Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2017, 06:53 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,108,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When will the vast people of these nations, including ours, see that we are being drawn deep into a Holy War. One that will never be won from behind. Being passive with warriors never works. You get your head cut off.
Commuting crimes against humanity to stop a crime against humanity is not the solution. We cannot ban regions and carry out mass deportations of all Muslims. We need to find a middle ground. I prefer true liberty over fake security.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:53 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yes, it is. I wouldn't want to end up in a heaven with only boring white people. But let's not turn this tragic event into a partisan issue. Extremists come in all flavors.

There will be many families devastated by this attack and I doubt if they care what the motive was, only that they lost a child.
I doubt you are correct.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:56 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
There's nothing we can do. It's imponderable. It's just a fact of daily living in a city. Everyone should just get used to it.
It is NOT a "fact of daily living in a city", or this would be happening on a daily basis. Thankfully, that's not the case.

And there are things which our security services and elected officials can do, even if there is little we can do, ourselves, other than to increase our awareness of common tactics on the part of those evil people who conceive and carry out such atrocities, and learn how to protect ourselves in emergencies.

I have no intention of "just getting used to it". That would be to give the victory to terrorism.

"Keep calm, and carry on" served Britain very well during the Blitz. It's still a very pertinent motto.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 05-22-2017 at 07:31 PM..

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Terribly sad. It is so hard trying to explain this to my 9 year old daughter. My wife just took her to see Taylor Swift for her birthday last year. I want her to be cautious but I don't want her to fear going to an event. Grab your kids tonight and hold them tight. While you are doing that think about, wish or pray for the people that lost their children tonight due to a cowardly act.

589 posts, read 381,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Commuting crimes against humanity to stop a crime against humanity is not the solution. We cannot ban regions and carry out mass deportations of all Muslims. We need to find a middle ground. I prefer true liberty over fake security.
You don't seem to get it - there is no middle ground with barbarians and lunatics. Ask those grieving parents tonight how they feel about "true liberty".

Old 05-22-2017, 06:57 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
At this point I'm not sure how much can be done to prevent more attacks that isn't already being done. Most Muslims have views that are not mainstream with the majority of people in the West but only 1% engage in violence for religious reasons. You could deport potential Islamic terrorist but then create a culture where young Muslim men feel alienated and are more likely to attack. Most terrorist wannabes are too dumb or scared to do much damage, many get caught before attacking. Every now and then you have someone dedicated and well trained that can pull off a major league attack like 9/11, London, Paris, Madrid, Mumbai, etc and kill a lot of people. I suspect we'll find out this attacker came from Syria and had combat experience.

Old 05-22-2017, 06:58 PM

4,795 posts, read 4,824,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liars Poker View Post
You can't reason with an enemy willing to blow itself up in the name of a religion mired in the 6th century.

An eye for an eye.
Nothing a well aimed nuke won't fix

12,566 posts, read 10,620,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yeah like that will stop terror attacks.
It might slow it down though.

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump went soft in Saudi Arabia. He would not even say "radical Islamic terrorism". He was totally wuss, curtsying and leading from behind. If Trump were serious about ISIS he would not be talking to the people who fund it. I' m not saying this attack, if it is one, is a direct result of his trip, but I bet my boots that ISIS is planning something to coincide with the trip. That Trump went spaghetti noodle with the Muslims make him look all the more ridiculous.

Why the lie?

Old 05-22-2017, 07:00 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Yes, it is. I wouldn't want to end up in a heaven with only boring white people. But let's not turn this tragic event into a partisan issue. Extremists come in all flavors.

There will be many families devastated by this attack and I doubt if they care what the motive was, only that they lost a child.
Oh, no. I think you are very wrong on this. They will care very much if their child was killed by a bunch of thug terrorists who plotted to murder children as they were given "refuge" and taxpayer support.

The death of a child is devastating, the senseless murder of a child is soul destroying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies