Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2017, 08:08 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
Course they cannot show the ACTUAL memo.. But if Comey was anything like myself, I made sure I documented everything and would refuse to alter it when asked by higher up who demanded it! So Yep, I do believe there is documentation by Comey as a knowledgeable professional that knew he had to protect himself and the integrity of his work!

Many don't realize just how important documentation is.. But when it comes to position of authority or eye witness or person involved.. I preached as a mentor to others.. IF It's not documented.. then it NEVER HAPPENED> Fast forward to COURT.. Try to prove your testimony is it was Never written down nor documented!! Doesn't work! Convenient info doesn't fly in a Court of law!! So I get why Comey documented this conversation.. and Trump is LUCKY he didn't expose Trump's A$$ when it happened!! But now.. Trump and his close confidents are in huge problems, IMO!! This has nothing to do with Trump's claim of "Wire Tapping" either!!

When anyone testifies.. their HISTORY and Integrity is what make it believable or likely self-serving lies!! The Jury or those that Judge the voracity are the ones testimony or evidence produced gets viewed by just WHO presents it!! Trump has had a lifetime of lying, and his close knit group much the same!! Welcome to Law and Order Trumpets. Denials and deflections ain't working!!
So, we are going on the interpretation of someone who has read it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2017, 08:09 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,095,135 times
Quote:
Difference was AG Lynch recused herself.. and had NOTHING to do with Comey's results from FBI nor did she respond or have President Obama respond or encourage distractions ! Trump is simply a different ANIMAL!! He can't help but interfere!!
No Lynch never recused herself. She after doing what can only be described as the most suspicious thing an AG could possibly do, she said she would take Comey's recommendation. She did not recuse herself, and ultimately, the Justice Department, and likely Lynch herself, made the decision not to proscute Hillary.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:09 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Do ya get the sense that Jason has been freed up to do what is right since he decided to retire ( either before or when re-running for office)?? Trump and Avid folks who threat getting primary'd doesn't have any leverage on him.. Besides it sounds like he has a Gig secured after he retires from Congress LOL

Old 05-16-2017, 08:10 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,651,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Trump supporters wanted someone who has no knowledge of government and no government experience and they got what they wished for. Trump has no idea how government works, what the Constitution is and what it means, how separation of powers works, and what governmental policy is. Not only is he ignorant on these issues but he has a very limited capacity to learn. But beyond that he most likely does give a damn about how government or its institutions work.

I don't know whether he thinks he is above the law or whether he is just a clueless idiot. Maybe both.

This Comey news is just one more nail that will lead to Trump's resignation or impeachment.
You are absolutely right about that. Now we all have to go through some sort of drama every week, as he try to learn this job on the fly. His lack of experience is telling big time, and by time he figure things out, the damage will already be done.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:16 PM

1,896 posts, read 811,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
The swamp is dirty and has really dirty alligators. I hope Trump is able to clean it up. The corruption of the last administration lives on.
BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA. You were serious weren't you?

Trump filled the swamp with more alligators because that's how he operates boy.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:20 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,651,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I certainly can't wait for Trey Gowdy to question him!
Gowdy couldn't even crack Hillary Clinton in an 11 hour hearing, I doubt if he can do anything with Comey.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:23 PM

7,822 posts, read 4,563,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Gowdy couldn't even crack Hillary Clinton in an 11 hour hearing, I doubt if he can do anything with Comey.
I'm not convinced Gowdy could crack a bag of peanuts at the ballpark...

Old 05-16-2017, 08:25 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,503,206 times
Quote:
Course they cannot show the ACTUAL memo.. But if Comey was anything like myself, I made sure I documented everything and would refuse to alter it when asked by higher up who demanded it! So Yep, I do believe there is documentation by Comey as a knowledgeable professional that knew he had to protect himself and the integrity of his work!
Comey was known to create memos after every meeting going back to when he worked for Pres. Bush. He documents everything. This isn't anything new.

Old 05-16-2017, 08:29 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
Fox News Is Having A Nervous Breakdown And Pretending Like Trump's Presidency Isn't Dying

Old 05-16-2017, 08:29 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Comey was known to create memos after every meeting going back to when he worked for Pres. Bush. He documents everything. This isn't anything new.
"But by writing a memo, Comey has put himself in a box.* If he now accuses the President of obstruction, he places himself in legal jeopardy for failing to promptly and properly report it.* If he says it was merely an uncomfortable conversation, he clears the president of wrongdoing and sullies his own image as a guy who attempted to smear the man who fired him.*"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies