Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 11:06 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
CNN is unhinged... they are praying for a mass shooting of Americans so they don't have to spend weeks talking about a tweet. But those shootings won't happen so frequently with Trump in charge. Hells no.. law and order is back with Trump... The country is nice, safe and quiet now.

There is an alternative history written by folks....on both sides.

Under Obama we were constantly under attack

Under Trump we are doomed to all implode.

Both of you sound stupid.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:07 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,919,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Border crossings have come to a halt, real jobs (high paying) are pouring in. Not Obama minimum wage service industry jobs. Illegals are self deporting. Migrants are fleeing. No mass shootings, no ISIS, foreign countries are investing billions in the United States. No more race wars in Baltimore or Ferguson. Cops have stopped being killed. Black lives matter has vanished. The National debt is going down. Countries paid back the money they owed to NATO. All since Nov 8th. Regulations cut, government spending cut, all conservative cabinet in place. Citizens are safe. Law and order. Obamacare is collapsing. Democrats have been exposed. Pelosi is drunk on Capitol Hill by noon everyday. Rosie O'Donnell has gone full retard. Things are looking up.
You do realize that nothing in your list has actually happened yet?

Old 03-18-2017, 11:18 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Who in their right mind would believe what Spicer says?

He doesn't even believe it and it shows.
Agreed. Often his only response is something along the lines of "the President believes it ... or " the President feels ... " when he knows it is a cockemamy argument.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:24 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
I feel sorry for Sean Spicer. He's devolved down to "The Mouth of Sauron" level trying to cover his Master's lies, and unlike the Mouth of Sauron, he can't find an Aragorn to put him out of his misery.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:28 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
CNN could start investigating Illinois finances and figure out why no budget has been passed in over 18 months. CNN could investigate Illinois property tax rate which is over 3% and one of the highest in the country yet Illinois has the lowest financial rating of any state in the U.S.
The reason Illinois has not passed a budget in 18 months is purely political. The Republican governor refuses to sign off on what the Democratic legislature sends him until/unless it includes things such as dismantling collective bargaining rights for unions and making it more difficult for injured workers to receive workman's comp. Illinois is a blue union state. That is not going to happen, but Governor Rauner has refused to sign any budget that does not include those things.

Nothing for anyone to "investigate," unless political deadlock is now some kind of crime.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:46 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Spicer is funny. Ineffective but entertaining. He can't handle anything without losing his cool and going off on some deranged rant about how only right wing propaganda is real.

He isn't beating anything. He's just making a fool of himself on an almost constant basis.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:54 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Spicer is funny. Ineffective but entertaining. He can't handle anything without losing his cool and going off on some deranged rant about how only right wing propaganda is real.

He isn't beating anything. He's just making a fool of himself on an almost constant basis.
I can never look at him any more without seeing Melissa McCarthy. THAT is going to be his legacy.

Old 03-18-2017, 12:01 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
I feel sorry for Sean Spicer. He's devolved down to "The Mouth of Sauron" level trying to cover his Master's lies, and unlike the Mouth of Sauron, he can't find an Aragorn to put him out of his misery.
That's pretty good! I never thought of that analogy.

Old 03-18-2017, 12:05 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Not even close. LOL

Look at that video.

Would you rather be Sean Spicer or Jonathan Karl?

Spicer looks happy to me. Very happy. He enjoys his work. Why not. He's on the winning side.

Contrast that to those who supported Hillary. They are a sad, upset and triggered lot. Go on day after day like Jonathan Karl over nonsensical stuff. At least someone is paying him for it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/...reading_every/

Old 03-18-2017, 12:21 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post

When he was reading about how some guy on Fox said the Brits did it, Spicer reminded me of a teenager trying to explain what he's doing sneaking in at 4 am.

Alas, Spicer just does not have that "gift of gab" that his boss has.

But I do think he's doing as good a job as the other folks Trump and Bannon have sent out to meet the press.

There are several women who make the rounds, rapidly repeating their key points over and over and acting like kids at the grown-ups' table.

"But what I will say," Conway is botching interviews to county newspapers now.

Haven't seen Guilliani since he announced that Trump asked him how to come up with a Muslim travel ban that didn't look like a Muslim travel ban.

Christie bopped up recently, then disappeared again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies