Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-03-2017, 12:52 PM

88,623 posts, read 84,875,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
This is why I think someone felt it was necessary to point out Obama's past relationships, and bring up race. It was all about race.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
yep
Yep yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 12:53 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The idea that President Obama passed as something other than African-American at some point in his is beyond ridiculous. Google Obama images and see for yourself.

Maybe the most gullible among us believe this, but some people are willing to believe anything. You know how it is.

Look at those photos. Come on.

Believe me...I see right through it.

Old 05-03-2017, 12:54 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,625,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Many have long known that Barrack Obama, as a young man, was not really even considered black, and decided in the late '80s to affect an African American identity in order to pursue a political career, but we are just now learning some of the details of his transformation. In 1987, Obama, already living in Chicago and attending the Rev. Wright's church, was in a long term relationship with a part-Japanese white woman, Sheila Miyoshi Jager, he had asked to marry him.

And...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.bacc550da9b5

The Asia-Pacific Journal: Japan Focus
Can you verify she has a legitimate birth certificate stating she was born here? I am pretty certain that matters.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:41 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Funny thread.

Glad he dumped her for Michelle lol.

FWIW, I know many black men who dated non-black women when they were younger and ended up marrying a black woman who didn't become president.

Not sure the point of the thread. Seems the OP may be upset that he chose a black woman and that he found strength in black communities and black American culture, something he had not had an in depth experience with prior to moving to Chicago.

Us black people are wonderful people. All the black people I know in Chicago are wonderful people and they have very deep, involved, in depth, beautiful history and legacy in Chicagoland and I can truly understand that the young Obama, not being immersed in his "black" side would be comforted and strengthened by a community and family (of Michelle) that embraced him in that city.

Contrary to what many of you non-black people believe, being black and being immersed in black culture is a wonderful thing and it is something that many black people treasure. I know a lot of "mixed" people who went to my HBCU and who became "aware" of "what it means to be black" and they love their people and their culture and IMO Obama's story is similar.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:50 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Will also add that per the OP link this woman declined to marry Obama....

Since she rejected him, he may have rejected her in his mind. Not sure how the OP thinks Obama doesn't love Michelle or that it was a farce. This is like some high school gossip lol.

If you want to see a couple not in love, unfortunately, you can look at our current first family. There is a marked difference between the way Obama treated and seemingly adored Michelle versus Trump and Melania (who I feel sorry for as he seems like a horrible guy and him leaving her and ignoring her during the inauguration and on other occasions was painful to watch as a wife).

Old 05-03-2017, 02:01 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,678,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Dude!

Your village called. They miss you.

LOL, ....I see what you did there.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:07 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,795,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
I think I'll work on becoming Asian or maybe Latino. How exactly do I do this?
Just say you've decided it... it worked for Warren who became part native Indian.

It's called "voluntary race identity"

Other white Americans have pretended to be black: Rachel Dolezal's predecessors in racial controversy.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:13 PM

15,537 posts, read 10,512,774 times
"Obama became black, and dumped his non-black fiance, to build a political career"

So, some people are into building political careers. I'm not going to read all that, but I don't see what the big deal is.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:53 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,329,708 times
Some people think any and every action by a black person is criminal or shady. Now marrying a black woman isn't about love but for politics. And what's even worse, OP frames this marriage in a way that some non-black person ended up a victim. This should be a really good glimpsed into the minds or how everyday racists think. OP may not utter racial slurs, but even a Harvard educated black family man is somehow evil and has "victims" and political schemes. Insane.

Old 05-03-2017, 02:57 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,115,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
Some people think any and every action by a black person is criminal or shady. Now marrying a black woman isn't about love but for politics. And what's even worse, OP frames this marriage in a way that some non-black person ended up a victim. This should be a really good glimpsed into the minds or how everyday racists think. OP may not utter racial slurs, but even a Harvard educated black family man is somehow evil and has "victims" and political schemes. Insane.
Quoted in hopes that people will read this post once more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies