Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2017, 12:41 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
My biggest worry if Trump gets impeached is a right wing coup in this country and this post proves my point. Half the country loves Donald Trump and I worry about them overthrowing the Constitutional process in order to defend him.
Trump does not have 1/2 the country supporting him. It's 38% approval rating at this point -- the lowest ever in American history for a newly elected president. It will not be rising, but could go way lower.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2017, 12:44 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Dems weren't crazy over Clinton. That is why she lost. Her base did not turn out. Too bad, cause if she had won, Republicans would be having more fun accusing her of more evil deeds.

Hillary screwed up because she and Debbie Wasserman Shultz cheated Bernie Sanders and the majority of the people. Hillary is partly to blame for us being under this horrid right wing majority. It's really depressing. I voted for Hillary, for the sake of the country, but some people were not willing to do that.

Old 05-28-2017, 05:11 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,749,537 times

Old 05-28-2017, 06:08 AM

58,996 posts, read 27,284,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Trump is a billionaire. His tax plan hurts the poor, middle class and seniors. He could care less about them. He is the one who is soulless. His wife wears a 50,000 dollar coat. That's more than the majority make in a year. Read everything because he is only for the rich. Please don't be fooled by him.
"His tax plan hurts the poor, middle class and seniors. He could care less about them..."

Thank you for your very biased unsubstantiated opinion.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:12 AM

58,996 posts, read 27,284,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Trump does not have 1/2 the country supporting him. It's 38% approval rating at this point -- the lowest ever in American history for a newly elected president. It will not be rising, but could go way lower.
"It's 38% approval rating"

Polls done by the SAME people who got the election so wrong!

But, keep on citing them as a credible source.

And some on the left wonder why they has lost over 1,400 political seats, and counting, since 2009!

Old 05-28-2017, 06:15 AM

25,948 posts, read 22,102,658 times
Quote:
Since Day One, it's been one thing after another. Now we learn that Jared Kushner may have requested a secret channel to the Russians. That is treason. That's not including everything else he's done. Almost every day our couple of days, it's something else. How much longer are Americans going to let this traitor destroy this country?

I say lets prove these accusations as quick as we can and get on with the impeachment. I really think this is becoming a national emergency.
It will be a little less than 8 years and it won't be putting up with him that is the problem, but with those that still have "their panties in wad". While I realize that is uncomfortable for them, a simple tug would take care of it, and then just get on with their life.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:41 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,921,668 times
Quote:
Since Day One, it's been one thing after another. Now we learn that Jared Kushner may have requested a secret channel to the Russians. That is treason. That's not including everything else he's done. Almost every day our couple of days, it's something else. How much longer are Americans going to let this traitor destroy this country?

I say lets prove these accusations as quick as we can and get on with the impeachment. I really think this is becoming a national emergency.
While I definitely agree with much of what you've said here, personally, at this point, I think we should proceed with caution & with much thought given to how "a pending national emergency" can proactively be prevented from occurring in the future. The earliest designers of our Country did so & patterned the US Constitution with inherent protections purposely placed.

A proper vetting of a potential candidate for US President seems entirely in order. The most optimistic thing I can say about the current debacled Presidency is that it provides ample opportunities to learn from mistakes.

Old 05-28-2017, 06:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,608,641 times
Quote:
How much longer are we going to put up with Trump?

About 7-1/2 years

Old 05-28-2017, 08:20 AM

27,555 posts, read 28,641,455 times
Quote:
How much longer are Americans going to let this traitor destroy this country?
As long as the stock market keeps hitting record highs, I will gladly allow Trump to "destroy" this country all he wants.

Old 05-28-2017, 08:22 AM

16,273 posts, read 10,401,684 times
The market was doing great long before Trump was elected. Can we blame him when it tanks the way you credit him for this 4 year bull market?

It should be obvious by now that history will not be kind to President Trump. In 20, 50,100 years he will be considered one of the worst Presidents ever. His base is strong now and obviously will never waiver. However they only represent 35% of Americans and like .00001% of the population around the world. As his defenders eventually die off all that will be left will be very clear evidence of how he was viewed here and around the world. The historic low approval ratings, worldwide protests and video of him mocking the disabled and shoving aside world leaders, not to mention all the scandals, are all part of his legacy and won't ever go away
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies