Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2017, 10:36 AM

1,122 posts, read 962,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post

You totally misunderstood my post. Go back and re-read it.

I am not interested in California Forward and I have lived here all my life in California (all 64 yrs). I know what is happening. Ab 109/Prop 47 is not working. These people are re-offending and I do not care what the author (former Law Enforcement Officer) stated. What I do know is when this all was voted on Law Enforcement was AGAINST it. So this is just one guy...

My issue is, they are now housing these parolees in our communities. Where we live!!! I wonder how many are in THEIR communities? Do you think Jerry Brown wants these parolees housed near where he resides? Where Barbra Streisand lives? Bleeding heart Liberals but not in their backyard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2017, 10:38 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
To avoid looking at their reflection honestly, humans project their own failures and destructive traits onto others, blaming others for their own faults. They justify their self-serving actions, and deny responsibility for their clearly self-destructive behaviors. This describes the Democratic Party elites to a T. It's all Trump's fault, or the Russian hackers, or the "deplorables"--anyone but themselves.

Of Two Minds - Why the Democrats Can't Let Go of Losing

Old 05-07-2017, 10:47 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
You totally misunderstood my post. Go back and re-read it.

I am not interested in California Forward and I have lived here all my life in California (all 64 yrs). I know what is happening. Ab 109/Prop 47 is not working. These people are re-offending and I do not care what the author (former Law Enforcement Officer) stated. What I do know is when this all was voted on Law Enforcement was AGAINST it. So this is just one guy...

My issue is, they are now housing these parolees in our communities. Where we live!!! I wonder how many are in THEIR communities? Do you think Jerry Brown wants these parolees housed near where he resides? Where Barbra Streisand lives? Bleeding heart Liberals but not in their backyard.
I did not misunderstand your post..I just disagree.

BTW..my family is 6th generation Californian...going back to 1835...and most still live there. Unless you are willing to host a prison in your back yard...or you have some other solution to California's prison overcrowding problem--you're just going to have deal with it.

This is the result of decades of 'get tough on criminals' positions by politicians who used people's fear of crime to power them into office.

As a suggestion, perhaps you could agitate for more lenient sentencing..do away with mandatory minimums and 3 strikes laws or perhaps do away with a few laws entirely..such as drug laws, for example. If drugs were legal..a lot of the crime associated with addiction would go away..IMO.

Old 05-07-2017, 10:47 AM

With Trumps election...

The Ruling Elite Has Lost the Consent of the Governed (the people)

And that's why they are freaking out.

The Great Divide in America is between the ruling Elite and the governed that the Elite has stripmined. The ruling Elite is privileged and protected, the governed are unprivileged and unprotected. That's the divide that counts and the divide that is finally becoming visible to the marginalized, unprivileged class of debt-serfs.

The media is 100% committed to promoting these two false narratives because the *** is up once the bottom 95% wake up to the reality that the ruling Elite has been stripmining them for decades.

Unfortunately for the ruling Elite and their army of engorged enablers and apologists, they have already lost the consent of the governed.

Of Two Minds - The Ruling Elite Has Lost the Consent of the Governed

Old 05-07-2017, 10:59 AM

Democrats believe in big government, they believe in government stimulus (high taxes) instead of encouraging small business, ingenuity and productivity that benefit many more people.

The problem is this: after the government funding dries up, we still have a corrupt crony-cartel economy based on predatory privilege, parasitic rackets and central-state enforced fraud. In other words, we still have an economy that strangles productivity that could benefit the many in order to further enrich the few. The other fly in the ointment is this sort of spending doesn't create as many jobs as the uninformed assume.

If we look at what wealthy households own, we note they own businesses. This is not a coincidence, as wealth is generated by value-creating businesses.

If you want to escape Minimum Wage Debt-Serfdom, start by developing skills that create value by solving problems and increasing productivity, which is another way of saying doing more with less. Understand that your human/social capital is fundamentally an enterprise that you own and manage. Taking ownership of your capital and managing that asset as an enterprise is the first step to escaping stagnation.

http://www.oftwominds.com/blogaug16/...pital8-16.html

Old 05-07-2017, 11:00 AM

34,058 posts, read 17,071,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Today on meet the depressed, Barbara boxer held up a stack of papers and ranted about 20 million that gained healthcare with Obamacare. Nobody said THOSE Are going to lose their healthcare.

And what about the remaining $330 million and their healthcare ( the majority of America)?

The do- nothing Femocrats are or were prepared to shoot on their hands and do nothing while 4, now 6 states are losing the only insurer they even have in their state. Virginia is next on the obamacare failure.
Insurers abandoning ACA the last several years was the best thing to ever happen. It was a horrible piece of legislation which was never fiscally sustainable.

Old 05-07-2017, 11:30 AM

Our society is sick, our economy exploitive and our politics corrupt. I'm not saying anything you didn't already know.

Everyone who isn't being paid to deny the obvious in public knows that our society is a layer-cake of pathologies, our economy little more than institutionalized racketeering and our politics a corrupt auction-house of pay-for-play, influence-peddling, money-grubbing and brazen pandering for votes.

http://www.oftwominds.com/blogaug16/...rrupt8-16.html

Old 05-07-2017, 11:40 AM

Democrats support Globalism but with Globalization there are few winners and many losers

Globalization is presented as a win-win solution: the developed countries get cheaper goods and the developing world get the benefits of industrialization. But now the mainstream cheerleaders of globalization have been forced to accept that globalization exacerbates wealth/income inequalities.

In this environment, employees are competing with workers globally, which suppresses wages everywhere. Since global corporations have gained political power in globalization, they can buy lobbying and political influence that raises the cost of commerce for small businesses--a process known as regulatory capture that erects walls that stifle competition.

Old 05-07-2017, 11:41 AM

Domestically, the American ruling class and the mainstream punditry are struggling to square the circle, that is, defend the globalization of the U.S. economy that has greatly enriched corporations, the wealthy and the top 5% of the work force but also alleviate the stagnation in the incomes and wealth of the bottom 80%.

Of Two Minds - Globalization's Few Winners and Many Losers

Old 05-07-2017, 11:42 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
With Trumps election...

The Ruling Elite Has Lost the Consent of the Governed (the people)

And that's why they are freaking out.

The Great Divide in America is between the ruling Elite and the governed that the Elite has stripmined. The ruling Elite is privileged and protected, the governed are unprivileged and unprotected. That's the divide that counts and the divide that is finally becoming visible to the marginalized, unprivileged class of debt-serfs.

The media is 100% committed to promoting these two false narratives because the *** is up once the bottom 95% wake up to the reality that the ruling Elite has been stripmining them for decades.

Unfortunately for the ruling Elite and their army of engorged enablers and apologists, they have already lost the consent of the governed.

Of Two Minds - The Ruling Elite Has Lost the Consent of the Governed
Interesting website I had not heard of previously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies