Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2017, 09:25 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Awwwwww, B S!

All the chatter, gossip, jealousy, and bickering would have a new war broken out every three hours.

Nothing would ever get done.......unless it was by default to exhaustion from moving the couch to the same corner of the room and back again for the eighth time that day.

Women don't get along well with other women, unless they're bashing a common 'foe". In the case of this thread, the common foe happens to be men, in general.

CN
As a woman who called BS on both sides early in the discussion, I take issue with that remark.

The idea that a world governed exclusively by women would be utopia is utter crap.

So is the idea that no woman is fit to govern.

This whole debate is ridiculous, and frankly, I'm disgusted with myself for getting sucked into it.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:25 AM

2,752 posts, read 2,762,357 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrqNx_og_uk

That video kinda sums up women.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:29 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staphangel View Post
That's easy to say coming from a man that greatly benefits from all of his toxic masculinity and male privilege. Unlike men, women are inherently loving, nurturing and peaceful.
Biggest load of codswallop I ever had the displeasure of reading.

Women are catty, vicious prone to raging and blaming it on hormones. Quick to attack before common sense kicks in.

And that's just off the top of my head.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:30 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
As a woman who called BS on both sides early in the discussion, I take issue with that remark.

The idea that a world governed exclusively by women would be utopia is utter crap.

So is the idea that no woman is fit to govern.

This whole debate is ridiculous, and frankly, I'm disgusted with myself for getting sucked into it.
Same.

I have friends of both sexes and of varying sexual orientations and I've obviously worked with, went to school with, been acquaintances with quite a diverse set of people. The idea that one's gender and sexual orientation can be used to speculate on personality, morals, etc. is just absolute hogwash. I've known gossips of every stripe. I've know people with the biggest hearts and lack of meanness of all stripes. People are people and that's it. This whole thread is just ridiculous really.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:31 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,318,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Biggest load of codswallop I ever had the displeasure of reading.

Women are catty, vicious prone to raging and blaming it on hormones. Quick to attack before common sense kicks in.

And that's just off the top of my head.

Oh I've met a few men who are catty, vicious gossips who can't wait to spread rumors and back stab people. That behavior isn't limited to those of us with vaginas.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:32 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Same.

I have friends of both sexes and of varying sexual orientations and I've obviously worked with, went to school with, been acquaintances with quite a diverse set of people. The idea that one's gender and sexual orientation can be used to speculate on personality, morals, etc. is just absolute hogwash. I've known gossips of every stripe. I've know people with the biggest hearts and lack of meanness of all stripes. People are people and that's it. This whole thread is just ridiculous really.
On that I can agree.

/thread

Old 04-08-2017, 09:34 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,000,585 times
Let's bury the hatchet Lizzy Borden for President ...

Old 04-08-2017, 09:36 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,632,022 times
The world would definitely be a more peaceful place with women in charge . Women are good for the economy too. They are the ultimate consumer.

Old 04-08-2017, 09:40 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Usually the too nice business is IRT a person lacking self confidence and a backbone. Someone who has to follow along like a little lost puppy dog.

NEWSFLASH: confident, intelligent men with self confidence are what people want. Stick up for yourself and treat others the way you'd want to be treated. And stop crying in your soup about how nice you are. If you were really so nice, you wouldn't have a problem finding someone to share your life with.

The "nice" guys I know are among the most judgmental wet blankets I've ever encountered. They have an opinion on everything a woman should do from the way she dresses to who she speaks with to whether she drinks or smokes too much to how big her breasts and how small her waist is. Nice guys my ass.
My experience has been a little different, both in my own life, and in my observation of the relationships of friends.

Most of the time when a guy is rejected for being "too nice," it's not because the man is necessarily judgmental, or weak, or even too genuinely kind. It's because often there is a certain level of manipulation going on. A man will decide he wants a woman, and will do nice things for her, calling it "friendship," not for her sake, but for his own ends, and then play on her guilt, or even turn on her altogether if she chooses another. The woman may not be able to put into words exactly what is wrong with this guy, but she will know something is. A good man, when he offers his friendship, means it, regardless of whether or not it gets him a date or a mate.

I'm not interested in "nice guys." I would, however, love to find a good man.

Disclaimer: I know that there are also women who lead men on, taking advantage of their kindness with false hints of more than friendship. I think that behavior is despicable, and it may well help to contribute to the creation of "nice guys." Still...each woman, like each man, is an individual, and there's no need for a man to assume because one woman has done this to him, that all will.

Old 04-08-2017, 10:22 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
I'm just looking for a woman who isn't consumed by regressive left ideology and collectivism.
First sign of trouble: you see a pu$$y hat on her kitchen table.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies