Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 10:19 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
IVANKA

What is this nonsense where she's meeting with foreign leaders and saying we need to take in more Syrian refugees? Regardless of whether stuff she says influences her dad, I don't want her representing us on the world stage. I voted for Trump to put America first.
Konald, i have made plenty of poor choices in my life. Trump played on people's emotions and to be fair he talks a good game. So dont feel like you made a mistake, to a large degree you did not. Trump lied , and likely some of his lies hit home to you and got your vote.

as to refugees you need to put on your critical thinking cap.

we hand pick our refugees, no other nations gets to do this like we do. We literally look at the camps, pick the people with easy to vet profiles. Ie documents, verifiable histories etc. then we review review review. In the end wepick families with strong records we can research. Our people conduct various interviews and confirm they are who they say they are. It can take years to get from being picked (they can't request the USA they get told what country they get) to arriving here. Years.

We have not a single case of a REFUGEE committing a terrorist act on US soil. Shocking hey?

I think this is important to talk about because millions of americans mistakenly think refugees get to pick where they go. They don't. and i think the myth that we cannot verify who they are needs to be knocked on the head, we can because go through the files and only review cases we LIKE.

not all nations get to handle it this way.
Germany /EU has to take whatever arrives on their shores, we simply don't have that issue at all. They have never, (not in many decades) been allowed to get on the planes nevermind get through our immigration control at the airports. so when you see stories of bad actor refugees in the EU or middle east, we are not comparing apples to apples. All of our refugees are cherry picked by professional vetting staff that want to find good people .

i applaud you for being honest, even if i disagree with "america first".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 10:21 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Let's face it, at the end of the day, it is all about economy and consumer confidence.

If we have a strong economy, we have a successful president. Let's see if he really is the Job president he promised to be.

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
Interesting perspective on this from her new clientele.

Ivanka Trump Brand: Business Sales Increase Thanks to China | Money

I love the part where they said some believe she is running the country.

8,382 posts, read 4,369,703 times
I'm afraid its too late. Your vote helped put the idiot in office.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:25 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,917,376 times
It was him or Hillary. I've been disappointed by his Presidency so far too, but he's still the better choice.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:28 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
IVANKA

What is this nonsense where she's meeting with foreign leaders and saying we need to take in more Syrian refugees? Regardless of whether stuff she says influences her dad, I don't want her representing us on the world stage. I voted for Trump to put America first.
What you say doesn't make sense if you think it out. If Trump lost your vote, then in essence you are supporting the other party, which will definitely be pro-Syrian refugee, the one thing you are against.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:36 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Thanks for your honesty in posting.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:36 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
I really do not see much difference between a 1st daughter having a meaty role in the White House versus the 1st lady.

I looked at it as the next 4 years were gonna suck regardless if it was Trump or Hillary but the USSC picks could be for 30 years or more. There Trump wins hands down.

Old 04-28-2017, 10:37 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I really do not see much difference between a 1st daughter having a meaty role in the White House versus the 1st lady.
Which First Lady sat in on meetings with foreign leaders?

Old 04-28-2017, 10:38 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,786,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Hahaha.

What are you talking about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies