Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2017, 01:12 PM

8,090 posts, read 6,991,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hibiscusharry View Post
Just remember , not one person was jailed under the Obama Administration as a result of the financial calamity that was thrust upon this nation by those who embraced an all reward , no risk scenario. Contrast that with over 800 people ending up in jail under the Reagan Administration during the Savings and Loans crisis. Im sure its just a coincidence that Government Sachs was by far his largest campaign contributor AS WELL.
Was there a comfortable level of fraud in the most recent financial crisis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 01:29 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,860,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
In fact here is some data for people. Since 2009 George W bush has given more then 200 speeches, pocketing 100K-175K per appearance. No one on the Democratic side has really cared. Obama gives a speech, and everyone freaks out. Do you see the hypocrisy yet?
I agree with the blue.

I honestly don't understand why these conservatives still are obsessing about Obama.

All ex-presidents get paid to speak. Some more than others. I don't care what people pay them to make a speech. I wish they'd pay me.

On the Obama banking stuff and jail. Honestly that and the drone killings were/are my biggest issues with Obama. I do feel he should have gone after the banks and individuals who caused our financial collaspe along with putting in place protections (that Trump is now chipping away). People go to prison for less chaos than what these people willingly caused and they deserved prison time IMO and I do feel that there was some sort of payola going on to keep them out of prison.

Regardless, you conservatives need to stop paying so much attention to Obama. It is pretty sick and seems like you all cannot function without ragging on him. You have the presidency and both houses and the judicial soon, what the heck are you complaining about!!! Not all Americans hate Obama like you do, nor are we obsessed with him. He's a private citizen now and you shouldn't be paying attention to him like you are. Liberals/Democrats did not pay attention to what GW Bush did after he left office. They were glad he was gone. You should be glad Obama is gone and not care what he is doing.

Old 04-28-2017, 02:26 PM

27,239 posts, read 15,415,036 times
Dems just eat that Wall St. money up as if they were Pacman.

Old 04-28-2017, 02:32 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,435,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Dems just eat that Wall St. money up as if they were Pacman.
I feel like I should make this a macro:
Since 2009 George W bush has given more then 200 speeches, pocketing 100K-175K per appearance.

Other past Republican and Democrat presidents have similar numbers. Hypocrisy.

Old 04-28-2017, 02:37 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,246,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
LOL. Few folks I would rather pay to listen to. So glad he's enjoying his profiting in 2017��
"I do think at some point, you've made enough money."

- Barack Obama, April, 2010

At what point will Obama decide he's made enough money...

Old 04-28-2017, 02:38 PM

20,224 posts, read 9,137,135 times
how else would you expect him to make a living other than sucking the nectar of Wall Street

Old 04-28-2017, 02:40 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,736,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
how else would you expect him to make a living other than sucking the nectar of Wall Street

He could dabble in real estate and not pay any of his contractors and then file bankruptcy and walk off with all the money.

Old 04-28-2017, 02:40 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,435,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
"I do think at some point, you've made enough money."

- Barack Obama, April, 2010

At what point will Obama decide he's made enough money...
Most folks put it in the tens to hundreds of millions. Some like me, put it closer to 1-2 million...

Old 04-28-2017, 02:46 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,973,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I feel like I should make this a macro:
Since 2009 George W bush has given more then 200 speeches, pocketing 100K-175K per appearance.

Other past Republican and Democrat presidents have similar numbers. Hypocrisy.
The difference President Bush wasn't blaming Wall Street Fat Cats throughout his whole term as President.

Obama’s hypocrisy: He said blame Wall Street, not food stamps
“Food stamp recipients didn’t cause the financial crisis; recklessness on Wall Street did,” Obama declared in his final State of the Union address.

There is a problem with this, however: Obama cut food stamps and bailed out Wall Street, punishing none of the people he readily admits caused the crisis. In February 2014, Obama signed a bill that would cut food stamps by $8.7 billion over the next 10 years. The legislation was estimated to cause 850,000 households to lose an average of $90 per month, while poverty and hunger are on the rise — even though they are already at disproportionately high levels compared to other OECD countries.

The cut was part of the omnibus 2014 Farm Bill. Just before signing legislation that reduced social services for the poor, MSNBC reported that “President Obama praised it as an example of bipartisan problem-solving that would help create jobs and move the American economy forward.”

So much for the left taking care of the poor people......just pawns in the game of politics. While the left blamed Christians for these cuts!

Old 04-28-2017, 02:47 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,647,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Why is he disgraced?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies