Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 07:26 AM

12,905 posts, read 15,662,473 times

Advertisements

I've been seeing the same thing on ABC Nightly News. I just turn it off. But...I have to say...they aren't attacking him. They are reporting the news, as they should. I have also witnessed them report positive stories. Unfortunately, there is little good in this administration right now.

So, OP, do you think they should just report nothing unless it's positive and move on to other things? Trump is causing this, the media is not to blame for reporting this stuff.

And ABC and NBC nightly news are not criticizing him for how he eats his steak or the curtains--that's the internet. They are just reporting what happens. It's a shame when Trump supporters want reality swept under the carpet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 07:27 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
Here's an idea: change the channel.
Newsflash....

It's not going to matter. The entire establishment is out to destroy Trump. You see, he crashed their little gig in Washington and upset things. They want him out.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Newsflash....

It's not going to matter. The entire establishment is out to destroy Trump. You see, he crashed their little gig in Washington and upset things. They want him out.
Because he's not doing anything wrong, correct? Everything is just made up. He does NONE of the things reported...none? This is what I'm hearing here.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:28 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
There is no such thing as news anymore- not as we knew it. It's all about the personalities being on an ego trip. If anyone knows of a real new channel, I'd like to hear from you.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:30 AM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I've been a NBC nightly news viewer for many years. Even though I rarely agreed with their opinions, I like their broadcast style and Brian William's personality. Lester Holt is ok. But enough is enough. Every freaking night, their top story is about how sorry Trump is doing. Another Trump Bombshell blowout! Another Trump twitter disaster! The man has been criticized for everything from the way he eats steak to the color of the curtains in the White House.

The lack of journalist integrity has just reached a new extreme. What happened to reporting the facts? Last night was a prime example. Late breaking news! We now have a report that Trump supposedly ordered Comey to stand down on Flynn. Obstruction of justice! Wait, let's back up. Do we even have a copy of the memo? Nope, apparently, as long as it is anti-Trump news, hearsay will do just fine. Hey NBC, how about you get some evidence first before you accuse the President of a serious crime? And that was on top of the classified info story. We don't even know exactly that info was given to the Russians, but that's ok. Trump is already a traitor according to the NBC news.

I don't think I can stomach watching Lester Holt and Chuck Todd ever again. How can anyone trust these liberal news outlets who clearly have an agenda to destroy Trump? I had to go to this website to find out exactly what Trump has done. The guy has been busy. Of course, it is a positive action, I'll never heard about it on NBC.

President Trump: What the new White House has done so far - UPI.com
My TV won't even get nbc

Old 05-17-2017, 07:32 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
That's a lie and you know it. They also try to become the news.
trump is NOT the news????

Old 05-17-2017, 07:32 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I've been a NBC nightly news viewer for many years. Even though I rarely agreed with their opinions, I like their broadcast style and Brian William's personality. Lester Holt is ok. But enough is enough. Every freaking night, their top story is about how sorry Trump is doing. Another Trump Bombshell blowout! Another Trump twitter disaster! The man has been criticized for everything from the way he eats steak to the color of the curtains in the White House.

The lack of journalist integrity has just reached a new extreme. What happened to reporting the facts? Last night was a prime example. Late breaking news! We now have a report that Trump supposedly ordered Comey to stand down on Flynn. Obstruction of justice! Wait, let's back up. Do we even have a copy of the memo? Nope, apparently, as long as it is anti-Trump news, hearsay will do just fine. Hey NBC, how about you get some evidence first before you accuse the President of a serious crime? And that was on top of the classified info story. We don't even know exactly that info was given to the Russians, but that's ok. Trump is already a traitor according to the NBC news.

I don't think I can stomach watching Lester Holt and Chuck Todd ever again. How can anyone trust these liberal news outlets who clearly have an agenda to destroy Trump? I had to go to this website to find out exactly what Trump has done. The guy has been busy. Of course, it is a positive action, I'll never heard about it on NBC.

President Trump: What the new White House has done so far - UPI.com
Stick to Breitbart, zerohedge, Alex Jones and the President's Tweets. They are much more reliable [/sarcasm].

Old 05-17-2017, 07:33 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Fair enough. I'm fed up with him giving them reasons.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:34 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Newsflash....

Now it seems he is crashing his own gig. Most of the country wants him out now with exception of his cult followers.

Old 05-17-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
There is no such thing as news anymore- not as we knew it. It's all about the personalities being on an ego trip. If anyone knows of a real new channel, I'd like to hear from you.
True, the "nightly news" for 30 minutes isn't real, hard news. It basically highlights short news stories happening across the country and world that are "top" with usually a feel-good piece at the end.

In the last few weeks, I would say Trump and his shenanigans have taken up at least 15 minutes of that half-hour. The stories are just a summary of what is reported in-depth in the papers, and across various organizations.

They don't seem to be anything different from what is all over the place. Just more compressed. I haven't found them, so far, to be lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies