Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2017, 09:16 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
This sounded too nuts to be true, so I checked. Sure enough.

https://twitter.com/donaldjtrumpjr/s...308864?lang=en
How? Do you not remember the bowl of Skittles? Star of David with dollar signs meme? That dude is a dumb ass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2017, 10:02 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Alt-Right Ringleader Mike Cernovich Threatens to Drop

A week after President Donald Trump began to publicly distance himself from White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon, alt-right ringleader Mike Cernovich threatened to release a “motherlode” of stories that could “destroy marriages” if Bannon is formally let go from the administration.

Cernovich made the claims that he’d release a series of “scoops” if Bannon is officially pushed out of the White House on an eleven-minute, self-recorded Periscope Thursday night.

Is trump afraid of what could come out?

This guy Cernovich is repulsive. He thinks there's no such thing as date rape and tweeted bragging about going to the gym after relations with a woman during her cycle and the odor it caused. Classy!
These guys are, unabashedly, a veritable 'basket of repulsive' full stop.

Mr. Trump may not have realized it (& how unusual would that be ) although from Day 1, Mr. Bannon has been quite clear about the ideological special interest group he represented. Trump was always viewed as a (dim witted) 'blunt instrument' for this group:

Quote:
...On the surface, Bannon at least has the benefit of being politically sympathetic with Trump; Breitbart, under his leadership, after all, has become “Trump Pravda,” as one former staffer described it to me. But when I talked with Bannon, he expressed a wariness about the political genuineness of the Trump campaign persona. Trump is a “blunt instrument for us,” he told me earlier this summer. “I don’t know whether he really gets it or not.” ...
Exclusive: Steve Bannon, Trump

Old 05-18-2017, 11:27 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Thanks for that article. Mostly a rehash but it was funny to read something written in August about how Trump and Bannon were essentially losers who knew nothing about American politics and what were they going to do after the election?

Old 05-19-2017, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Thanks for that article. Mostly a rehash but it was funny to read something written in August about how Trump and Bannon were essentially losers who knew nothing about American politics and what were they going to do after the election?
You're welcome. It may've been written in August, however it seems oddly accurate in predicting how the political calculus would change if these, as you've noted, "essentially losers" were given the opportunity to (abuse) the power that comes with the office:

Quote:
...Bannon, not surprisingly, has critics, even within the movement he leads. A former employee of Breitbart described him to me as “Donald Trump but more intelligent.” He didn’t mean it as a compliment, and was instead referring to the opportunism, the personal vindictiveness, and the lack of a moral center that have become defining characteristics of Trump.

Bannon certainly does appear to share some of Trump’s moral flexibility.

...Breitbart, indeed, is a brand built on anger. ...
Exclusive: Steve Bannon, Trump

As an aside, I think it was political activist & president of Citizens United, David Bossie, (also Trump's deputy campaign manager), who first introduced Mr. Bannon & the Mercer family to Mr. Trump.

Old 05-19-2017, 04:59 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Destroy marriages... Does anyone believe that Trump DOESN'T have mistresseS?

Old 05-19-2017, 06:18 AM

Thanks for the anonymous rep from whomever. The answer to your question is: Listening to Elvis Costello's (The Angels Wanna Wear My) Red Shoes:

Oh, I used to be disgusted
And now I try to be amused
But since their wings have got rusted
You know, the angels wanna ...

Old 05-19-2017, 10:11 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Alt-Right Ringleader Mike Cernovich Threatens to Drop

A week after President Donald Trump began to publicly distance himself from White House Chief Strategist Steve Bannon, alt-right ringleader Mike Cernovich threatened to release a “motherlode” of stories that could “destroy marriages” if Bannon is formally let go from the administration.

Cernovich made the claims that he’d release a series of “scoops” if Bannon is officially pushed out of the White House on an eleven-minute, self-recorded Periscope Thursday night.

Is trump afraid of what could come out?

This guy Cernovich is repulsive. He thinks there's no such thing as date rape and tweeted bragging about going to the gym after relations with a woman during her cycle and the odor it caused. Classy!

This guy gets death threats by the minute.

Old 05-19-2017, 01:20 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
He's another horrible example of alt-right wing creepers with loud voices now. He was into that gross PUA (pickup artist) stuff, somehow he got his ex wife to support him, he acts like he is always coked up, and he seems extremely arrogant. Now he is threatening the president about who is allowed to be in the administration. What a fool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies