Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 11:31 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I can't fully get behind something I have not experienced or witnessed.
what you just typed is an honest response and I thank you for that.

But sadly, i think your response is the problem with the country, a lack of empathy. " I dont see racism/sexism/homophobia in my life, so I cant get behind a notion that it exist/needs to be curved.

While what you said may be indicative of your life, it isnt of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2017, 11:35 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
what you just typed is an honest response and I thank you for that.

But sadly, i think your response is the problem with the country, a lack of empathy. " I dont see racism/sexism/homophobia in my life, so I cant get behind a notion that it exist/needs to be curved.

While what you said may be indicative of your life, it isnt of others.
Nor are your experiences indicative of my life but you pull out all the tactics to short me up. Name calling, assumptions about me that aren't true, support a government that forced me to buy something that doesn't fit my needs. Do you have empathy for Obama's and Democrats policies hurting my family? Of course you don't.

You want what you want, and that's what YOU want no matter who it hurts. You think that the people who they hurt should just shut the F up! I have every right to speak out and just like you, I won't shut up.

You ignored us so we spoke with my vote.

You should have listened when we told you that Obamacare didn't work, and that's just one thing

Old 04-29-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Big picture. Do I support things like the pre existing condition requirements? I do but in the big picture it has done far more harm than the little good it did. It is directly responsible for the large losses the (D)'s have experienced and started the ball rolling to a Trump presidency.
But isnt that a perception argument ?

What is that FDR quote, something about Poor people being fooled into subsidizing rich people if they think it makes them morally superior

CNN just spent a week in West Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. I saw like 12 people make a similar comment about health care.

" I make 14,000 dollar a year, i pay 50 dollars a month for health care, before this I was paying 500, but I felt guilty my Boss, who owns 3 factories, pays 700 a month. "

You are arguing Democrats lost seats for doing the right thing. Morally, im 100% fine with that. In my political travels, I have met 2 Democrats who were willing to lose their seats to do the right thing, and I think they are the 2 most honorable people I have ever met.

And further more, You do realize, some of the things you support would cost some Democrats there seats ? Imagine of Claire McCaskill voted the way you would want her to vote.

Quote:
The OP is no Libertarian.
The OP claims to follow the mantra of classical liberalism, which by her own stances, makes her a (small L) libertarian.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:

" I make 14,000 dollar a year.

You are arguing Democrats lost seats for doing the right thing. Morally, im 100% fine with that. In my political travels, I have met 2 Democrats who were willing to lose their seats to do the right thing, and I think they are the 2 most honorable people I have ever met.
Wow, legal theft is morally right? Wow $14k a year... goes to show you...which one do you fit in? There are 2 types of people who support today's modern liberalism (aka Democrats)

- Uber rich people who think they know what's best for everyone else (elitist)
- People who support taking from others to give to them (the poor).

Old 04-29-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Nor are your experiences indicative of my life but you pull out all the tactics to short me up. Name calling, assumptions about me that aren't true,
I dont name call, if you would like to provide an example of me doing so, i would be happy to discuss it.

Quote:
support a government that forced me to buy something that doesn't fit my needs. Do you have empathy for Obama's and Democrats policies hurting my family? Of course you don't.
In my state, you can not get a tag for your car until you provide evidence of car insurance, which can be far more expensive than health insurance, and something you are far less likely to need. My state had been governed by Conservatives since forever.

The logic that it is Democratic policies that do these things, is small sighted.

Your logic is that Obama and D policies hurt you, may I ask, what State you live in ?

Quote:
You want what you want, and that's what YOU want no matter who it hurts. You think that the people who they hurt should just shut the F up! I have every right to speak out and just like you, I won't shut up.

You ignored us so we spoke with my vote.

You should have listened when we told you that Obamacare didn't work, and that's just one thing
But you are contradicting yourself. You support Classical liberal ideas. That would indeed hurt more people than it would help. Even people who are in front of that political movement admit that, they support their argument by simply saying maximum ability to be free trumps all else.

As for your claim that I dont care about you or who a policy hurts, that is completely untrue. Lets remember, Obamacare was never fully implemented. Republicans fully understood that undermining the law would facilitate a collapse and they did just that.

Even you should be able to admit that if you only put 3 tires on a car, it wouldnt function right on the road.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
" I make 14,000 dollar a year, i pay 50 dollars a month for health care, before this I was paying 500, but I felt guilty my Boss, who owns 3 factories, pays 700 a month. "
The poor hope politicians will legislate their prosperity while the rich can get around the laws and the middle class takes the financial hit. It's easy to be compassionate if you don't pay the bill or if you think you'll get a piece of that compassion.

You need to comprehend. I didn't say what I follow but did later say that Democrats and the Obama administration pushed me right.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:51 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,286,862 times
Quote:
I can't fully get behind something I have not experienced or witnessed.

You dont witness it much anymore because liberalism largely did away with it at most levels.

You dont see child labor much anymore for the same reason. Or overt discrimination against black people.

Liberalism works itself out of business as it solves issues. The main problem for liberalism today is that it has won enough big battles that it has to seek out the silly ones now, like the trans issues. Much of liberalism today is a solution in search of a problem to fix. But this is due to their overwhelming victories over conservatism in the past.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Wow, legal theft is morally right? Wow $14k a year... goes to show you...which one do you fit in? There are 2 types of people who support today's modern liberalism (aka Democrats)

- Uber rich people who think they know what's best for everyone else (elitist)
- People who support taking from others to give to them (the poor).
Taxation is theft does not work in the framework of our constitution, only in the ideological and philosophical perspective.

We have always used tax dollars to help the least among us. If you believe that money should be from private donations, good for you. Doesnt change that we have always done it.

Old 04-29-2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
But you are contradicting yourself. You support Classical liberal ideas. That would indeed hurt more people than it would help. Even people who are in front of that political movement admit that, they support their argument by simply saying maximum ability to be free trumps all else.

As for your claim that I dont care about you or who a policy hurts, that is completely untrue. Lets remember, Obamacare was never fully implemented. Republicans fully understood that undermining the law would facilitate a collapse and they did just that.

Even you should be able to admit that if you only put 3 tires on a car, it wouldnt function right on the road.
LOL, I'm paying over $900 a month for health insurance, others are paying more and you said Obamacare is not fully implemented? So if it doesn't work you want more of it? LOL oh crap no!

Old 04-29-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Taxation is theft does not work in the framework of our constitution, only in the ideological and philosophical perspective.

We have always used tax dollars to help the least among us. If you believe that money should be from private donations, good for you. Doesnt change that we have always done it.
We need taxation but as we "should" know, those in power get greedy. What makes you think government is innocent of greed? What a naive view you have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies