Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2017, 01:26 PM

10,783 posts, read 4,356,071 times

Advertisements

If the Democrats thought they could beat President Trump in 2020, they'd want him to stay put.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 01:28 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,625,539 times

I don't want him impeached. I want him to do his job correctly because if he does it would benefit us all.

45,585 posts, read 27,215,643 times
I think they know they can't truly impeach him.

But they have to keep this up through the mid-terms and make him look bad to try and flip the House of Reps.

10,920 posts, read 6,917,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
If the Democrats thought they could beat President Trump in 2020, they'd want him to stay put.
Nah - I mostly want him impeached because I worry about what he's going to do to this country before 2020 (although, really, I would like to just see him govern...but he doesn't seem capable/qualified to do that competently).

Although I'm not a Democrat...so can only speak for myself.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:29 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,363,447 times
Quote:

Actually the Democrats are counting on Trump to louse up the Republicans badly enough to give them a shot at legislative control in 2018. They far prefer Trump to the alternatives.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:31 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,651,065 times
I didn't vote Trump, but I honestly am confused as to why people are so butthurt about him being President.

What exactly has changed since he took office? Or do people just like to live in fear and hysteria because they have nothing else in their lives better to do?

Old 05-16-2017, 01:31 PM

10,783 posts, read 4,356,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Nah - I mostly want him impeached because I worry about what he's going to do to this country before 2020 (although, really, I would like to just see him govern...but he doesn't seem capable/qualified to do that competently).
Worried about what he's doing to the country?
He's exceeding economists predictions of jobs, reducing border crossings from Mexico, and he's giving America the biggest tax cuts in history.
Plus he's been great at building relationships with world leaders, and standing up to Assad/Kim.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:33 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,422,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Actually the Democrats are counting on Trump to louse up the Republicans badly enough to give them a shot at legislative control in 2018. They far prefer Trump to the alternatives.
It's true. Democrats are much better off with Trump than they would have been if someone like Cruz or Rubio would have won. Trump is only hindering the Republican party not bolstering it.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:37 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
As a Democrat, I'm very conflicted actually. A part of me wants Trump to remain because I think he is very destructive to the GOP. He is living breathing proof that everything the GOP said about Obama (and it was all so ridiculous), Trump does magnitudes worse. And the silence coming from the GOP is essentially admitting that while exposing that they care more about party than country.

But if I say that, then I'm also saying I care more about party than country. Because if I'm truly honest, I think Trump is a danger and damages the country and if Republicans in Congress were honest, IMO they would admit that.

Old 05-16-2017, 01:38 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,422,487 times
Quote:
Worried about what he's doing to the country?
He's exceeding economists predictions of jobs, and he's giving America the biggest tax cuts in history.
Plus he's been great at building relationships with world leaders, and standing up to Assad/Kim.
Really?

First of all with jobs, what he has done on the job front is little, and the growth the past few months is mostly leftover from Obama. I would think now about the time when he would start to have an impact on the economy.

When are those tax cuts coming through for folks like me in the middle class?

Standing up to world leaders? Kim just did a missile test the other day. Wow, Kim seems really scared of Trump and that "armada" that he sent over that way, but somehow got lost in ended up in another part of the Pacific. Assad also seems to not care, why would they? They have Russia backing them up, and Russia is friends with Trump, so not sure how just dropping one bomb, is standing up to Assad. If he were standing up to Assad he wouldn't be cozying up to Russia then.

He also has managed to offend leaders from the UK, Australia, Germany, etc. So not sure where you are geting your info from. Perhaps fake news?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies