Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2017, 07:22 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,969,227 times

Advertisements

Blue collar workers aren't just employed in manufacturing jobs or coal. They are plumbers, electricians, painters, tile and carpet installers, mechanics, AC techs, linesmen, welders, iron workers, etc. These guys (and ladies) are highly skilled, some studied to be in the trade, others have years of experience, are journeymen. Some are union and some are not. While some may not be college educated, they are paid well. These jobs are not just "viable," they are extremely necessary.

Union households went for Trump when, in the past, they were typically Democrat. Democrats took the blue collar workers for granted, and did nothing to court them. Democrat leaders told Clinton, from what they were seeing, she needed a jobs/economy message, and she refused and/or failed.

"These people are working harder and harder to stay in the same place," per the articles below. Democrats did nothing for them. Democrats are STILL missing the problem, STILL don't understand it. Bill Clinton is the only one who did. Why did you guys put in such an idiot DNC chair who has absolutely no clue about Americans.

Unions investigate their poor showing for Clinton - POLITICO

Blue-collar Democrats to party: It's still the economy, stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I don't think Democrats gave up on the blue collar worker, I think the blue collar worker is just unwilling to accept that their type of jobs are no longer viable in the modern world and nobody is going to bring them back. They believed the lie that Trump would bring coal and manufacturing back, which is the only reason they voted for him instead of Democrats.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2017, 08:02 PM

34,069 posts, read 17,102,875 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etSoJxFQDnY

Old 04-18-2017, 08:03 PM

30,394 posts, read 19,191,759 times
The Dems believe that selling out the blue collar man for the illegal immigrant is in their long-term interest to increase their power and they might be proved right in time.

Old 04-18-2017, 08:20 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,374,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Republicans conveniently ignore the fact that big business loves exploiting undocumented workers. The GOP is establishment is against immigration reform precisely because companies love having a giant underclass of workers they can pay lower than the minimum wage. Until there is a path to citizenship, you'll have undocumented workers driving down wages. Unfortunately for us, the Republican party is completely owned by corporate interests.
Liberals conveniently ignore the fact that big business has bought and paid for the Democrats and spend MORE on them than on Republicans. Those pesky facts again, it must suck when reality doesn't match your fantasy so often.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:00 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,904,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Liberals conveniently ignore the fact that big business has bought and paid for the Democrats and spend MORE on them than on Republicans. Those pesky facts again, it must suck when reality doesn't match your fantasy so often.
Is that why big business donated more to the McCain and Romney campaigns than they did to Obama twice?

Old 04-18-2017, 09:08 PM

34,069 posts, read 17,102,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
democrats are still more interested in protecting the rights of "illegal" aliens than the hard working, tax paying american. In other words, they still don't get it. What you're going to see is the typical democrat play.... If it didn't work the first round, they'll try to do more of it.
bingo

Old 04-18-2017, 09:19 PM

587 posts, read 305,259 times
Because they traitors and unamerican . .

In fact they are so skrewed up they forgot what gender they are , 😎

Old 04-18-2017, 09:22 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,835,361 times
More illegals fewer working folks.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:36 PM

38,646 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Even you don't believe that. You post it solely to bloster the failed Trump admin.

But i will play along for you...

"Hey petch, are you aware a person can be concerned about immigrants and our existing citizens too!""

Shocking hey, some people can be concerned about a whole array of things without missing a beat... wow!!

proof?

I have hundreds of posts supporting universal health care for the US, better stronger employment terms to protect the working stiff. paid vacation for everyone, earned based on hours worked. Better terms across the board, lower taxes for lower paid higher taxes for me.

But i also recognize that "illegals" do back breaking work and they should have protections too and a path to citizenship. They should of course have to earn it. In fact i believe perhaps a milder higher contribution to state taxes phased in based on income becoming high enough to support it without hardship.. IE a little something extra back into the state that embraced their family and educated their kids... It is just an idea and might have too many issues i have not thought through.

the ugly racist and heartless "send them back " bs hurts us in many ways, not all of them today.

WOW!

That's ****ing awesome!

I can have all those new benefits as long as my donor class employer doesn't tell the politicians he/she owns to stick it up my ass by sending this great job I now have (thanks to you) to ****ing India or China while an illegal immigrant drives the wages down for any other job I might be lucky enough to land.

FTR:

This is why Democrats have lost more than a thousand seats over the past eight years and control nothing.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:06 PM

241 posts, read 360,267 times
Whites are a declining majority in this country, and white people are the only racial group in America to overwhelming vote Republican. It may be that Democrats have gotten arragont and assumed because of the growing miniority population they don't need to reach out to blue collar whites since their numbers are dwindling. If Trump's illegal immigration crackdown proves to be affective then the Hispanic population in the USA will decline spelling trouble for the democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies