Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2017, 10:04 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,472,117 times

Advertisements

Reminds me of the movie Nightcrawler

--
people, in their excitement to document a fire or traffic collision - and be the first to post the photo or video on social media - are sometimes neglecting to summon help.

"When I watch the news, I am noticing there are a lot more people using their phones to report the news, which would lead me to believe they might use that instead of calling 911 first," said Capt. Lucas Spelman of the Cal Fire/Riverside County Fire Department.

"People are very socially engaged today and want to capture those viral video clips," Bachman said. "However we strongly urge people to call 911 any time there is a threat to public safety: a situation that could result in someone being hurt or requires immediate medical aid. If you are involved in, or a witness to a potential life-or-death situation, please turn the camera off and call for help."

Frustrated police want people to call 911 first, and then film for Facebook, social media
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2017, 10:13 AM

727 posts, read 390,740 times
There was a news clip on TV last night. Some guy is filming a kayaker that was apparently knocked out of his kayak by a shark. The guy filming the shark nosing into the kayak is saying how big the shark is, how this really looks bad, how the kayaker is in deep trouble.

Then a woman standing next to him realizes what's happening and says, "Oh my god!" The guy keeps filming and narrating the attack then right at the end says, "Go call for help!"

Get the video clip first, call for help later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies