Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 08:22 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times

Advertisements

Even children know when they are being conned. Their future is being jeopardized by a Republican agenda that will steal their future and leave them with nothing but a hole that they will need to dig out of.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:24 AM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
8th graders are self centered, social media addicts who couldn't care less about current events and I would bet before they met Ryan the majority couldn't pick the Speaker of the House out of a line-up. I'd also bet most don't know the name of the vice president, their state representative, or could find Afghanistan on the map. If you are a parent or have been a parent, you know young teens just aren't into politics.

And the Press and the parents proud of their children protesting want us to believe these kids all decided by themselves not to take a picture with the man who is third in the line of succession to the President?

Rudeness has become the norm. Lack of respect has become celebrated. Intolerance and hatred rule the day. Even for 13 year olds.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:28 AM

24,498 posts, read 17,239,538 times
The mantra of the Left when they introduce new ideas and policy is "It is all for the children"

Well bravo for these parents and teachers to push their political agenda on to their kids and use them to promote it.

How low will the Left stoop. They are teaching their kids to have very narrow fearful minds.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:31 AM

345 posts, read 250,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
8th graders are self centered, social media addicts who couldn't care less about current events and I would bet before they met Ryan the majority couldn't pick the Speaker of the House out of a line-up. I'd also bet most don't know the name of the vice president, their state representative, or could find Afghanistan on the map. If you are a parent or have been a parent, you know young teens just aren't into politics.

And the Press and the parents proud of their children protesting want us to believe these kids all decided by themselves not to take a picture with the man who is third in the line of succession to the President?

Rudeness has become the norm. Lack of respect has become celebrated. Intolerance and hatred rule the day. Even for 13 year olds.
Good post.

That sounds true to me. The children are merely acting as agents for the parents.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:37 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
When I was in the eighth grade the president had just resigned in disgrace and I realized those who had been protesting the wars had been right.

Four dead in Ohio happened not far.

It took me many more years to understand that blind partisanship was the problem.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:38 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
My husband and I differ a lot on politics. Our 14 year old son agrees with each of us on some things and has some more progressive views than either of us in some areas. I've talked to many of his friends about politics also.

Those of you who don't send much time with kids of this age might be surprised by how engaged many of them are.
Obviously, many do not. I grew up listen to politics being argued in my house - all sides. We had Republicans, compassionate republicans, Democrats, etc.

If the kids grow up listening to politics - then they are likely interested. They aren't ALL focused on sexting and video games.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:40 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
My husband and I differ a lot on politics. Our 14 year old son agrees with each of us on some things and has some more progressive views than either of us in some areas. I've talked to many of his friends about politics also.

Those of you who don't send much time with kids of this age might be surprised by how engaged many of them are.
As as a librarian in a prosperus and very liberal city who spends the bulk of the week working with hundreds of teens I would be shocked. Most kids don't even understand the difference between the Senate and the House. They couldn't tell you who their Senators were, who their Rep was or even which Congressional district they live in.

To pretend they know Paul Ryan is preposterous. These are kids who are just reflecting their parent's attitudes.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:42 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
About half of over 200 middle school students, from a New Jersey 8th grade class, refused to pose for a photo with Ryan during a school trip to Washington, DC.

Some of the reasons:

Middle schoolers refuse to pose with Paul Ryan during photo op | New York Post

Middle Schoolers Refuse Photo with Paul Ryan

N.J. middle school students refuse to take photo with Paul Ryan - NY Daily News
Translation: half the kids parents told them not to take a picture with Ryan or any Republican.

Fine with me.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:46 AM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times
Snowflakes being 'empowered,' or should I say being brain washed, by loony parents and their stupid agendas.

Just take the darned picture and stop trying to be viral heroes.

Jeezus why do people make things soooo complicated in life?

Old 05-29-2017, 08:49 AM

2,921 posts, read 1,986,113 times
New Jersey? That explains it. Liberal Democrat teachers and/or parents are behind this. Not that I'm a Paul Ryan fan, can't stand him, and wouldn't want a picture with him either, but this was clearly led by adults for the children to refuse to have their picture taken with the House Speaker. When I was that age I would have considered it a great privilege regardless of the politician's party affiliation was. The lack of respect these days is astounding. Bad parenting and bad teaching in some cases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies