Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 11:03 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,680,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Interesting.

My husband's mother passed away. We've spent the whole day together with our son. If he took off to play golf I'd be pretty annoyed. If either of our mothers were alive, we'd be spending the day with them.
This shows the difference between men who care about family and who are thoughtful, unselfish. Dump is not a family man or caring, just self-involved. Surely they only have a child due to her becoming pregnant by neither bothering with birth control and she was young enough and probably wanted one. He doesn't give a rip and apparently was the same with the other two wives. just more indicators of who he is.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:08 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,571,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
It should scream to all those family oriented conserves- who voted for him- to see their leader is not really a family man- he has no kindness or warmth towards others- except for the russian WH meeting -never seen him smiles to much - ever... no love---
I would say most others. I'd exempt his three oldest children, his grandchildren, and his own mother from that.

Old 05-14-2017, 11:30 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,586,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Are you guys seriously saying that a Dad shouldn't celebrate Mother's Day with his wife and kids? That golfing is a good excuse to skip it?
I'd say it is none of my business and I could not care less if Trump golfs or spends all or only part of the day with his wife.

That's their business and it has no impact, as far as I can tell, on his official duties as POTUS.

I'd say you're just slinging poo to see if it sticks.

Old 05-15-2017, 04:08 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,355,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
And that's great that you feel that way. But to me, Mother's Day is a day to honor my own mother, not everyone else's mother. My mother is deceased as is Trump's. So I guess I don't see that golfing is a big deal. When your mother is gone, there isn't much you can do to bring her back. What I do not consider Mother's Day to be is "Wife's Day." If we want a Wife's Day, we should set one up.
If your wife has had kids she is a mother and mothers day is about celebrating mothers.If i used your logic to avoid doing something special for my wife on mothers day i would be in the dog house for a while.

Old 05-15-2017, 04:12 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,333,435 times
Quote:
Are you guys seriously saying that a Dad shouldn't celebrate Mother's Day with his wife and kids? That golfing is a good excuse to skip it? The "family-values" party hits a new low.
LOL Of course they are saying its okay. The Family Values Party was perfectly okay with his foul mouth, violent threats, etc. What makes you think Mother's Day would make any dent in their hero worship of this cretin in humanoid form?

Old 05-15-2017, 04:28 AM

68,340 posts, read 54,455,929 times
Trump not spending Mother's Day with his (3rd) wife and child

Perhaps that's the gift Melania requested.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:02 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,841,928 times
Quote:
you are just not going to give it up are you, even if you are showing how truly immature you can be. You know it is things like this that make it hard to take some posters seriously even when they have somthing worthwhile to say. What in the does how he sits have to do with your original post or what kind of a president he is?

Old 05-15-2017, 05:10 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,841,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
LOL Of course they are saying its okay. The Family Values Party was perfectly okay with his foul mouth, violent threats, etc. What makes you think Mother's Day would make any dent in their hero worship of this cretin in humanoid form?
I don't know about other "family value" people, just I am one that is not happy with how he handles himself period, but that has absolutely nothing to do with what kind of a president he is. Let's not go there or you may be forced to remember many of our X Presidents from your party.

Old 05-15-2017, 05:59 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,333,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't know about other "family value" people, just I am one that is not happy with how he handles himself period, but that has absolutely nothing to do with what kind of a president he is. Let's not go there or you may be forced to remember many of our X Presidents from your party.
I'm quite okay with that. Why? I don't pretend Family Values politics have anything to do with who one is sleeping with or if they are vulgar. TRUE Family Values politics focuses on things like jobs, good education, good healthcare, etc.

Old 05-15-2017, 06:03 AM

68,340 posts, read 54,455,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

If a man's word to his wife is meaningless, why is there any reason to believe his word to the strangers he allegedly serves is any better?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies