Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 10:58 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times

Advertisements

At Comey's hearing the Republican Senators only asked about Clinton and avoided the Trump-Russia Scandal. What a farce. They are openly complicit in a cover-up. We cannot trust the Republicans to police themselves. An independent special prosecutor is obviously needed.

Congress is at a fork in the road: party or country? Hopefully they will do the right thing and choose country, but I'm not holding my breath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2017, 11:09 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Agreed. This is FAR larger then Benghazi, and they are putting party before country in a big way. To me thats just a example of why they need to be voted out.

Old 05-03-2017, 11:24 AM

57,291 posts, read 26,206,502 times
This was supposed to be a routine Senate oversight hearing. It was not intended to go into the ongoing Russian investigation, he was able to provided comments on the Clinton emails because there is no present investigation. He and Rogers will be testifying behind close door committees, don't expect any answers until the Russian investigation is concluded.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:09 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
...don't expect any answers until the Russian investigation is concluded.
Given how things are being handled I'm not confident we will have the answers even after the investigation is concluded.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:14 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
I watched part of it... and yes they did talk about it. Are you saying that Democrats didn't say anything either? So what you're saying op is more investigation, more coming up empty.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:19 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
The House needs to investigate The Senate, they have the time available to do this.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:24 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,120,871 times
There is no Trump-Russia scandal. It does not exist. It is a figment of deluded Democrat imagination.

To date, it has never even been suggested what Trump might have done to"collude." The "collusion" has a always been betweeen Democrats and Russia. You know, the uranium deal, "I'll have more flexibility after the election," "the eighties called..."

Except for the most quixotic of delusional libs, America has given up this nonense after the Syria bombing.

Good look on the upkeep of the delusional little world you have built for yourself.

Old 05-03-2017, 01:38 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
When Comey testified today, he expressed no regrets about what he had done to Clinton. But maybe he will make it up for what he did to her and to our country, by what he will do to Trump?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...l-hill/525210/

Old 05-03-2017, 01:39 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Given how things are being handled I'm not confident we will have the answers even after the investigation is concluded.

Want answers?

OK, over several decades, starting in the 1970s, Democrats abandoned their white working-class base.

The belief in Dem circles this time last year was that the white working-class vote wasn't even needed to win a national election and Hillary would be effectively coroneted in 2016.

That didn't happen, and although all the signs pointing to a Trump victory based on the votes of blue-collar whites were present for anyone willing to look past the dinosaur media's propaganda, Democrats, unable to free themselves of the ideological corner into which they have painted themselves, now need a reason for their defeat that doesn't involve simply being wrong.

Have fun with your denial!

Old 05-03-2017, 01:41 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
At Comey's hearing the Republican Senators only asked about Clinton and avoided the Trump-Russia Scandal. What a farce. They are openly complicit in a cover-up. We cannot trust the Republicans to police themselves. An independent special prosecutor is obviously needed.

Congress is at a fork in the road: party or country? Hopefully they will do the right thing and choose country, but I'm not holding my breath.
There has not been one scintilla of any evidence to connect Trump to the Russians, much less make it a "scandal," much less require a special prosecutor.

Just because you and your torch-carrying lynch mob of pouting election losers, hate Trump, does not mean we create a federal fishing expedition, just because... you hate Trump and think he is capable of horrible, treasonous deeds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies