Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 01:04 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,988,615 times

Advertisements

Its because of supply-side Jesus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE0_JhLsgPQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2017, 01:36 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,930,034 times
You can choose which businessmen you associate with.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:13 PM

8,278 posts, read 6,290,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Ok let's put it this way...both can be corrupt, but politicians have the power to FORCE things on everyone or prevent them from doing things, whereas businessmen cannot (unless they go to said politicians and become buddies).

Also, businessmen actually produce things and create wealth within society, whereas politicians simply decide how everyone else's resources will be used. The government has no resources of its own. They only have what they take from the private sector.
Simpler, it's down to the definition of corrupt.

A corrupt politician will do things for personal gain that negatively effects their voters.

A corrupt business person must do things for personal gain that negatively effects their business.

There's little pressure for a successful politician to limit their corrupted actions. However corrupt business people may cause more harm to themselves by negatively impacting their business than they gain from the personal gain they receive by there corrupted actions.

You're right that politicians can effect everyone under their level of government, but not why there's less overall concern about business.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:23 PM

2,359 posts, read 1,038,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown

I know they create jobs, but so does the Government, Education and the non-profit sector...
I gotta admit...this right here is an extra special kind of ignorance.

The government obviously has no money that it didn't extract from the productive (i.e., private) sector. Every dollar the government has came from somebody who actually had to undertake business risk to produce it.

Education, being largely dependent on federal student loan dollars, is in the same position. For most of its operating funds, it relies on money extracted from the productive (i.e., private) sector and allocated to it by government.

Non-profits? Please. The only reason non-profits exist at all is because somebody in the productive (i.e., private) sector undertook the risk of doing business, produced a profit, and donated some of that profit to one or more non-profit organziations.

Do you note the pattern here? In all instances, the profit produced by the productive (i.e., private) sector preceded everything else. If there are no private sector profits, there's no government, or at least, far less government than many have come to expect. Same with education. And the dependency by non-profits on the productive (i.e., private) sector is so obvious that it shouldn't have to be explained, even to a first-grade student.

That's why business people are more highly regarded than politicians. Business people produce goods and services their consumers want, produce a profit doing it, and in so doing, finance everything else.

Suffice it to say that the productive (i.e., private) is first and superior to all of these other non-productive endeavors such as government, education and non-profits, which are secondary and inferior to the productive (i.e., private) sector.

The activities conducted by the non-productive sector are important, of course, but they can in no way be viewed as being more important than that portion of society that conceived of them, created and chartered them, and which finances them on an ongoing basis, namely, the productive (i.e., private) sector.

And (as if any of this should have required explanation), now you know the answer to your question.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:25 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,332,213 times
I don't believe I've ever seen an intelligent thread start with "Why do........."

Old 04-19-2017, 03:36 PM

20,736 posts, read 19,414,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Cons hate the Government and hate politicians. But they worship business men like Jesus.

Why do they believe business men are not equally or more corrupt than politicians. Where did this idea come from?

I know they create jobs, but so does the Government, Education and the non-profit sector. Its not like business owners are the only job creators. Why do Cons worship them like they are God himself?

What sort boiling blubber do I read here? Da guberment is more powerful....not to mention those baddy businessmen are behind the corrupt politicians. When you create a position of power, they are the ones that take it. Ya have to wear yer life preserver with da guberment stamp on it in a foot of water. Ya can't be crossing state lines with milk...too dangerous. Ya have to have yer chickens feathered in da gubermment approved facility . Whatchewneed is a new stadium. How much money you gonna make on this? Well then that patented chemical is safe then.....

Only a naive liberal could ever exceed a conservative in their ding-battery.

Old 04-19-2017, 03:47 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,680,794 times
Quote:
Cons hate the Government and hate politicians. But they worship business men like Jesus.

Why do they believe business men are not equally or more corrupt than politicians. Where did this idea come from?

I know they create jobs, but so does the Government, Education and the non-profit sector. Its not like business owners are the only job creators. Why do Cons worship them like they are God himself?
It's kind of how liberals worship unemployment. They know it gets them votes.

Old 04-19-2017, 05:37 PM

29,226 posts, read 22,449,924 times
Mostly because they tried everything else first.
They fired their RINOs and replaced them with teabaggers, and nothing changed. So they fired some of the teabaggers and replaced them, and that changed nothing either. And then Romney lost.

The only thing that hadn't been tried yet was a total outsider. Trump was that guy, and was the only one with no political background.

And now, nothing is changing. The conservative problems are far deeper than they realize, and the things they want can't be achieved. Trump promised the moon, but he can't deliver anything but a reflection of it in a mud puddle.

Old 04-19-2017, 05:43 PM

30,371 posts, read 23,836,139 times
Quote:

Considering 99% of the businesses out there are small businesses, a businessman has a lot to lose if he's corrupt. Even in the larger businesses, the CEO, or any other businessman there, has a lot to lose if they are corrupt.

What we have seen over however many decades you all have been alive, is that politicians get paid and keep getting put in to positions of power no matter how corrupt they are...with a few exceptions like deBlasio.

Old 04-19-2017, 05:46 PM

10,023 posts, read 5,733,498 times
Quote:
Why do Cons believe politicians are more corrupt than business men?
Why do people start stupid threads with stupid premises?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies