Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2017, 01:51 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,029,717 times

Advertisements

Trump took his eye off the ball, ISIS. Now we are deeply embedded in three country's Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria and soon North Korea. The only fight worth fighting right now is ISIS and Al-Qaeda.

UN Ambassador and Secretary Of State have different positions on the same day.

Trump to his staff "Work It Out".

Trump can not stay focused and control his administration which is destroying our hard earned global dominance.

Disastrous week for Trump and America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 01:52 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
As a Trump supporter, I have to ask...how does getting into the middle of yet another Middle East civil war in any way make America great again? I see $60 million or so in expensive weapons wasted, and a foreign policy that echos that of Bush and Obama.
We are already involved. Obama got is mixed up in it. This included enforcing his "Red Line", i.e. Chemical Weapons.

Trump dealt with it in a very effective fashion. Assad won't be using them again anytime soon. He knows that Putin can't save him from the Trump should the USA decide that he's the next target.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
Trump took his eye off the ball, ISIS.
Obama told us that ISIS was "contained" in Syria.
“I don’t think they’re gaining strength,” Obama responded. “What is true is that from the start, our goal has been first to contain and we have contained them. They have not gained ground in Iraq, and in Syria they’ll come in, they’ll leave, but you don’t see this systemic march by ISIL across the terrain.”
Are you saying that Obama lied?

Old 04-09-2017, 01:56 PM

3 posts, read 1,557 times
I've supported trump all along, but this hasn't been his best week in office. Syria is not a disaster by any means, but I'm not sure what the point was of "poking" another nation with Russian and Iranian troops there. We have the threat of terrorism, North Korea acting up and still issues in Iraq and Afghanistan. I'm not so sure his decision was entirely thought out. We will see, I guess.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:17 PM

1,940 posts, read 1,029,717 times
The Syrian conflict is within Syria. ISIS and Al-Qaeda are world wide and attacking our allies so the focus should stay on them. ISIS may not be taking ground but they are still a real threat to our freedoms and have a wide net of radicalized combatants everywhere.

ISIS is a bigger threat to our nation right now than Syria or North Korea.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:58 PM

5,661 posts, read 3,525,056 times
You got that right WaldoKitty, regarding Trump having a good week

Kim Jung Un wetting his pants...love that one

Last edited by Atalanta; 04-09-2017 at 03:08 PM..

Old 04-09-2017, 05:22 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
As a Trump supporter, I have to ask...how does getting into the middle of yet another Middle East civil war in any way make America great again? I see $60 million or so in expensive weapons wasted, and a foreign policy that echos that of Bush and Obama.
And of course it will help ISIS more than it will hurt them...

Old 04-09-2017, 06:25 PM

3,867 posts, read 3,147,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Lets see what he looks like when he runs into the senior statesman from China....Xi isn't a rookie like the Donald.

And don't get too excited about the Russians...Putin can play the orgy tape any time his puppet gets out of line.
I think the Chinese see this in a different light. It signals to them that President Trump is not really calling the shots anymore but the Republican establishment is. Especially after Bannon was demoted. They most likely see Trump is now a powerless puppet. When Trump promised he would never do the thing his predecessors did but did so in the face of Congressional pressure of investigations that could lead unto impeachment is signaling that Trump has to do what the Washington establishment dictates. If Trump deviates from what has been standard American foreign policy for decades the Senate will not hesitate to replace Trump with Pence.

Considering all of the above the Chinese are quite confident that everything will remain the same in the Chinese - American relationship. Maybe some tariffs on their steel exports if it is proved they are dumping steel in the US but that is about it.

Last edited by Coseau; 04-09-2017 at 06:34 PM..

Old 04-10-2017, 02:10 PM

Still winning for Trump.

Most support his Chemical Weapon airstrikes.

Poll: 57% approve of Syria airstrikes, but few want more military action « Hot Air

Old 04-10-2017, 02:22 PM

8,420 posts, read 7,422,672 times
Yet Republican Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell warns that President Trump's low approval ratings could harm the Republicans in the 2018 elections (link).

And Trump's approval rating?

Gallup 4/9/2017 numbers are holding steady at 40% approval / 53% disapproval.
CBS News poll 4/9/2017 at 43% / 49%.
Rasmussen poll 4/9/2017 at 44% / 56%.

For a guy who supposedly had such an incredibly wonderful week last week, it sure hasn't budged people's opinion about him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies