Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 10:05 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

I'm all for greatly reducing US involvement overseas.

I appreciate the people posting here that have stayed consistent on the topic no matter if it's an (R) or (D) in the Whitehouse because we have too many that only care to the extent that they can use it as a political weapon.

Old 05-29-2017, 10:41 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
No. They are there to keep the subjugated territory in line.... All Empires need to keep their captured nations in check

Old 05-29-2017, 10:58 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Good Grief, there would be no ISIS had we stayed out of Iraq and not messed around in Syria, with Afghanistan we had a reason, that is where the terrorist operated out of that attacked us, Iraq was no big supporter of terror other than Saddam's homegrown version on his own people and little old Kuwait. Don't give me that they are fighting to keep terrorists from coming here, they do not need to fight and die for generations to come to keep that from happening. Oh, and as an Infantry Soldier myself, I can assure you that you can keep rotating people into combat zones for only so long, heck many have left because it has worn them out, I know several that have left for just that reason. Wars and more wars are not solving the issue and as such a different approach needs to be taken, but first we need to Leave, there is no valid reason to stay. Besides, isn't that why Trump armed the SA's and Kurds, so that they can deal with their own issues? We just need to leave, if for no other reason but those that have to fight these wars.
You are very wise

Old 05-30-2017, 01:41 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Nope

Old 05-30-2017, 05:39 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
No, but they are serving their nation and following the lawful orders of our elected reps. It's just too bad our elected reps think so little of the loyalty and dedication of our armed forces.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:35 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,995 times
Fighting them on so many fronts keeps the war over there and not here.

How did ISIS get all that equipment? We made this $110 Billion deal with SA is that going to arm ISIS? We shouldn't trust them to take care of this on there own, we need to keep a presence.

I hear of all the tours our troops have done, weren't you supposed to do one tour? Our troops should get a severance pay for every tour beyond their first.

This has dragged on long enough and I would like them to come home but they are keeping us safe by fighting.

Congress needs to stop having a recess and spend that time solely on finding funding and a way to fight Terrorism domestic and abroad.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:02 AM

39,232 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post

I hear of all the tours our troops have done, weren't you supposed to do one tour? Our troops should get a severance pay for every tour beyond their first.

agreed

This said, I don't think the war on terror has anything to do with our "freedom." In all fairness and in all honesty, they are supposed to be fighting for the men standing next to them, fight for their own freedom and fight for staying safe and coming home to the people love them.

Why do they need to fight for somebody elses' freedom?

Old 05-30-2017, 07:04 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I dont consider myself any safer because those poor soldiers are obeying bad orders.
Do you think humans are peaceful animals? How naive are you?

Just read the bible. It says clearly there will not be peace on Earth until Christ returns to judge the living and the dead.

The only thing Christians can do on this Earth is work hard and fight hard to create their own place of peace and goodwill towards men.

But the godless, evil liberals want to spoil what we have built by importing the violence here to our country.

Can't you see that? It's pretty plain.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:09 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Do you think humans are peaceful animals? How naive are you?

Just read the bible. It says clearly there will not be peace on Earth until Christ returns to judge the living and the dead.

The only thing Christians can do on this Earth is work hard and fight hard to create their own place of peace and goodwill towards men.

But the godless, evil liberals want to spoil what we have built by importing the violence here to our country.

Can't you see that? It's pretty plain.
Then you keep the terrorists out of our country, what on earth has that got to with us fighting and dying in Iraq for decades?

Old 05-30-2017, 07:13 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Then you keep the terrorists out of our country, what on earth has that got to with us fighting and dying in Iraq for decades?
Maybe nothing. Probably nothing.

But there will always be war whether we are in it or not. Do you think for a minute this country is going to sit out a war? Who do you think pulls the strings?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies