Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2017, 07:29 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,017,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Our troops are fighting and dying....to protect us. Our freedoms are not under assault..at least..not outside of our borders. But, keep in mind..I think the Patriot Act is an assault upon our freedoms.

When a soldier gives his/her oath, they place their life in trust..that it may be spent wisely by those in power.
Sometimes that trust is broken..but that's not the soldier's fault.

Our armed forces have prevented deaths--foiled terrorist plots..exacted revenge for attacks.

Let us not forget..that by their very existence..our military keeps us safe.

Our existence as a free nation and our unique way of life does depend upon the willingness of us to defend it.

Those who think otherwise should read a bit more history.....I am a decorated Vietnam combat vet...and, yes, I know that Vietnam was a fool's war..conceived by idiots.
But that in no way diminishes the sacrifice of those brave men and women who entrusted their lives to this country.

Other nations take notice though...and we may never know how many conflicts were avoided..because we have a strong military..and an armed populace.

So you guys can spout your Realpolitik...denigrate the motives of those who move and shake.
It gives me a warm feeling inside..because, in a very small way, I helped purchase your right to do so.

Perhaps you might like to read this..........
Vietnam Veterans Appreciation Speech

Old 05-29-2017, 07:29 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
No, they are no longer defending this Nation, my generation was not back in Vietnam and we have not done so except maybe with Afghanistan and we should have done our business and left. We need to get out of the ME, completely. Let them deal with their own problems, work them out or kill each other off, their choice. We do not even need their oil any longer so why are we there, Israel, no ME country is dumb enough to attack them, it would be suicide, so why are we there, we cause more problems for them and ourselves for being there. I have yet to hear one Politician publically give a good reason we are still all over the ME, the only two I know for sure that would get us out are Sanders and Paul and neither is in a position to do squat. Start holding our Reps accountable, write them, vote for or against them as needed, but Bring Our Troops Home.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:43 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
NOPE, true reform of our immigration and visa entry/exit programs would be the place to start.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:45 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,170,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
I dont consider myself any safer because those poor soldiers are obeying bad orders.
Soldiers are dying to maintain your Life-Style and Standard of Living.

Live it up and enjoy!

Old 05-29-2017, 07:45 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,446,414 times
I would be lying if I said I respect my government or the US military. I do not. All we are doing is making the same mistakes over and over again. The officials know this but because of greed people are dying all over the ME.

Does anyone ever think about why we never win? Why it never stops?

It's not meant to.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Soldiers are dying to maintain your Life-Style and Standard of Living.

Live it up and enjoy!
Please explain how they are supporting peoples lifestyle with their lives?

Old 05-29-2017, 09:09 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,798,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
We have a very bloated military.

We could cut it down by half and still have the most powerful in the world.

I do believe in a strong military, for the very good reasons you cite, but what we have right now is beyond ridiculous.
I don't think it's as bloated as many think that it is. You have certain MOS's (jobs) that are stretched so thin. We're talking ALWAYS gone for training, schools and deployments. Before my husband even left for his last deployment, his next deployment was already on the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
I think we're in the wrong thread because I'm too sickened and disgusted to comment to any of the other posters in this thread.

We really are worlds apart.
I think so too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
No, they are no longer defending this Nation, my generation was not back in Vietnam and we have not done so except maybe with Afghanistan and we should have done our business and left. We need to get out of the ME, completely. Let them deal with their own problems, work them out or kill each other off, their choice. We do not even need their oil any longer so why are we there, Israel, no ME country is dumb enough to attack them, it would be suicide, so why are we there, we cause more problems for them and ourselves for being there. I have yet to hear one Politician publically give a good reason we are still all over the ME, the only two I know for sure that would get us out are Sanders and Paul and neither is in a position to do squat. Start holding our Reps accountable, write them, vote for or against them as needed, but Bring Our Troops Home.
How are they no longer defending our nation while fighting a common enemy overseas?
Did you miss that we have had to send more troops back to Iraq because of the mess it is since we left because of ISIS?

Old 05-29-2017, 09:51 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
No they are not. No soldier has died defending our freedoms since WWII.
F u

Old 05-29-2017, 09:56 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,459,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
For Mr or Ms Anonymous, if we stayed out of the ME, we wouldn't have any civilian blood on our hands.

How many times do I need to type that every time we drop a bomb over there, we are recruiting for ISIS.
Agreed.

Old 05-29-2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
I don't think it's as bloated as many think that it is. You have certain MOS's (jobs) that are stretched so thin. We're talking ALWAYS gone for training, schools and deployments. Before my husband even left for his last deployment, his next deployment was already on the books.

I think so too.

How are they no longer defending our nation while fighting a common enemy overseas?
Did you miss that we have had to send more troops back to Iraq because of the mess it is since we left because of ISIS?
Good Grief, there would be no ISIS had we stayed out of Iraq and not messed around in Syria, with Afghanistan we had a reason, that is where the terrorist operated out of that attacked us, Iraq was no big supporter of terror other than Saddam's homegrown version on his own people and little old Kuwait. Don't give me that they are fighting to keep terrorists from coming here, they do not need to fight and die for generations to come to keep that from happening. Oh, and as an Infantry Soldier myself, I can assure you that you can keep rotating people into combat zones for only so long, heck many have left because it has worn them out, I know several that have left for just that reason. Wars and more wars are not solving the issue and as such a different approach needs to be taken, but first we need to Leave, there is no valid reason to stay. Besides, isn't that why Trump armed the SA's and Kurds, so that they can deal with their own issues? We just need to leave, if for no other reason but those that have to fight these wars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies