Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 01:31 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The US has been going socially liberal for decades but at the same time it's gone anti-worker, pro-corporation, pro-wall street.
In other words, the 1980 Libertarian Party platform & agenda.

Old 04-14-2017, 01:32 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
...we're going to go more liberal for a while...
Again we're using that term without really defining it. See my post above. Is "liberal" to mean we "allow more" -- individuals are more free and powerful -- or is "liberal" to mean we put more power in the hands of a central planning authority?
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
...and then make a sharp turn to libertarian. And technology will be the driver.
Certainly what's usually missing from these discussions is the enormous impact new technologies (artificial intellect, AR/VR, internet of everything, Smart Dust, nano and smaller technology, fusion, self-driving and autonomous vehicles / drones / robots, "x without y" technologies, simplified DNA programming, ectogenesis, etc.) are going to have on civilization. But I see it as a sharp turn toward another direction.

In the future you will own nothing and have access to everything

It could be we're mincing timeframes. But I think once a couple of generations submit to artificial intellect first doing most of the intellectual labor and next making a lot of the policy and resource decisions, once UBI is how most of the humans subsist, once we have technology monitoring and cataloging literally everything our bodies and brains do 100 times per second, once a lot of the world is automated and most of the humans spend most of their time in VR, we'll have a kind of technologically-enforced communism.

I'm not cheerleading for any of that. I just think it's our future.

Dark Futurology

Future Timeline.net

Old 04-14-2017, 01:36 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
lol - I guess I need to remind everyone again of the 26,000+ bombs we dropped in the ME in 2016. Thanks, Obama. (or should that be "Obomba"?)
That was already on fire when he got there.

I had hoped Obama would wrap it up and bring everyone home. Disappointed he did not.

But blaming a president for dropping bombs during wars is as silly as misspelling his name in the mistaken belief this is sign of wit.

Old 04-14-2017, 01:36 PM

957 posts, read 1,133,381 times
The ony ones who win (almost) every time are rich people and capitalists.

Trump, Bush, Clinton (both he and she) are not liberal nor conservative, they are ultra rich globo-capitalists and **** on our rights.

Who ****ing care wether I'm white or black, christian or muslim, etero or gay if I'm unemployed, with no job nor healthcare?

Old 04-14-2017, 01:47 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,840,114 times
Dream on. Slapping 'liberal' label on democrats doesnt make the party liberal. They are self-loathing, delusional & ignorant people who want the world to be one big hippie commune. Europe tried that strategy & got invaded easily. I dont hate liberals but pity them for their lack of awareness of third world countries & their cultures. Leaders like Merkel, Hillary have used this ignorance to sell invasion to the West. I would rather have a president who is a jerk & a bully but also patriotic, rather than a sweet talking traitor who would sell her country to the enemies.

I am a conservative & I am strictly against racism, discrimination, sexism, homophobia. I used to be a democrat but they lost my support last election by turning into traitors & bullies. They bought the media & thought they could brainwash the country into approving illegal immigration & unconditional support for refugees at the cost of our safety & future. No thanks. I cant afford to be called a 'liberal' anymore so I switched sides.

Old 04-14-2017, 01:49 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Historically.. all developed (and free) countries become more Liberal over time. The U.S. included.

Ya, then we had 1776.

People get tired of being the peasants and slaves at the demand of others, "more privileged"

Old 04-14-2017, 01:55 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
That's the spirit, Snowflake. You've lost the House. You've lost the Senate. You've lost the Presidency. You've lost representation at every level of government; but rather than engage in some messy introspection and wondering if maybe there's something wrong with your message, you're going to double down on unwarranted optimism--because it's brought you to where you are today: rock bottom.

Old 04-14-2017, 01:57 PM

2,852 posts, read 1,613,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
That's the spirit, Snowflake. You've lost the House. You've lost the Senate. You've lost the Presidency. You've lost representation at every level of government; but rather than engage in some messy introspection and wondering if maybe there's something wrong with your message, you're going to double down on unwarranted optimism--because it's brought you to where you are today: rock bottom.
Don't you just LOVE to watch them waller in their own tears?

Old 04-14-2017, 02:26 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Historically.. all developed (and free) countries become more Liberal over time. The U.S. included.

We are going to see increased Liberal turn out in the coming years due to this Trump situation. This is bad for Cons.

Another problem is highly educated people are usually more Liberal. Many people enter college as Cons and leave as Liberals. Then you have the media. Then you have the economic engine of all the big cities where Liberals dominate.

There really isn't anything to keep Conservatism strong outside of anger, racism and nationalism. Most Cons in power are not even true conservatives. They talk conservatism to get votes, then support bi-partisan or liberal policies once in office.

Big businesses support Cons for the tax benefits, but not the ideology. Most CEO's don't care about abortion or family values at all. They are snorting cocaine and sleeping with their secretary while married.

I'm not sure what the Cons will do after Trump implodes in the near future.
Anger, racism and nationalism? LOL!

Old 04-14-2017, 02:27 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:

We are going to see increased Liberal turn out in the coming years due to this Trump situation. This is bad for Cons.

Another problem is highly educated people are usually more Liberal. Many people enter college as Cons and leave as Liberals. Then you have the media. Then you have the economic engine of all the big cities where Liberals dominate.

There really isn't anything to keep Conservatism strong outside of anger, racism and nationalism. Most Cons in power are not even true conservatives. They talk conservatism to get votes, then support bi-partisan or liberal policies once in office.

Big businesses support Cons for the tax benefits, but not the ideology. Most CEO's don't care about abortion or family values at all. They are snorting cocaine and sleeping with their secretary while married.

I'm not sure what the Cons will do after Trump implodes in the near future.
Like we said a long time ago. Split the country in half geographically speaking from North to South (like use the Mississippi River for the dividing line so each half gets warm and cold weather and a coastline and ask adults (children go with their parents until 18) to voluntarily move to Liberalville or Conservativeville if they are in the wrong place, now. Assume each side will determine their own type of government and structure (i.e., states/no states) and laws. Assume each will be their own countries with their own trade deals and will still probably trade with each other.

Where do you think the criminals/gangs will choose when they know libs will give them lighter sentences and decriminalize some crimes? Which side do you think the dope addicts will choose? Where will the terrorists go? The side who outlaws guns or Conservativeville where everyone may be armed? Which side do you think the military and police will choose? The one that appreciates them more or the one that appreciates them less? How about people on some type of long term public assistance? The side who gives them free stuff or the side that doesn't? Where do you think most of the businesses will go? The side with higher taxes and more regulations? Lastly, who do you think will now have to shoulder the tax burden for all of the Liberalville government programs?

How long will it take for Liberalville to be invaded?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies