Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 09:28 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times

Advertisements

Yeah do the "good rebels" wear a special armband or something?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2017, 09:34 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
I remember Trump saying something about kicking the crap out of ISIS. Right after he said something about repealing Obamacare and building a wall.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:01 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
This is new, now we have more, it's escalating, many new videos today/yesterday of US military vehicles with US flags moving into the Kurdish corridor.
We might end up with more but it is not new.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:03 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
There are no "good rebels" in the region. I'd be surprised if there were any good anybodies at all. Out, out, out! Out of that region! And stop making deals with the devil(s) over there. It's not our concern, and we have no business playing daddy.
Even if there is a "good" side, we have no clue who is who.

Old 04-29-2017, 10:14 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,472,599 times

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TE-soqLUK7g'

In a NUTshell.

Old 04-30-2017, 12:37 AM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
US deploys troops to Syria - boots on the ground. US troops have moved in from Iraq to the northern border with Turkey - to protect Kurdish-Muslims from Turkish-Muslims and ISIS-Muslims. The right denounced Obama when he wanted to fund/help the "good rebels" - but now supports this.

US deploys troops to stop fighting in Syria - between two of its allies | The Independent

US troops patrolling through Rojava-Turkey (Northkurdistan) border to stop terrorist turkey/erdogan´s attacks on YPG - video

US Military Presence In Qamishly - video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bFPfVyhy5w

I think the Right was tires of seeing arms go to the "bad rebels" under Obama.

Old 04-30-2017, 01:14 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Obama said 16 times that he would not send boots on the ground into Syria and did. Could you or the OP show me a link to a post where either of you criticized Obama for this hypocrisy?

P.S. I oppose this move by Trump, I just think it is fair to point out the hypocrisy of Obama followers.
Under Obama a small number Special Operation forces were sent to Syria. So, yes, this was a broken promise, but IIRC in 2014 we sent about 50 troops. OTOH I've read that McMaster is considering sending 50,000.

It's hard to know what to believe any more.

Old 04-30-2017, 01:28 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Did you support helping the "good rebels" in Iraq & Libya too? You're not naive enough to actually believe there are "good rebels"? Assad is a moderate, secular ruler by Middle Eastern standards. The "good rebels" are radicalized & want Assad out for letting women read books, drive cars & hold jobs. Just like in Iraq & Libya. Make no mistake about it, we're in Syria because Assad rejected US big oil/Saudi/Qatar's plan to build an oil/gas pipeline through Syria into Turkey so they could sell oil to Europe & make a fortune. This has nothing to do with how Assad treats his people.

Obama sent in Special Forces & they drove combat vehicles. Initially they claimed they were just there to assist the "rebels". Then when Obama sent in more, their mission expanded to intelligence gathering, patrols & building bases for future troop deployments. If you couldn't see what was happening it's because you were determined not to see it.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Obama said 16 times that he would not send boots on the ground into Syria and did. Could you or the OP show me a link to a post where either of you criticized Obama for this hypocrisy?

P.S. I oppose this move by Trump, I just think it is fair to point out the hypocrisy of Obama followers.
This (I want to see those posts, too. Libs always say that they "opposed" Obama, but never offer up any evidence that they did.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I remember Trump saying something about kicking the crap out of ISIS. Right after he said something about repealing Obamacare and building a wall.
Yep. Repeatedly. He said it so many times. How do you kick the sh out of ISIS if you don't do anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
But, of course, it's escalating. Syria was supposed to be subdued years ago, with the rest of the overthrown governments during Arab Spring. You're way behind on the time-table.
And this.

So, libs, now what? You all crack me up with your hypocritical outrage.

Old 04-30-2017, 02:34 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
So, libs, now what? You all crack me up with your hypocritical outrage.
So now we watch Trump do the same thing but at far higher levels, and listen to the crickets....oh wait...no, not crickets. We listen to people defend him doing it despite him stating over and over he would not do that.

If the libs are hypocritical about it when it was done at much lower levels by not saying anything, what are the republicans who are watching it being done at far higher levels, with someone who said he would not do this, and then proceed to defend the guy who lied to them?

And get this, some of us weren't fond of it. We didn't say much because we couldn't defend it, in ANY way...But more importantly...we didn't have enough information to know what the troop levels were, or their involvement. And the lack of large causalities implied it was minor.... So what are the Republicans?

They are the real hypocrites in the room. They're the ones saying "But Clinton, or But Obama". They're the ones defending being lied to and misled.

Old 04-30-2017, 06:00 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
They are the real hypocrites in the room. They're the ones saying "But Clinton, or But Obama". They're the ones defending being lied to and misled.
Post a link from you criticizing Obama for lying about Syria.

If not, then you are the real hypocrite.

I oppose Trump acting like Obama. I oppose striking countries that don't pose an immediate threat to the US without congress. I oppose escalating things further in Syria.

So many Obamabots implied that opposition to Obama came from race...apparently the left's immediate reversal on so many things implies that they were projecting racism. They were only fine with bad policies, because it was Obama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I think the Right was tires of seeing arms go to the "bad rebels" under Obama.
Yes.

Obama, the foreign policy genius, looked at the Middle East and said let's create more power-vacuums and dump more free weapons everywhere.

Obama has armed ISIS, Al Qaeda, Hezbollah, etc...

Last edited by michiganmoon; 04-30-2017 at 06:12 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies