Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 08:32 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
CNN has a field trip about the Fox News new line up due to the latest firing.
CNN seems to forget that Trump supporters dropped Megan Kelly as a rock.

Trump supporters don't care about a host but what is said and what they bring across.

CNN spears so many lies that many voters already turned away from CNN to watch Amazon or Netflix.

CNN is not gaining anything as their hatred against Republicans doesn't win any viewers.
Where did they go, Disneyland?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 08:34 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,563,867 times
CNN should realize that Trump voters could care less about sexual harassment. Many of them likely support it. How else could you explain their total unquestioned allegiance to Trump and Fox News, two entities long associated with sexual harassment. It also makes sense as to why Trump and Fox News seem to like each other so much. Peas of the same pod.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:40 AM

8,633 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
CNN should realize that Trump voters could care less about sexual harassment. Many of them likely support it. How else could you explain their total unquestioned allegiance to Trump and Fox News, two entities long associated with sexual harassment. It also makes sense as to why Trump and Fox News seem to like each other so much. Peas of the same pod.
That's such an uncalled-for, nasty innuendo and faulty assumption, but perhaps this isn't the first time someone has told you that. Furthermore, just because someone is not a liberal or CNN booster doesn't automatically equate them to having unquestioned allegiance to Trump or another news network.

Old 04-20-2017, 09:06 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Like typical D voters who didn't care about Bill Clinton's political career of horn dog escapades, right?

Old 04-20-2017, 09:16 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theluckygal View Post
I am a Trump supporter & I gave up watching cable news channels after the elections. Their narrative is one-sided so I don't trust cnn or fox or any other network. They are no longer a neutral, reliable source of news as they are struggling to survive in a heavy competition from social media where people like me have a voice. Like a failing corporation, they sold themselves out to the highest bidder & now, pushing the partial narrative of their employer. I rely on independent, public forums like these for opinions from real people. I dont care what out of touch, overpaid 'experts', celebrities or past-their-glory shows like SNL have to say about politics & my middle class issues. They dont get me & vice versa.

These forums are also being infiltrated by paid trolls so eventually we will lose this platform as well. But there are always ways to reach to your neighbors & community to talk about their issues in person.
You mean people still know how to converse with each other? Maybe older people do but the younger generation, not so much unless it's screaming,crying or holding some pre-made sign.

I also find it funny how the MSM is absolutely gloating on their news shows this morning, running the story as a headline news report solemnly repeated (with obviously suppressed grins) every 15 minutes or so...
Maybe they hope that viewers might,maybe or hopefully return to their nightly spews programs?

Old 04-20-2017, 09:19 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
I dont get why CNN is hard pressed to cover the story either. Like, who cares, people still think CNN is a bunch of monkey feces.
They think their ratings might improve.

Old 04-20-2017, 09:24 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
Slow news day? With so much disarray currently happening in the world, I doubt that.
So what should they have covered? What was your choice for biggest story?

Old 04-20-2017, 09:26 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,955,882 times
I never liked OReilly, to begin with.

Old 04-20-2017, 09:41 AM

8,633 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So what should they have covered? What was your choice for biggest story?
Do I have to choose?

Iran, Syria, North Korea, Venezuela, MS-13, healthcare, possible Supreme Court vacancy, Ed Murray sexual abuse allegations, etc...

Old 04-20-2017, 10:15 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
CNN has a field trip about the Fox News new line up due to the latest firing.
CNN seems to forget that Trump supporters dropped Megan Kelly as a rock.

Trump supporters don't care about a host but what is said and what they bring across.

CNN spears so many lies that many voters already turned away from CNN to watch Amazon or Netflix.

CNN is not gaining anything as their hatred against Republicans doesn't win any viewers.

The story is about O'Reilly a serial assaulter getting kicked and it is about some limited justice for the women involved. your trump supporters are far down the list of things people care about relative to this story. the hubris to think this has anything to do with trumpers is rather odd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies