Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 01:41 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,652,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Why doesn't she give her nasty bombastic speeches in places where she is welcomed? Guess there aren't a whole lot of those?

Geez--really--who gives a crap about this woman? She just shoots off her mouth and contributes nothing to society. Stop making such a big deal out of it--in the big picture, she's insignificant.
Liberal here. And I disagree with everything you just said. She should have a right to free speech. And the crap that she or someone like Milo says isn't even that bad. It's not like they're going around calling black people the N word and doing hitler salutes.

If you don't give a crap about her, why even bother posting about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 01:43 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,151,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
EXACTLY. and really, does ANYONE want to hear what she has to say?
I'm a solid liberal, and I disagree with her on almost everything.

But that makes me want to hear her opinions and explanations even more. Maybe there's a logical reason for some of her beliefs that I didn't realize or take into account from my point of view. I've read a few of her books, and though she's clearly not a charm school graduate, she does get ya thinkin, and won me over on a few issues.

Why do people want to impose censorship on themselves?

Old 04-26-2017, 01:45 PM

234 posts, read 122,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
People who listen to her propaganda are not thinking for themselves. They are simply angry snowflakes.
Everyone should have the right to decide for themselves,not how the left operates though,they use terrorist tactics to shut down anyone they disagree with. The time to get violently rough with these scum is WAY past due.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:46 PM

12,393 posts, read 8,173,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
She got her headlines. That's what she was after. There is no story here.
There is a huge story here. In my lifetime we have shifted from police protecting Nazis who marched through a heavily Jewish community to refusing to protect speakers on our colleges

Old 04-26-2017, 01:49 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,450,103 times
It was a publicity stunt. She got exactly what she wanted. She could have chosen literally any other venue but she chose the one that would **** the most people off.

Just like I wouldn't go in a public square in a small town in Middle America to spout about gay rights. If they pelt me with cow manure it's my fault for that choice equally as it is theirs. A warm reception is not a Constitutionally-protected right in this country.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:54 PM

30,282 posts, read 23,772,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Liberal here. And I disagree with everything you just said. She should have a right to free speech. And the crap that she or someone like Milo says isn't even that bad. It's not like they're going around calling black people the N word and doing hitler salutes.

If you don't give a crap about her, why even bother posting about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post

But that makes me want to hear her opinions and explanations even more. Maybe there's a logical reason for some of her beliefs that I didn't realize or take into account from my point of view. I've read a few of her books, and though she's clearly not a charm school graduate, she does get ya thinkin, and won me over on a few issues.

Can we please have more liberals like this?

You don't have to agree with "the other side", you don't have to like what someone is saying, but you understand that everyone has the right to express it?

This is what we need, not those who think antifa stunts are "good", or that blocking someone from speaking is "good". That's not liberalism, that's fascism.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:56 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,267,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
EXACTLY. and really, does ANYONE want to hear what she has to say?
A lot of people do. She built herself a profitable niche. Have to give her credit for that. Now she will get a ton of television invites that pay much better.

Old 04-26-2017, 01:59 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,267,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
There is a huge story here. In my lifetime we have shifted from police protecting Nazis who marched through a heavily Jewish community to refusing to protect speakers on our colleges
I think you are going a bit overboard. The college has it's own security at that.

Old 04-26-2017, 02:00 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,533,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post

I wholly support free speech. That said, I don't listen to those who spout hate and negativity. There is no merit to it. If you found her arguments persuasive, so be it. I occasionally listen to those I disagree with, e.g., Limbaugh, Hannity, Trump, just to be aware of what propaganda they are pushing. I can listen for so long and then, enough is enough. Life is too short. But someone like Coulter who is IMO a hater, is not how I want to spend a morning. If others do, have at it.

Old 04-26-2017, 02:07 PM

6,753 posts, read 3,376,739 times
The liberal facist cretins have once again stifled free speech. Welcome to the new America where common decency has been left on the dust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies