Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 09:21 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times

Advertisements

While Trump's overall approval rating isn't quite in the sewer yet, it's getting close. A few more bombshells and it will get there. Republicans, however, have not budged since he was inaugurated. This is still an overwhelmingly popular President among his base. Among historical popularity of Presidents with their own party, Trump probably has one of the highest. The fact that his approval among Democrats and Independents is near record low for any President is why his overall popularity is tanking. I really think that his approval would have to get down to around 50% with Republicans before the "I" word can be taken seriously, no matter what he does.

What do you think would have to happen to get his approval rating down into the 50-60% range among Republicans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2017, 09:44 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,787 times
When he wins again in 2020, and you can't figure out why, I want you to remember to revisit this thread for the answer.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
When he wins again in 2020, and you can't figure out why, I want you to remember to revisit this thread for the answer.
The wildcard is independents. There is a good chance Trump will do much worse among independents in 2020, even if he gets the same Republican turnout. Doing so will swing a few close states and that will be enough to deny him re-election.

Trump would have to do a serious 180 in how he is governing and be cleared of all accusations to regain the independent vote he had in 2016..

Old 05-31-2017, 09:59 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,623,896 times
Quote:
Then there will be no need to revisit this thread. I bet he won't even run in 2020.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Then there will be no need to revisit this thread. I bet he won't even run in 2020.
If he makes it that far, he won't have the ego to step down. That's a big "if he makes it that far." Then the question really becomes what happens when he loses, which barring a 180 turnaround is an absolute certainty. Will Trump and his supporters be as graceful through the peaceful transition of power as Obama was transitioning into Trump?

Old 05-31-2017, 10:06 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,770,186 times
Trump is really miserable. He is hating life.

I'm not sure he'll run again.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:14 PM

736 posts, read 353,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
If he makes it that far, he won't have the ego to step down. That's a big "if he makes it that far." Then the question really becomes what happens when he loses, which barring a 180 turnaround is an absolute certainty. Will Trump and his supporters be as graceful through the peaceful transition of power as Obama was transitioning into Trump?
If when ever that happens. You Democrats will get exactly what you been serving Trump for the last couple months. This won't be over when Trump is long gone.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:16 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,780,658 times
Quote:
Republicans love people who commit treason. That's the very obvious answer.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:19 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Republicans love people who commit treason. That's the very obvious answer.
If that were true, Hillary would have won.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:19 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
While Trump's overall approval rating isn't quite in the sewer yet, it's getting close. A few more bombshells and it will get there. Republicans, however, have not budged since he was inaugurated. This is still an overwhelmingly popular President among his base. Among historical popularity of Presidents with their own party, Trump probably has one of the highest. The fact that his approval among Democrats and Independents is near record low for any President is why his overall popularity is tanking. I really think that his approval would have to get down to around 50% with Republicans before the "I" word can be taken seriously, no matter what he does.

What do you think would have to happen to get his approval rating down into the 50-60% range among Republicans?
100 percent of Republicans could love the guy, but they are only 38% of the country. If the rest hate him, it really doesn't matter. He's losing support in general all over the country.

I think if he goes with Bannon as opposed to most of the country and 25 heavy hitter companies (including Exxon and Apple) and pulls out of the Paris agreement, it will hurt him very badly.

Companies are not going to play ball and provide jobs in the US to help Trump out if they think he is destroying the country.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...-is-shrinking/

POLL: President Donald Trump slipping, Governor Rick Snyder improving - WXYZ.com

New Vanderbilt poll shows confidence in president Trump slipping in Tennessee | WMOT

Poll: Trump's support slipping among Republicans, white voters, men | TheHill

Elon poll shows Trump support slipping - News - The Fayetteville Observer - Fayetteville, NC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies