Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 01:05 AM

29,221 posts, read 22,414,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Nobody will give you an actual answer, because there isn't one.
Yes, there is.

The reason why the Kershners are there is because the President is a very needy person and needs his family around him the most of all. All men need their wives and children, but the corruption only begins when the First Family's personal interests take precedence over the national interest.

If his adult children give up their personal interests, along with their father, they are free to serve their nation. Many have, as warriors, advisors, messengers, envoys, and substitutes.

The only objections to the Kershners can be easily done away with, but only by them. The objections are valid, as they are over corruption.

Any democracy can fall when corrupted.

All democracies are weakened only when corruption is permitted to fester.

All democracies have little defense from corruption at the top. The infection only begins when it is allowed to infect, however, and the only medicine that cures that infection comes from within the will of those who govern us. If corruption is permitted, it infects inevitably. When it is driven out by the body, it no longer causes harm.

Since he's the President, and his party is the majority, that party has chosen to accommodate his needs rather than serve the national justice and preserve its integrity.ss

Does that mean the Kershners are corrupt? No, but their actions will display corruption if it exists. So there are some citizens who want to take prophylactic action against the possibility of infection, while others want to wait until they see the infection erupt first.

The first may be unnecessary, but only all personal affairs are transparent and in the open. The second is done at great risk to their own integrity, both as a party and as individuals, as infection always spreads, and with it, corruption always begins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2017, 06:30 AM

59,254 posts, read 27,425,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
This may be one of the things that bugs me the most about this guy.

Why do people not understand and recognize the inherent unseemliness and potential for favoritism and corruption in appointing one's own family members to government admin positions? It's called nepotism. Is that really what we're about in our Constitutional heritage?

Those two smug little *******s should not be there. They have no qualifications other than being rich kids who ride Daddy's coattails.
There have been multiples thread on the is topic.

I will answer with just 1 question:

Did you complain when Bill Clinton gave Hillary so much "authority" and "assignments"?

Somehow I DOUBT it!

Old 05-26-2017, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Hillary is still not president and I am 99.5% sure (allowing for the weirdnesses of life) that she won't be ever. She is not relevant to the discussion. This is about the Trumps.
"She is not relevant to the discussion. This is about the Trump"

Of COURSE it IS.

You just want to ignore it.

"What is good for the goose, is good for the gander"!

Old 05-26-2017, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
There is nothing about Trump or anything connected to him, that is appropriate. The hoisting of him into this office, has set civilization back at least two centuries. Having two more young cutthroats of his clan at the White House, is a minor worry, compared to the whole swath of destruction he is fomenting.
"There is nothing about Trump or anything connected to him, that is appropriate."

EXCEPT that he IS President!

Sorry you break your little bubble!

Old 05-26-2017, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
'There is no reason for Ivanka and Jared to be in the White House except to hold Trump's hand. It's obvious he can't be left alone to his own devices lest things derail even more. They are both disgusting entitled arrogant idiots who inherited all their money and position and seem to think that qualifies them to be public servants. There are no indications that in their previous lives they ever showed any interest in public good or serving the public.
Please explain why Obama needed all those czars when he had Secretaries confirmed by the Senate for all those agencies.

Old 05-26-2017, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
They got around it by saying they're part of the west wing and are unpaid advisors.
They don't belong there.
Of course, Jared is now a significant person of interest in the FBI Russian investigation, so who knows how long he will be there.

I think Ivanka will choose her daddy over Jared.
"They don't belong there."

Based on what?

Old 05-26-2017, 07:04 AM

41,995 posts, read 75,295,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Ivanka has way more qualifications running things in the real world than Hillary ever will.
Mrs. Clinton accomplished more during law school than Ivanka has in her lifetime. But Mrs. Clinton is not a part of the argument, since she no longer has a position in the administration ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Love the way Merkel looked at Ivanka as if if to say, "What is a handbag designer doing at this table?"
Ha! She has a hard time keeping a poker face, that's for sure - and it's hysterical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by functionofx View Post
Ivanka is learning from her dad to become the first female President of the United States, shouldn't she learn from the best?
LOLOLOLOL - I love the smell of sarcasm in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I would assume you were equally upset when Hillary Clinton got all involved in health care reform while she was FLOTUS.
A lot of people were, despite the fact that she was reasonably qualified to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
Where was your outrage when the Clinton's hired their daughter to run the Clinton Foundation? #SelectiveOutrage
I believe your argument was shot down earlier in the thread, but let me do it again: The Clinton Foundation is a private entity. Nevermind that Chelsea is on the board of the foundation, and is a member of the family that founded the foundation.

Old 05-26-2017, 07:09 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,064,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
This may be one of the things that bugs me the most about this guy.

Why do people not understand and recognize the inherent unseemliness and potential for favoritism and corruption in appointing one's own family members to government admin positions? It's called nepotism. Is that really what we're about in our Constitutional heritage?

They have no qualifications other than being rich kids who ride Daddy's coattails.
Can you explain to me why it is inappropriate to have people who you trust and know advising you.

Quote:
Those two smug little *******s should not be there.
This clearly shows where you are coming from. What do you really know about them?

Old 05-26-2017, 08:24 AM

18,154 posts, read 15,738,832 times
Trump telegraphed early on way before the election that he was going to put his daughter in a position of power. He was asked about cabinet picks at some point and he said he would (like to) put his daughter on the cabinet. Not fake news, he did say it.

I remember saying or writing (somewhere) that if you vote for Trump you're really putting Ivanka into office to help DT run the country and if it's not your intent to have Ivanka in the WH, then consider what Trump said and what he's going to do because he just floated it. And sure enough....there she is by his side and son-in-law too.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:44 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,119,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"She is not relevant to the discussion. This is about the Trump"

Of COURSE it IS.

You just want to ignore it.

"What is good for the goose, is good for the gander"!
If you had read the other posts I made, I was A) a teen during Hillary's healthcare thing and wasn't into politics, but may have been against it. I don't like government nepotism, cronyism, dynasties and other things that mean we don't get the best people for the job. B) Hillary is brought up everywhere to deflect deflect deflect and C) This IS about the Trump family situation. D)I didn't vote for either Hillary or Trump

I said that we can't keep just pointing fingers and say "But the Other Party" did such and such. Need to say "Stop. It's enough. We need to do better". It's hard, though, because then the "Other Party" might win. Good thing I don't belong to a party and can say it about both sides.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies