Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 02:51 PM
NCN

21,667 posts, read 25,680,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Really? Seems more like they have been doing their job of enforcing the constitution.

Maybe if you read their orders you might comprehend that. But you don't get your facts from reality, you get them from entertainment sources.
Where in the constitution does it say that it is O. K. to act against American laws? Sanctuary cities are protecting criminals. No way would our constitution EVER uphold that.

Once again my answer is general because reading through this thread it sounds like many cases are being discussed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2017, 02:54 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,245,311 times
In related news: Robert Reich Still Totally Irrelevant

Old 04-28-2017, 02:55 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,245,311 times
Quote:
Really? Seems more like they have been doing their job of enforcing the constitution.

Maybe if you read their orders you might comprehend that. But you don't get your facts from reality, you get them from entertainment sources.

LOL! That's hilarious! Since when have Progressive kooks ever been interested in enforcing the Constitution?

Old 04-28-2017, 02:56 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,359,025 times
Quote:

If they had been "enforcing the Constitution" they would have to have ruled in favor of Trump!

No, I don't get my facts from "entertainment sources." I get my facts from the relevant law, the Constitution, and from attorneys and Constitutional lawyers (who are Supreme Court Litigators) who have written articles on this case and explained why these judges are in error and why they are acting beyond the limits of their authority.

It seems you have never read the law (it is unambiguously clear). I quoted the law several times in past posts.

There are clear grounds for removing these judges from office for ethics violations, and for acting beyond their authority. Judges are not supposed to be motivated by politics, but are to look at the law and rule accordingly, regardless of their personal politics and biases.

Old 04-28-2017, 03:03 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,430,984 times
Go read the decisions, and stop displaying your ignorance folks. The rulings have a basis in the law, and the constitution.

You cannot withhold money from a state for not enforcing a federal law unless its VERY clearly related, and in a new law passed by congress.

you cannot block immigration on the basis of religion.

Old 04-28-2017, 03:09 PM

20,213 posts, read 9,125,717 times
I thought that little midget Reich ran away and joined the circus.

Old 04-28-2017, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
seems clear to me you are banking on nobody here understanding the process and are trying to pretend you are an authority on the subject.

NO judgment has been passed on anything but a stay. and the bar has been met, so tough.
the 9th did what any district can do, they saw harm and likelihood of success, and put a stay in place. THAT is the bar, not your nonsense. Ultimately Trump may even prevail, but the 9th is totally legit and the vast majority of its rulings do not get pushed up as you likely know.
Trump can have his day just like anyone else until that point you will to sit on your hands and wait, and who knows maybe SCOTUS will even accept the case and maybe Trump would win.... But we wont know until they rule.
LOL!!! Is that because YOU don't understand the "process?"

It would seem (because I have actually read the law, and the Constitution, and I have taken a Constitution course) that I am better informed than most of the Leftists (if not all) who have been making their absurd assumptions and comments on this case. Most don't even understand the limits of the power of the Judiciary, which the founders intentionally made the weakest of the three branches of government. They did this because they feared the rule of judges.

The Ninth Circuit went beyond their authority. That is plainly clear. They have no power to rule on immigration policy. That is, by law and the Constitution, a power that belongs solely to the President. They made no ruling on the law. They ruled based on their opinion of Trump's motivations (which itself is unethical) and not the content of the Order, which was completely in accordance with the Constitution and the authority of the President.

There was no "harm" and there can be no "harm" to someone who is not even yet an immigrant. This has also been covered by other qualified attorneys who have commented on this illegal ruling.

Now why don't you, before you make further comment, do some homework. Read the relevant law that gives the President the authority to issue such a 'travel ban' and read about why these judges have illegally usurped his authority, and why they have stepped outside of the authority granted to them in making their unethical and illegal ruling? There are clear grounds for removing them from office.

Old 04-28-2017, 03:16 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,430,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
LOL!!! Is that because YOU don't understand the "process?"

It would seem (because I have actually read the law, and the Constitution, and I have taken a Constitution course) that I am better informed than most of the Leftists (if not all) who have been making their absurd assumptions and comments on this case. Most don't even understand the limits of the power of the Judiciary, which the founders intentionally made the weakest of the three branches of government. They did this because they feared the rule of judges.

The Ninth Circuit went beyond their authority. That is plainly clear. They have no power to rule on immigration policy. That is, by law and the Constitution, a power that belongs solely to the President. They made no ruling on the law. They ruled based on their opinion of Trump's motivations (which itself is unethical) and not the content of the Order, which was completely in accordance with the Constitution and the authority of the President.

There was no "harm" and there can be no "harm" to someone who is not even yet an immigrant. This has also been covered by other qualified attorneys who have commented on this illegal ruling.

Now why don't you, before you make further comment, do some homework. Read the relevant law that gives the President the authority to issue such a 'travel ban' and read about why these judges have illegally usurped his authority, and why they have stepped outside of the authority granted to them in making their unethical and illegal ruling? There are clear grounds for removing them from office.
I love how you say you have studied the law, then make a nonsense claim like there are clear ground to remove them from office.

What EXACTLY are those grounds? Ruling against someone and backing it up with cited law?

You clearly did not do well in your studying. And the judiciary is a CO EQUAL branch, not the weakest. Heck thats high school classes.

Yes the president has the authority to do something....that doesnt mean thats not limited by other laws in the constitution. Like oh say...freedom of religion.

Old 04-28-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Go read the decisions, and stop displaying your ignorance folks. The rulings have a basis in the law, and the constitution.

You cannot withhold money from a state for not enforcing a federal law unless its VERY clearly related, and in a new law passed by congress.

you cannot block immigration on the basis of religion.
How do you know the rulings have a basis in law and the Constitution when you are familiar with neither? The fact is, they don't.

Nobody was blocking immigration on the basis of religion. That is a claim that some have made but it has no basis in fact.

Old 04-28-2017, 03:22 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,139,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Robert Reich explains how an assault on the federal judiciary is an abuse of the president's constitutional authority:

One way dictators take over democracies is by threatening the independence of a nation’s courts. Donald Trump is doing just this.

Connect the following dots:

1. In January, Trump blasted a federal judge for staying his travel ban. “The opinion of this so-called judge, which essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, is ridiculous and will be overturned!” he tweeted.

2. In February, after the judge made the stay permanent, Trump issued a veiled threat: “Just cannot believe a judge would put our country in such peril. If something happens blame him and court system. People pouring in. Bad!”

MORE
Robert Reich: Trump's Latest Tweetstorm Is Grounds for Impeachment | Alternet
Robert Reicccchhhhh is a moron from the Clinton era. A has been. Why does the OP think his is a valid opinion ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies