Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 08:47 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

This is one thing that Trump admires, people who bully their way into power and have total disregard for the people they are supposed to lead. Let's look at the people he has either met with or publicly praised:

General Al Sisi of Egypt, who deposed an unpopular but democratically elected President.

President Dutarte of the Philippines, who brags about using vigilantes and having people killed for dealing drugs.

Vladimir Putin, a murderous thug who we all know about.

President Erdogan of Turkey, who recently consolidated his power in a "referendum" vote that many say was rigged and has had thousands of people arrested without trial.

And today he says he would be "honored" to meet with one of the most brutal people on the planet, Kim Jong Un of North Korea, who he says is "one smart cookie".

Now you can see why he calls the press "Fake news", he is very upset that he has to suffer the indignity of being called out for his ignorance by them, whereas these other leaders can have the press arrested or murdered.

What a dandy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2017, 09:08 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
IMO he envies them. He seems to genuinely admire dictators while complaining about the limitations of the Constitution. His admiration of Duterte has been going on for a while. I don't think there's anything he could do that would concern his supporters though. We're in a strange time in history where half the country is saying "What is happening here?!" and the other half is saying "We don't care".

Old 05-01-2017, 09:11 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
I'd bet the OP voted for Hillary while Russia and Saudi Arabia funneled money her way.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:14 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'd bet the OP voted for Hillary while Russia and Saudi Arabia funneled money her way.

And that has to do what with regard to the subject we are discussing ? (Oh, yeah, I forgot, deflect, deflect , deflect.)

Old 05-01-2017, 09:15 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
probably aso voted for obama nd bill clinton when china was funneling money their way.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:16 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
I had no choice to vote for Hillary, as there were no credible third party candidates. I can't stand her and I think Democrats are weak and pathetic on many levels.

However, they are not dangerous like this man and the people who surround him are. And Democrats will not take us backwards like Republicans will. It really was a no brainer.

None of which has anything to do with the topic, of course.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:18 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
I get where you are goiing but if we stay on point...if we stay on topic.....

Without trying to compare Trump to anyone else -- are none of you who voted for him a little uncomfortable with his naive adoration of leaders that control their destiny by killing people and locking them up?

Old 05-01-2017, 09:18 PM

928 posts, read 1,101,576 times
Quote:
Are all of you Repubs on bathsalts? I Swear to god, I've never encountered so many brain damaged people in my life.

Old 05-01-2017, 09:19 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
This is who Trump is so admiring of:

"The lawyer, Jude Josue Sabio, said in a 77-page complaint that Mr. Duterte was the “mastermind” of a campaign that has killed more than 9,400 people, mostly poor young men, since 1988, when Mr. Duterte was first elected mayor of Davao City in the southern Philippines.

“The situation in the Philippines reveals a terrifying, gruesome and disastrous continuing commission of extrajudicial executions or mass murder from the time President Duterte was the mayor of Davao City,” the complaint says."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/24/w...complaint.html

Duterte tells police to kill suspects. It's like open season in the Philippines.

https://news.vice.com/story/presiden...y-at-golf-club

Old 05-01-2017, 09:21 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I get where you are goiing but if we stay on point...if we stay on topic.....

Without trying to compare Trump to anyone else -- are none of you who voted for him a little uncomfortable with his naive adoration of leaders that control their destiny by killing people and locking them up?
He's not as bad as the SJWs and their Che shirts.

BTW, I didn't vote for Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies