Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 03:34 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,130 times

Advertisements

The source of this rumour is the Twitter conspiracy theorist and I monitor what she and pal claim.

Current claims are that a sealed indictment against Trump exists from the NY attorney general. Why it is not unsealed is beyond me.

I think it is safe to say these particular claims are false, however I do believe the NY AG is up to something.

Donald Trump Indictment: N.Y. Attorney General Reportedly Brought RICO Charges For Trump’s Russian Mob Ties
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2017, 03:37 AM

421 posts, read 288,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
The source of this rumour is the Twitter conspiracy theorist and I monitor what she and pal claim.

Current claims are that a sealed indictment against Trump exists from the NY attorney general. Why it is not unsealed is beyond me.

I think it is safe to say these particular claims are false, however I do believe the NY AG is up to something.

Donald Trump Indictment: N.Y. Attorney General Reportedly Brought RICO Charges For Trump’s Russian Mob Ties

One very important reason is that it's can't be verified.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:10 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
I'll wait and see what Schneiderman does. He's certainly gone after trump in the past, so it's plausible things are being worked on now. He forced the shutdown of Trump's "charitable" foundation in NY and was investigating him for that.

Old 05-30-2017, 04:22 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
I've read her posts as well on twitter. She makes a LOT of claims, but separates things she calls theories, from things she states are facts.

Her theories are often wild.

Her facts though....she has gotten enough of those right to indicate that she has a inside source. Not 100% mind you, but far more then random chance. This RICO thing has been going on for a while, and she states that they are based on facts, not her theories. So its worth watching, specifically because the RICO stuff cannot be pardoned by the president. But I would caution anyone from reading too much into it. Because her facts are sometimes wrong as well.

50/50 she has stated something that will pan out. Which given the specificity of her claims is very impressive and indicates she has a inside source. But its not something I think of as absolutely factual, and I would caution others about that.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:26 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
I would expect NY to bring the POTUS down. He has the majority of his business there. His son-in -law also has a major funding problem going on there.

Follow the money. In the POTUS case it is dirty.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:42 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
There's motive here. The Hillary-loving Eric Schneiderman deeply wants to be governor of NY. He will do anything to smear Trump to endear himself to the moneymen of the Democratic party

Old 05-30-2017, 06:09 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
There's motive here. The Hillary-loving Eric Schneiderman deeply wants to be governor of NY. He will do anything to smear Trump to endear himself to the moneymen of the Democratic party
Get real, NY AG Schneiderman is doing the job NYers expect him to do, prosecuting swindlers, fraud, con & bs artists ...

Quote:
Statement By A.G. Schneiderman On $25 Million Settlement Agreement Reached In Trump University Case

NEW YORK – Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman issued the following statement on the $25 million settlement agreement reached in Trump University case:

In 2013, my office sued Donald Trump for swindling thousands of innocent Americans out of ​millions of dollars through a scheme known as Trump University. Donald Trump fought us every step of the way, filing baseless charges and fruitless appeal​s​ and refusing to settle for even modest amounts of compensation for the victims of his phony university. Today, that all changes. Today's $25 million settlement agreement is a stunning reversal by Donald Trump and a major victory for the over 6,000 victims of his fraudulent university.

I am pleased that under the terms of this settlement, every victim will receive restitution and that Donald Trump will pay up to $1 million in penalties to the State of New York for violating state education laws. The victims of Trump University have waited years for today's result and I am pleased that their patience--and persistence--will be rewarded by this $25 million settlement.
https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/stat...ump-university

Old 05-30-2017, 07:54 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Get real, NY AG Schneiderman is doing the job NYers expect him to do, prosecuting swindlers, fraud, con & bs artists ...

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/stat...ump-university
Exactly.

Anyone think Bernie Madoff should still be out swindling?

Old 05-30-2017, 08:02 AM

7,271 posts, read 4,214,344 times
why isn't he going after the NY FED and big banks that are literally ripping off taxpayers for billions ?

Old 05-30-2017, 09:14 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
I would expect NY to bring the POTUS down. He has the majority of his business there. His son-in -law also has a major funding problem going on there.

Follow the money. In the POTUS case it is dirty.
We'll see. Until such a time as an actual indictment is put forth or charges are actually proffered this will be filed as just another B.S. story for the desperate to follow...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies