50 PM

1,501 posts, read 1,726,649 times
Quote:
My point is the tools to make it look like someone else did it is out there so why would the Russians make it so obvious it was them? It's the same point I made last summer. It's just as easy for our own intelligence to interfere with our elections and make it look like it was the Russians.
Who said it was "so obvious" it was the Russians? Maybe they tried to cover their tracks but didn't do a great job.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:51 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,493,361 times
Quote:
So you are saying the cia hacked the doc, gave it to wiki leaks so trump would win?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies