Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2017, 06:44 AM

51,663 posts, read 25,896,174 times

Advertisements

A fellow so dedicated to his marriage that he won't meet alone with another woman is paired with a guy who brings his mistress along on a family ski holiday.

I've given up reading novels.

Though I suspect there will be some good ones written.

If John Goodman doesn't play Trump, there is no justice in this world.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 04-02-2017 at 06:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2017, 06:49 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,299,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
A fellow so dedicated to his marriage that he won't meet alone with another woman is paired with a guy who brings his mistress along on family ski holiday.

The idea of a VP is to provide something the President is weak on. The problem here is neither provides a positive.

Old 04-02-2017, 06:52 AM

51,663 posts, read 25,896,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I think it has to do with the appearance of impropriety...
Rather than the impropriety itself.

We all know, or at least read about, holier-than-thou people, and we know how that often turns out.

I learned this lesson as a child at PTA meetings when the members of a religion that did not believe in drinking coffee would stand around out behind the building and drink coffee.

As if if two by fours and drywall hid them from God's view.

Old 04-02-2017, 06:53 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,299,959 times
Quote:
A fellow so dedicated to his marriage that he won't meet alone with another woman is paired with a guy who brings his mistress along on family ski holiday.

You couldn't write better drama. LOL!

Goodman is great casting!

Old 04-02-2017, 06:53 AM

57,414 posts, read 26,328,118 times
He is one very strange person, always squinting and wrinkling his forehead, does he ever laugh. Why did he feel the need to make this public, seems he could have kept this private rather than sharing.

I feel sorry for his wife going out with him whenever he needs to drink, I can just imagine the places she was forced to go.

Last edited by Goodnight; 04-02-2017 at 07:41 AM..

Old 04-02-2017, 06:55 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,299,959 times
Quote:
Rather than the impropriety itself.

Also, I have to wonder if he'd decline to have dinner and alcohol alone with a gay male...

Old 04-02-2017, 06:57 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,718,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
"possibly lead to something"

HOW?!?!?

IF that's how he thinks, it's painfully obvious that he views women as sexual objects & nothing more.

I feel bad for these people who are so fearful of "temptation" and whatnot. It sounds like they think about sex and guilt from it wayyyyyy more than people who really don't give "two F's about religion."
Addressing ^^^ first... (and many other liberal/lefty posts)...

You don't understand human nature, and sounds like whatever human nature leads to is "OK" with you.

And a few of you seem to be too obsessed with trying to make him sound like he's gay. Feeling insecure, are you? Needing company for reinforcement? What a sad bunch.

You don't understand a life of faith and walking by faith. You are correct that most people don't give "two F's about religion. That comment alone tells me a lot about you.

For the rest of the left that finds this 'weird' just because it doesn't line up with their views...what makes you think Pence needs to change. Maybe you need to change?

Pence does give God a place in his life and I'm glad for it. He has more spirituality than most of the posters here. Their words show that.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Addressing ^^^ first... (and many other liberal/lefty posts)...

You don't understand human nature, and sounds like whatever human nature leads to is "OK" with you.

And a few of you seem to be too obsessed with trying to make him sound like he's gay. Feeling insecure, are you? Needing company for reinforcement? What a sad bunch.

You don't understand a life of faith and walking by faith. You are correct that most people don't give "two F's about religion. That comment alone tells me a lot about you.

For the rest of the left that finds this 'weird' just because it doesn't line up with their views...what makes you think Pence needs to change. Maybe you need to change?

Pence does give God a place in his life and I'm glad for it. He has more spirituality than most of the posters here. Their words show that.
Please explain how my words show that and answer my questions in my post from 8:11.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:20 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,718,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Please explain how my words show that and answer my questions in my post from 8:11.
I don't see that I addressed you specifically. If you don't see that any of this fits, move on.

If the shoe does fit, as the saying goes, examine why it does and see if any adjustments might be in order.

Old 04-02-2017, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
I don't see that I addressed you specifically.
No, you didn't, you just took a wide shot at demonizing some vague large group. Very spiritual of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies