Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2017, 08:40 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,128,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Trey Gowdy is an incompetent boob. You might as well nominate Pee Wee Hermann.
Seriously, I think America is fed up with alt-lefties. Sorry Pee Wee. No insult intended.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put HER in a gulag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This just gets better and better!

Note that I didn't need to even ask whom you are referring to!

Old 05-12-2017, 08:43 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovehound View Post
Seriously, I think America is fed up with alt-lefties. Sorry Pee Wee. No insult intended.
36%. That tells me about 64% is fed up the Tweeter-in-Chief. He's only been in office 4 months and people are getting tired of his schtick.

Old 05-12-2017, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
36%. That tells me about 64% is fed up the Tweeter-in-Chief. He's only been in office 4 months and people are getting tired of his schtick.
You mean alt-left people are getting sick of it.

IMO Trump is succeeding in driving the alt-lefties crazy. Oops, I assumed that wasn't a pre-existing condition! My bad...

Old 05-13-2017, 06:37 AM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Its got to be somebody outside the Justice Department and FBI and Washington DC. Somebody willing to take charge, clean house and start handing out pink slips.

Old 05-13-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Its got to be somebody outside the Justice Department and FBI and Washington DC. Somebody willing to take charge, clean house and start handing out pink slips.
I can't help it, I'm imagining Comey wearing a pink slip...

You remember J. Edgar Hoover... yes?

Old 05-13-2017, 04:08 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
LOL. Hillary wiped the floor with him - did you even watch that hearing? Trey was sweating so bad I thought they were going to have to dry him off.
Watched the whole thing, he made her look more stupid than a paper bag, kind of what he does to everyone.

Old 05-13-2017, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
Watched the whole thing, he made her look more stupid than a paper bag, kind of what he does to everyone.
That's an intriguing comment, as are the comments from the opposition. I wish I had paid more attention to these hearings.

One thing for sure, per the news Trump and staff are interviewing 4-5 nominees today and we can expect (IMO) to hear more news about likely candidates next week. I understand the announcement is planned for Friday but doubtless we will hear some chit chat before then.

I'm sure that everybody on both sides can agree that this will be a very important appointment.

Just recalling a previous office holder J. Edgar Hoover and his huge effects on America during his tenure (I learned this in school, I'm not that old LOL) the new Director is likely to have a huge effect on law enforcement in America.

Old 05-13-2017, 04:41 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
This thread is hilarious. Does any SANE person honestly believe Trump will nominate anyone who isn't completely loyal to HIM???

C'mon, now.

My money is on John Cornyn - the consummate Trump bootlicker. He's at the top of the list, or isn't anyone paying attention?

Old 05-13-2017, 06:40 PM

Ariadne, Trump wouldn't nominate any candidate for FBI Director who wouldn't follow his policies and goals any more than Obama would do the same.

The real problem I have with political debate topics is that it's always the same old thing, that when it's your guy doing it it's perfectly fine, but when the other side's guy is doing it then it becomes some odious transgression of political propriety and perhaps not only unconstitutional but maybe illegal and probably immoral to boot!

It's always the same old thing: pot, meet kettle. Doesn't matter what side you're on. If its your guy he's a patriot, if it's the other side's guy he's a perverted criminal.

I've been avoiding the political section of C-D since I joined, just because I didn't want to get involved in pointless debates where mindless people sling their mud and accuse each other's sides for everything from treason to unkindly stepping on cockroaches.

To be honest, I'm pleased to have recently join the mud wrestling section. I've found it to be more hilarious than I ever imagined. (Note: my use of 'hilarious' is not intended as any slight against Hillary Clinton.)

There's just one thing I can't quite get my mind around. Why are there so few people here who have any sense of humor? Is this subject so sacrosanct that having fun is not allowed? My own problem with humor is that no matter how hard I try I find it almost impossible to squeeze every drop of humor out of my demeanor and post a totally humorless post. I'm just not the kind of person who can abandon his sense of humor.

As I said, I recently joined the discussions. Now I wish I knew what these debates were like when the shoe was on the other foot. As far as I can tell I've seen little to no humorous posts, or posts that even recognize humor except in a critical way, by the alt-left side. Is that because they are the present day losers and don't like being on the losing side? Or are lefties always absent any sense of humor?

I guess I'll have to wait until 2020 to get an answer to my query, since it's damned sure I'm not going to go dig up old boring posts from the Obama era.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies