Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 07:51 AM

833 posts, read 521,007 times

Advertisements

I beg and plead with you liberals to push Chelsea Clinton to the forefront of your politics! DO IT!

Old 04-18-2017, 08:07 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,310,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Ivanka is more accomplished than Chelsea
Right. Because Ivanka makes money and Chelsea does more with charities than turning a buck.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
They are shaking in their boots that Ivanka will be the first woman POTUS! Maybe one of the sons might follow in his father's footsteps also.

To put Chelsea Clinton, who I suspect isn't terribly bright after many of the things she said while campaigning for her mother, into the spotlight will be yet another tragedy for the Democratic Party. All the Clinton dirty laundry will be aired again to include hitting hard the overwhelming resemblance of Chelsea to Webb Hubbell.

I always felt sorry for Chelsea and still do. That would not earn her my vote. There were people that were very critical of her looks as a child in the White House which I found cruel. Children should NEVER be criticized the way she was and both her and Amy Carter were subject to that horrible crap.

Imagine having Bill and Hillary as your parents Hopefully, Chelsea doesn't become like them and maybe concentrates on being a voice for some cause.
Did she announce she will run in 2020? Or will she become de facto prez for Daddy Dear without earning one vote?

Old 04-18-2017, 08:10 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
None of this ^^^^^ answers my questions (2/3 of the post you're replying to) nor addresses the point I was making. Seacove wrote CHILDREN (plural) and SPOUSES (plural). Inaccurate whining as I see it. If Seacove still claims that Trump has 'put in government' his CHILDREN (plural), and their SPOUSES (plural), then I want to know which child (or children) other than Ivanka makes that so, and which spouse (or spouses) other than Jared makes that so.
Oh, well if you put it that way... Sure, we only have one corrupt daughter and son in law in power thanks to Trump, so I guess since it isn't plural the nepotism isn't yet at a level that agitates the conservative brain.

But they will flip out that Chelsea is on the cover of some magazine!...

Please consult a dictionary and look up the definition of "hypocrite."

Old 04-18-2017, 08:11 AM

Blake Lively, Chelsea Clinton to Be Honored at Power of Women New York | Variety

Quote:
Variety has chosen to honor Jessica Chastain, Chelsea Clinton, Gayle King, Blake Lively, Audra McDonald, and Shari Redstone at its annual Power of Women: New York luncheon on April 21. The event at Cipriani Midtown will be hosted by Vanessa Bayer (“Saturday Night Live”).

The six women have been selected as Variety‘s Impact Honorees for their humanitarian work. Each of the recipients will be featured on a cover of the magazine’s upcoming issue, which hits stands on April 18.
Quote:
Clinton, vice chair of the Clinton Foundation, will be honored for her work with Alliance for a Healthier Generation, which empowers kids to develop lifelong healthy habits.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:45 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,933 times
Quote:
They are shaking in their boots that Ivanka will be the first woman POTUS! Maybe one of the sons might follow in his father's footsteps also.

To put Chelsea Clinton, who I suspect isn't terribly bright after many of the things she said while campaigning for her mother, into the spotlight will be yet another tragedy for the Democratic Party. All the Clinton dirty laundry will be aired again to include hitting hard the overwhelming resemblance of Chelsea to Webb Hubbell.

I always felt sorry for Chelsea and still do. That would not earn her my vote. There were people that were very critical of her looks as a child in the White House which I found cruel. Children should NEVER be criticized the way she was and both her and Amy Carter were subject to that horrible crap.

Imagine having Bill and Hillary as your parents Hopefully, Chelsea doesn't become like them and maybe concentrates on being a voice for some cause.
They are not shaking in their boots at the thought of one of the Trump children becoming president. None of his children have any political experience- no, flying around the world promoting your family business doesn't equal political experience.

None of his sons have the charisma (if that is the right word) that their father has.
Ivanka may have business experience but as we have seen that doesn't mean that you can run a country well. She'll also have to explain why her goods are made in China using cheap labor and the various copyright lawsuits against her 'brand' as well as the lack of female friendly policies in her own company. Just because the father might succeed as president (holding back laughter) doesn't mean that the children would. And if he goes down, they go down as well. They can't deny they had no knowledge of any corruption.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:49 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Right. Because Ivanka makes money and Chelsea does more with charities than turning a buck.
Ivanka is a business woman AND has done charitable work . I know the mainstream media doesn't like to cover that fact though .

Old 04-18-2017, 08:52 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:

No. Nobody is shaking in anything. Boots, pumps, sneakers, flip flops. Nothing.

They are all even less likely to be elected by a bunch of people than their father was and he spent years gaining some degree of fame via reality TV and the like.

Nope... the people who were Trump's base aren't going to be so energized by a Trump kid. They are even less charismatic than their father.

Yes, Ivanka is a pretty woman, but she's dull.

The Trump sons look like extras from American Psycho.

If Trump was younger and Barron was older and not probably autistic, I'd say he might have a shot because he's male and a handsome kid.

But, there you have it. That is the voting public for you.

Trump's kids bumble harder than he does. And that is no mean feat.

If Ivanka was male, I'd say you might be onto something... but, believe me, the Trump voters of this country are not keen on a woman President. They voted for him because he's brash and says whatever pops into his mouth.

She does none of that. What's the appeal? That she's attractive? Hell, plenty of R women are attractive and have experience.

That's who most of these people would vote for before they'd vote Ivanka.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Ivanka is a business woman AND has done charitable work . I know the mainstream media doesn't like to cover that fact though .
So have hundreds of other women in the US who are also qualified politicians. Do you see any of them in the Oval Office?

Not even referring to Hillary. I know she had baggage.

Referring to all those that don't.

Ivanka's nothing special. She'll need to gain actual experience before Trump's base (no, not all his voters, but the core base) of people who wanted a man no matter how unqualified, are going to vote for a woman. Even Ivanka.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
They are not shaking in their boots at the thought of one of the Trump children becoming president. None of his children have any political experience- no, flying around the world promoting your family business doesn't equal political experience.

None of his sons have the charisma (if that is the right word) that their father has.
Ivanka may have business experience but as we have seen that doesn't mean that you can run a country well. She'll also have to explain why her goods are made in China using cheap labor and the various copyright lawsuits against her 'brand' as well as the lack of female friendly policies in her own company. Just because the father might succeed as president (holding back laughter) doesn't mean that the children would. And if he goes down, they go down as well. They can't deny they had no knowledge of any corruption.
That's pretty much my take on it.

If the kids had charisma and were more like him, I'd say they might have a shot if Trump doesn't go down in the flames he seems to be destined to go down in.

But, none of them have any sort of charisma. He has it. It repels me, but it appeals to others, obviously.

I think that the Trump sons are trying to be more like him, but they just look stupid doing that at their age. His type of "charisma" appeals mostly to boorish sorts of people and older folks for whom that sort of behavior was considered "a sign of power and control." Or some such.

I realize he had voters who don't fall into either of the aforementioned descriptions, so please don't have a hissy anyone. I'm speaking very generally, and not about anyone on this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies