Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2017, 09:23 AM

18,462 posts, read 7,094,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So still no answer to the question?
Just because you didn't like the answer doesn't make it invalid.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:24 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Just because you didn't like the answer doesn't make it invalid.
Still not going to answer? A non answer is an answer.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:29 AM

3,500 posts, read 2,789,459 times
These students are exercising their right to free speech. Every freedom loving American should support them no matter what their views.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:31 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I love this story.

My son's eighth grade class just went to DC. But the majority of the boys came back with MAGA hats or shirts. Our family is in the minority here with our politics.

Good for those kids for standing up for their beliefs.
Let's be honest about this, you mean their parents and teachers beliefs. I'd love to see the group sat down and quizzed about the basis of "their beliefs" and what they really know.

My bet is they're just being parrots like many young people nowadays...

Old 05-30-2017, 09:38 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Let's be honest about this, you mean their parents and teachers beliefs. I'd love to see the group sat down and quizzed about the basis of "their beliefs" and what they really know.

My bet is they're just being parrots like many young people nowadays...
I covered this. No one had to teach my daughter that what Trump said was offensive and wrong. Now yes, this is about Ryan but I recall asking my mom about countries with UHC in my teens. I do not recall the exact age.

I can remember a kid doing a report on Kent State in Jr High.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMANDTHOM View Post
Is your comprehension off again this morning. To compare a 7 year old to 8th graders is absurd, but you often are a master at absurdity.

Its 8th graders meaning around 13-14 years old. I would hope they have been doing some reading and thinking by this time.
Bawwww hawwww hawwww hawwww. Yeah, thinking and reading about sports,the opposite sex,fakebook,twitter,sports,food,TV,movies,makeup, music,clothes and yeah sure, they've really delved into politics and history.

Lovely group of parrots! Their parents should be so proud they've memorized the script so well, bet they get an A in the class...

Old 05-30-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I covered this. No one had to teach my daughter that what Trump said was offensive and wrong. Now yes, this is about Ryan but I recall asking my mom about countries with UHC in my teens. I do not recall the exact age.

I can remember a kid doing a report on Kent State in Jr High.
C'mon, really? After reading all of your various posts on here and how really vocal you are I've got to tell you that I HIGHLY doubt your child is ignorant of your very,very clear views on things. As for your book report, how long ago were you in Jr. High, 20 + years or so?

You are aware things have very radically changed (to the left) since then right?

Old 05-30-2017, 09:46 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
A right ? Is this not a forum for discussing topics ? It was my opinion. Obviously yours is different. It's okay, to share different opinions. Please carry on with your day.
I think you understood what I meant and you are being deliberately obtuse.

As a somewhat related aside, I view the negative impression of children stating their opinions on political issues to be related to the continuing infantilization of our youth. Years and years ago, teens were expected to be educated on current events and issues and be able to intelligently discuss them. Now, as with so many other things related to childrearing, you are looked at askance if you dare show you have a brain in your head and a trace of independent thought.

Old 05-30-2017, 09:48 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
These students are exercising their right to free speech. Every freedom loving American should support them no matter what their views.
They should but they won't. These people have enough problems with grown adults using their freedom of speech let alone middle schoolers. Just another display of the hypocrisy of some "patriots."

Old 05-30-2017, 09:48 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,113,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
What if Middle schoolers refused to pose with Hillary Clinton back when she was on Obama's cabinet. Would you be upset with them to???????
I would have been proud of them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies