Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2017, 07:22 AM

1,204 posts, read 874,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I was wondering, can Trump legally fire Mueller?

I would believe so, that was what Nixon wanted Elliot Richardson to do (AG). He ended up finding, I believe it was the Solicitor General, who would fire Archie Cox(special prosecutor) That was what led to the Saturday Night Massacre.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:03 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,580,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I can't find a link.
Sorry, it was McMasters and I read in on Reuters. Today, I heard sound bites of him saying ' we have back channel communications with lots of countries" but I don't know on which interview he gave that sound byte.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:11 AM

51,671 posts, read 25,908,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Sorry, it was McMasters and I read in on Reuters. Today, I heard sound bites of him saying ' we have back channel communications with lots of countries" but I don't know on which interview he gave that sound byte.
Back channel communications are when lower level types handle critical negotiations.

What Kushner was setting up is not back channel communication, it is covert communication.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:11 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,580,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I don't think it's that complex. I think the whole Admin is filled with lightweights. Kushner should have stuck to buying and selling real estate.
I think you are right. I think the Trump admin, including Jared, likely sees the Russians as their 'friends' due to numerous business deals AND the fact that they HATE the American free press.

As such, Jared thinks it's perfectly ok to ask the Russians to set up a back channel for communications; he doesn't know any better and he likes the Russians pouring money into his business ventures.

He was placed in a position of power that he was nowhere near ready for. He has ZERO institutional knowledge.

Old 05-28-2017, 09:41 AM

57,410 posts, read 26,345,282 times
I have wonder if Flynn and Kushner could be that stupid to speak to the Russian Ambassador on a monitored line requesting that he set up a private line.

Old 05-28-2017, 09:54 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,331,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I have wonder if Flynn and Kushner could be that stupid to speak to the Russian Ambassador on a monitored line requesting that he set up a private line.
He may have asked the Ambassador in person. Remember, he was ushered in the back door of Trump Tower for a private meeting with Flynn and Kushner. He could have asked there or when they met at the private island meeting that was set up by Betsy DeVos' brother (the Blackwater guy). What was picked up on a monitored line was the Ambassador telling his contact in Russia about being asked by Kushner to set up a place in the embassy where he could talk directly with Putin without the U.S. intelligence agendas listening. Kushner is SO over his head!

Old 05-28-2017, 09:59 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,796,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
I was wondering, can Trump legally fire Mueller?
No, but he can tell Rosenstein to do it and fire him if he refuses.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:13 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,769,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We are all that stupid. All of our communications are monitered at all times. It's just the way things are now. Flynn and Kushner just figured that because THEY were in power that they could fly under the radar. Flynn should have been covering his tracks. Kushner is a rich pretty boy who has NO CLUE how gov works. Kushner gets a pass. Flynn doesn't. Ain't no such thing as halfway crooks - Mobb Deep.

Old 05-28-2017, 07:26 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,971,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
We are all that stupid. All of our communications are monitered at all times. It's just the way things are now. Flynn and Kushner just figured that because THEY were in power that they could fly under the radar. Flynn should have been covering his tracks. Kushner is a rich pretty boy who has NO CLUE how gov works. Kushner gets a pass. Flynn doesn't. Ain't no such thing as halfway crooks - Mobb Deep.
Nope, Kush gets his just rewards along with everyone else involved, ignorance of the law is not an excuse. I wonder if trump will allow him to remain married to Ivonka if he is a jailbird, but then again she may also face some issues of her own, after all she is working in the WH, she is married and works with her hubby and since this happened in Trump Tower where is that guy that knows everything that happens in his house. This gets more interesting every week.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:44 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,681,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Back channel communications are when lower level types handle critical negotiations.

What Kushner was setting up is not back channel communication, it is covert communication.
Exactly. If it was back channel lines of communication concerning government policy as the administration claims, then the last thing you'd do is try and end around your own intelligence agencies. You would most likely inform them so they could assist the back channellers with important information they could glean on what ever issue it was that needed to be handled, "Back Channel".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies