Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 09:49 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,823,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Women, (the privileged) get pushed to the front of the line.....
Small business loans for instance.
Educational requirements to get into college STEM Majors
Government hiring(they make less than a white male, remember)
The privilege of diversity, away from anything white male.
I'm a black woman, I lead that to the following:

• I have a business I own and didn't get a small business loan (FWIW my husband is black and also has a business and didn't get a small business loan - I just finished our taxes and he has a relatively small business that he started up last year and we put in nearly $20k of our own money to start his business, no loans)
  • I am not a STEM major only 2-3% of women are STEM graduates...
  • I've worked for government and made WAY less than the white men who worked with me and I know because I did 7 jobs (the men only did 1 lol) and one of them was HR so I know what everyone made...
  • Not sure how diversity is a "privilege."

BenBow you need to stop thinking you are oppressed as a straight, white man by us "womin folk" and "diverse minorities." You are more than likely getting "more stuff" than us lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
I imagined those links to the fact, the female gender are a privileged class.
And you think I'm the idiot here.
I do think the bold....

I've yet to see anything that makes the female gender a "privileged class."

Old 04-18-2017, 09:59 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
http://www.blackenterprise.com/small...entrepreneurs/
https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/le...igibility.html
Contrary to popular belief, free money is available to entrepreneurs. Real business grants do exist. In fact, hundreds of black and minority-owned businesses each year receive such grant funding from various government agencies and nonprofit organizations

Grants for Minority Students
General aid programs are open to students coming from all ethnic traditions, but some financial aid is tailored exclusively for minority applicants. African American, Hispanic, Native American and Asian college students each enjoy access to grants and other financial aid that speaks to their heritage. If you are a minority college student, apply for general aid, but also target the scholarships and grants that take your cultural traditions into account.

Try setting up something like this for white males!! Oh the virtue signalling and instant triggering would explode.

Yes, the privilege classes.

I want to identify as a black female on all applications.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:01 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Who am I to argue if someone wants to go blackface and identify as a black person, to get all the privilege of government that goes with it?
If we let someone be, look and act as a different gender, we must allow people to be, look and act like a different race. Why discriminate.
Not enough mental gymnastics to overcome, race v. gender. Race wins over gender.
Free people with liberties can pretend to change gender, but not race?

Who does it harm, to go "blackface", "whiteface" or dressing and acting as the opposite gender, playing pretend?

Old 04-18-2017, 11:17 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I've read studies such as the one you linked. That's why I mentioned hormones and the roles they might play. Including brain development.

It's fascinating stuff, really.

And why I think that gender is a continuum and not an on/off switch.

Some people are very hard left or right of the continuum and some are in the middle. Others are scattered throughout, but can easily identify with their physical gender.

If that makes sense.

Nothing wrong with any of it, really. We spend way too much time judging other people.
It's very fascinating. Yes, I agree that gender is a continuum. There is so much to learn, if one takes the time.

I agree that there is too much judging going on.

Old 04-18-2017, 11:37 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:

Then you better buckle up and strap your ass in, girl. Because you're in for a hell of a ride, and it is at times bloody, screaming hell.

First you're going to find either a psychiatrist, or psychologist who will turn your mind inside out and sideways looking for reasons to refuse further treatment, because in this case that is their job. That'll go on for anywhere from 2 years, to never if anything comes up that would prohibit treatment.

You should be prepared to live in your preferred gender role well before hormones. If you don't look that good, you better grow a titanium shell for skin, because the insults, derision, abandonment and rejection will be brutal. It's brutal even if you do look sufficiently feminine. You should also be prepared to lose your family and friends. Because it happens.

If you are accepted as eligible for hormone treatment, your psychiatrist/psychologist has to convince your doctor that this is the best course of treatment. Then your doctor has to find an convince an endocrinologist to treat you.

The first six months you won't notice a whole lot, after that you will probably become sterile, and your genitals will cease to function, and start to atrophy. That means they shrink. Wave good bye to your sex drive. That for me was a relief, probably not so much for you. Your skin will get a lot softer, and you will begin to grow breasts. Think that sounds fun? As a guy, probably. But they itch all. the. time. And they are sore. All. the. time. This will go one for about 2-3 years, maybe longer. Your body will become more feminized over time, redistribution of fat, curves, etc.

This is just the beginning. It gets so much worse from here. But some of us don't have a choice.

Still sound fun?

Old 04-18-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
http://www.blackenterprise.com/small...entrepreneurs/
https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/le...igibility.html
Contrary to popular belief, free money is available to entrepreneurs. Real business grants do exist. In fact, hundreds of black and minority-owned businesses each year receive such grant funding from various government agencies and nonprofit organizations

Grants for Minority Students
General aid programs are open to students coming from all ethnic traditions, but some financial aid is tailored exclusively for minority applicants. African American, Hispanic, Native American and Asian college students each enjoy access to grants and other financial aid that speaks to their heritage. If you are a minority college student, apply for general aid, but also target the scholarships and grants that take your cultural traditions into account.

Try setting up something like this for white males!! Oh the virtue signalling and instant triggering would explode.

Yes, the privilege classes.

FYI - as stated, I've been one of those black government employees. I also worked in a contracting capacity and am very familiar with the grant process and government regulations pertaining to SBA loans. The government does not provide any grants for businesses unless it is a local government and I've yet to see a local government provide a grant to someone just because they are black or a woman. You cannot get any grant for being black lol. That is a total fabrication. There are no grants for being a black female either.

None of your links show any grants for me being a black female lol.

The one for "minority students" speaks of how you can get a grant for being a minority, then turns around and says the best place to get grants is from federal Pell grants or state grants that anyone is eligible for if they are poor lol.

Again, I've been a black female for nearly 40 years. Never got anything for free. Never got any money for being black. Never got any money for being a female.

Now I will admit I went to an HBCU and due to that I applied for and received quite a few UNCF scholarships, but the kicker here is that white people can get UNCF scholarships if they go to an HBCU too!

The year I graduated from college, Morehouse College, the HBCU that MLK attended/graduated from had a straight, white male graduate who received the majority of his funding from UNCF for scholarships. He was eligible because he was an HBCU student.

Again, black people don't get "free stuff." Women don't get "privileges."

You need to stop believing the lies you read on the internet and the talk radio/conservative media outlets you follow.

And you go ahead and apply as a black female. Make sure you use a stereotypically sounding black female name and see how many call backs you get and how much money you receive lol.

FYI - white men get the most SBA loans. White men get the most STEM scholarships. White men get awarded over 95% of the government contracts in this country (higher than that in most instances). White women owned businesses get about 2% of federal contracts. Black people period get about .5% of federal contracts period.

So who here is "privileged" and "getting" stuff?

Old 04-19-2017, 08:43 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
What? And give up your status as an "alpha male?"

Old 04-19-2017, 08:54 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
What? And give up your status as an "alpha male?"
He'd have to change his name to "BentBow-ner."

Old 04-19-2017, 09:00 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,794,281 times
Quote:
We all just want to identify.

Boys dressing and acting like girls, girls dressing and acting like boys.
Black people dressing, straightening their hair, lightening their skin and acting like white people.
White people getting perms to curl their hair, tan or apply products to darken their skin going blackface, and act gangsta.

Transracial.
Who is offended by Blackface, again?
Good question! Michael Jackson tried to pass as white. There was some NCAAP official somewhere who was white and tried to pass as black. You might say both of these people had some kind of mental imbalance like travestites but the managed to live with it and even succeed, you might say.

Actual blackface, as far as I know, was only used by actors in the 1920's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies