Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 11:23 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,904,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
Saw this on 60Minutes this evening about some churches and synagogues defying President Trumps Executive Order and harboring illegals. As a Christian that is middle of the road politically I think it's interesting because it goes against the stereotype that all Christians are right winged. I'm not sure how I feel about this at the moment but was interesting nonetheless. Link below...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsne...ion-crackdown/
Criminals will be criminals.

There is nothing middle of the road. There are MANY means for illegals to seek refuge in their own country (are you so ignorant that you do not know that churches go to other countries to provide relief?).

Spew your propaganda elsewhere. You obviously have NO clue or are deviously seeking to misinform.

Run along!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2017, 03:06 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
ms13, is just your scary boogeyman and hardly exists in the greater scheme of things.

It is just yet another red herring to distract while the racists try to make the USA White again.

delighted to see it is failing. I am delighted to welcome new arrivals to OUR nation , i am happy to see them come here raise families and enjoy a better life. And we have plenty of room, it is a very large nation and not too populated compared to much of the world.

I will use my influence, and monies to keep people coming here.
MS-13 hardly exists? Really? Where do you live? Tell that to those of us who live in my area. Tell that to the family whose son got gunned down at the school bus stop by these gang members because he wouldn't join the gang. Tell that to my family out in LI were many atrocities by MS-13 have been committed.

"Make the USA white again"? Where do you get this stuff? The USA has never been all white

We, as a nation, welcome legal immigrants. When one considers how long it took them to come here and how many hoops they had to jump through, I hold them in great respect.

Illegal aliens, no matter where in the world they come from, no matter how they got here (sneaking across a border or overstaying a visa) have no business here and are not welcome. They all need to leave.

We have plenty of room? All those empty spaces you see are not all on buildable land. Many don't have enough natural resources to support large populations. Those random homes you see in the middle of the desert have to have potable water trucked in for them.

You realize that we allow in 1 million legal immigrants per year into this country, correct? That number is not indefinitely sustainable as we don't have unlimited potable water or buildable land.

When you say you will use your "influence and monies to keep people coming here" I hope you mean by using the legal route. Otherwise, you would be aiding and abetting criminal activities.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:08 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I agree with this.
You agree with amnesty for millions of illegals? Why should we amnesty lawbreakers? Amnesty for illegals is a slap in the face to those who came here legally---are you okay with that?

Old 05-23-2017, 03:13 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You agree with amnesty for millions of illegals? Why should we amnesty lawbreakers? Amnesty for illegals is a slap in the face to those who came here legally---are you okay with that?
You are never going to deport millions. Every person caught get their day in court. So what this would do is clog the courts for decades.

No, you have to do things to get people to leave on their own. Go after the employers.

Old 05-23-2017, 03:18 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Meh...... How many illegals can a church possibly hide?
Fact is, there are far, far too many illegal aliens living in the US. Some of them may survive the Trump presidency and remain in the US.
But most will be leaving.
Doubtful.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:01 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,567,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
How many are you personally housing for free in YOUR home? Have you tossed open your doors to all comers? No? Why not, it's the "christian thing to do"...
This is the most tired argument that anti-immigration people make. Opening up the country and opening up a house are, obviously, two completely different concepts. You haven't open up your house; he hasn't opened up his. Are immigrants knocking on your door and asking to come in? If not, it is a completely moot argument that you're making.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:08 PM

1,073 posts, read 622,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Criminals will be criminals.

There is nothing middle of the road. There are MANY means for illegals to seek refuge in their own country (are you so ignorant that you do not know that churches go to other countries to provide relief?).

Spew your propaganda elsewhere. You obviously have NO clue or are deviously seeking to misinform.

Run along!
LOL ok?

Old 05-23-2017, 04:26 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,099,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeminoleTom View Post
Saw this on 60Minutes this evening about some churches and synagogues defying President Trumps Executive Order and harboring illegals. As a Christian that is middle of the road politically I think it's interesting because it goes against the stereotype that all Christians are right winged. I'm not sure how I feel about this at the moment but was interesting nonetheless. Link below...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsne...ion-crackdown/
This is OK because we now live in a theocracy, or because you hate Trump?

Old 05-23-2017, 07:15 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
This is the most tired argument that anti-immigration people make. Opening up the country and opening up a house are, obviously, two completely different concepts. You haven't open up your house; he hasn't opened up his. Are immigrants knocking on your door and asking to come in? If not, it is a completely moot argument that you're making.
Here's the absolute failure of your knee jerk response. Nowhere did I state I was "anti-immigration". Anti-ILLEGAL immigration yes, absolutely it must stop.
Nice try at warping what was said...

Old 05-23-2017, 07:32 PM

410 posts, read 398,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
So the country should adopt a policy to keep illegals when you, an advocate of such policy, wouldn't house one in YOUR home?
Only if virtue-signaling from the confinement of a comfortable home was an Olympic sport ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies