Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2017, 04:25 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You didn't answer the question. You made it about the law.
If she denied mixed marriage license would you be defending her? I don't think you would.

The thing to do is protest government involvement in the marriage business. It is impossible to solve problems doing what you are doing.
Treat the cause and don't react to symptoms. Governments' involvement in the marriage business is the cause of the problem. How can it not be?
I'm not defending her now. She would be in violation of her oath if she denied same sex couples or if she denied mixed race couples, or if she denied mixed religion couples, or id she denies athiest couples as all are legally allowed to get married. If she denied any of them I would not defend her.

Funny how this whole get government out of marriage thing started when "those" people were allowed to marry, huh?

Old 05-04-2017, 07:21 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
A same-sex couple who was denied a marriage license by Kentucky county clerk Kim Davis can now legally sue her, a federal appeals court ruled Tuesday.

The couple have indicated they intend to go forward with the suit.
I am strongly against what Kim Davis did, but I think it's time to let this go unless she is still denying same-sex couples the right to marry. This will serve no purpose but to fuel the Christian persecution complex and bring gay marriage back into the spotlight.

Gay marriage is here to stay. Let's move on as a nation like we did from interracial marriage.

Old 05-05-2017, 06:44 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
I believe its sinful to be straight...there see how stupid that sounds?

You are dumb ignorant a**hole if you believe me loving my bf or 2 women in love with each other is sinful.
Your name calling and language make clear what kind of person you are- one with a severe lack of self control, and ruled by your emotions. Neither my opininion, nor yours count in the long run- only Gods opinion matters.

Old 05-05-2017, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Flawed because of the interpretation by man? Is that what you mean? Like when it's said thou shalt not kill vs an eye for an eye.
Cherry picking.

Old 05-05-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Disagreeing doesnt make you right you know ?

Why do you believe anyone would choose to be gay ?????
In todays world, it's "trendy".

Old 05-05-2017, 06:53 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,736,617 times
Quote:
Davis is getting sued. And she will lose. And she will pay.

All of your obfuscating and and ridiculous chasing-your-tail, feigned ignorance (or maybe not feigned, which is even worse) will do absolutely zilch to change that.

I think I'm enjoying your tears as much as I will enjoy Ms. Davis'.
It's that cold attitude that is the really disturbing thing. I don't care if Ms. Davis is technically and CURRENTLY legally in the wrong. The disturbing thing is this attitude from the pro-gay crowd that she needs to have her life ruined because gay people didn't get their way. Makes me wonder if they would enjoy seeing this woman publically tortured and murdered for her offense as well.

Old 05-05-2017, 11:02 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
I'm not defending her now.
That's not what I asked. Quit deflecting

Quote:
She would be in violation of her oath if she denied same sex couples or if she denied mixed race couples, or if she denied mixed religion couples, or id she denies athiest couples as all are legally allowed to get married. If she denied any of them I would not defend her.
The oath has nothing to do with the law. Plus you don't care about the oath. Quit deflecting.

Quote:
Funny how this whole get government out of marriage thing started when "those" people were allowed to marry, huh?
Something else you made up. From day one people didn't like it when government got involved in the marriage business. To say otherwise is just another attempt to deflect through deceit.

The best part, which you also deflect from, is the entire problem started because of government.

Old 05-05-2017, 11:06 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
It's that cold attitude that is the really disturbing thing. I don't care if Ms. Davis is technically and CURRENTLY legally in the wrong. The disturbing thing is this attitude from the pro-gay crowd that she needs to have her life ruined because gay people didn't get their way. Makes me wonder if they would enjoy seeing this woman publically tortured and murdered for her offense as well.
That's what the filthy progressives do. Force their will on others when no ones rights have been violated because it's for our own good. Not surprising that progressive policies are known failures.

Old 05-05-2017, 11:13 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
It's that cold attitude that is the really disturbing thing. I don't care if Ms. Davis is technically and CURRENTLY legally in the wrong. The disturbing thing is this attitude from the pro-gay crowd that she needs to have her life ruined because gay people didn't get their way.
You have that backwards. It was Ms. Davis who threw a temper tantrum because she didn't get her way. And she was given every opportunity to reverse her stance, but instead, she dug in, disobeying the law because she personally didn't like it.

The gay couples were within their rights. Ms. Davis refused to do her job and to follow the law. End of story.

Quote:
Makes me wonder if they would enjoy seeing this woman publically tortured and murdered for her offense as well.
Nah, I'll be happy to see her suffer some monetary consequences. I think she should lose her job but that's probably not going to happen. We will unfortunately continue to pay this bigot's salary.

Old 05-05-2017, 11:21 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Quote:
You have that backwards. It was Ms. Davis who threw a temper tantrum because she didn't get her way. And she was given every opportunity to reverse her stance, but instead, she dug in, disobeying the law because she personally didn't like it.

The gay couples were within their rights. Ms. Davis refused to do her job and to follow the law. End of story.

Nah, I'll be happy to see her suffer some monetary consequences. I think she should lose her job but that's probably not going to happen. We will unfortunately continue to pay this bigot's salary.
Actually no one cares if gay people have civil unions and what is really sad is the LBGT will go after people if you disagree with their life style.

These laws suits are frivolous and design to force people to except choices these folks make.

People make bad decisions every day.

MS Davis should be applauded for standing her on here religious convictions.

In the these same folks will have to reconcile there life style in front of their maker!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies