Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2017, 03:39 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swayalot View Post
8 years, since the Dems have no clue how to beat Trump in an election campaign.
Scandals don't work.
that's a pretty strong statement based on a single election, involving collusion by a foreign enemy, in which he lost the popular vote by millions of votes and won on a handful of votes in just a few states based on the vagaries of the electoral college, immediately following the director of the FBI discussing investigation of his opponent which turned out to be baseless, while concealing the fact that there was simultaneously an investigation of him and his campaign proceeding full steam ahead.

You seriously think all of those stars will line up a second time? That is of course assuming he's even still in office to run for reelection
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2017, 04:14 PM

10,765 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
that's a pretty strong statement based on a single election, involving collusion by a foreign enemy, in which he lost the popular vote by millions of votes and won on a handful of votes in just a few states based on the vagaries of the electoral college, immediately following the director of the FBI discussing investigation of his opponent which turned out to be baseless, while concealing the fact that there was simultaneously an investigation of him and his campaign proceeding full steam ahead.

You seriously think all of those stars will line up a second time? That is of course assuming he's even still in office to run for reelection
Well I see no stars lining up for the Democrats, as their collusion scandal continues to be reliant on FLYNN instead of President Trump. Desperate.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:17 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,369,132 times
Would you?? Maybe her full-full-sized woman hand missed his tiny baby hand.

Old 05-23-2017, 04:49 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,899 times
It's obvious that the touch of the POTUS makes her skin crawl. Poor Donald, he did not know that the attraction was only the money.

Old 05-23-2017, 05:31 PM

716 posts, read 539,890 times
you are a bunch of dilberts- understand that POTUS is ALWAYS the first thru doors etc- watch again - he's was making sure she was there = you left wing libs just can't stand it can't you?

this is so much fun watching you melt down everyday

Old 05-23-2017, 05:37 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikoolu View Post
you are a bunch of dilberts- understand that POTUS is ALWAYS the first thru doors etc- watch again - he's was making sure she was there = you left wing libs just can't stand it can't you?

this is so much fun watching you melt down everyday
you don't get it, do you? We are the ones who are enjoying seeing the GOP snowflakes melt any time someone says anything negative about Trump. For those of us who don't believe he's above reproach no matter what he says or does, there is unlimited fodder for comment. For those who stomp their foot like Rumplestiltskin about to send himself through the floor, well, it must be a very frustrating time.

Old 05-23-2017, 05:44 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Libs are really obsessing over this video? Are none of you married, you don't recognize this for what it is? This is one of those non-verbal gestures married couples do. This was Trump saying you there and Melania touching him to let him know she was there.

I thought it was touching. You folks on the left really need to try to control your inner weirdness when it comes to Trump. Your hatred has become so virulent it's impossible to take any of you seriously anymore.

Old 05-23-2017, 05:48 PM

18,103 posts, read 15,676,604 times
At least it's on video and no one can claim it didn't actually occur. Body language experts (non-partisan, mind you) have a field day watching these kinds of exchanges. I saw signs that indicated some contempt by Melania along with general resistance. Studies have indicated 93% of communication is nonverbal with body language comprising 55% of that and tone of voice comprising the other 38%.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-st...-a7750871.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.3189303

Old 05-23-2017, 05:59 PM

6,611 posts, read 3,675,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
It's interesting that Trump's fans don't expect any better of the First Lady and don't demand she step into a role she swore she wanted. They don't care that she lied to them or that her husband lies to them all the time. They don't care that she isn't living in the W.H. They don't care that she is choosing to stay in NYC, and having separate security there is costing multiple extra millions every month to taxpayers, all because she can't stand him and doesn't want to be where he is. He plays more golf than any other president, but they don't care (they cared when the last prez did it though). The double-standard is quite striking.

And on top of that, each plan the Trumpster puts out screws the middle class and the poor and those heading into their senior years. The very groups Trump promised to take care of and fairly. They don't care nor seem to notice they're getting screwed over. They think this is "Making America Great Again," to provide more for the wealthy in the country and give them the best breaks. So many fooled, conned and cheering for more of the same.
They support him, no matter what. 🤔 They act like they have been hypnotized. 😈 I don't know if they just cannot admit they have been proven wrong, or what? They choose to pretend that the Drump marriage is fine, when it is clearly not. Then, they refuse to watch the honest news that explains what is actually going on. Now, are these people just as delusional, having the same traits as their leader, or what? It's unbelievable.

Old 05-23-2017, 06:10 PM

18,103 posts, read 15,676,604 times
There's a guy at work, a contractor, who is part of a small group that eats lunch together once or twice a week. He's a rabid republican. Deep southern type who's into guns (and lots of 'em) and has no respect for people who are different. Hates everything.

If politics ever comes up it's UGLY. I made the grave error of asking him and another person at lunch "how about this Comey firing...that's big news" this was a day or so after that exploded. He started on a rant about liberals and started attacking and it got ugly and fast. He was rapid-firing questions at me as if I should be able to answer, "well why did the liberals do this, that or the other thing...how do you know it isn't all made up?" I kept saying, "I have no idea, I just saw it on the news." "Oh you have no idea, do you? You just saw it on the news? And you believe it???" He would not stop attacking until the other friend said she was going to break up this lunch if we didn't stop. The thing is, I'm Independent and pretty close to center and am not extreme in either direction. This was no discussion, it was an outright ranting attack. And the look in his eyes...it was like a switch had been flipped and he went into pure hatred fighting mode.

That kind of behavior I do not need.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies