Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2017, 09:15 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,550,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueFreak View Post
Then it was even less anyone's business. I don't remember any whining when Pelosi and Schumer met Russian Diplomats.
From Session's confirmation hearing:

SEN. AL FRANKEN: "If there was any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this (2016) campaign, what would you do?," the Minnesota Democrat asked.

SESSIONS (under oath): "I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians."

From the written questionnaire:

SEN. PATRICK J. LEAHY: Several of the President-elect's nominees or senior advisers have Russian ties. Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after election day?"
SESSIONS: No.

An Attorney General that does not answer truthfully under oath is our business. We should care. You should care.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:29 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,130 times
I thought we pretty much all knew of the Mayflower meetings.

The surprising thing I find is everyone associated with Trump has consistently failed to disclose anything associated with Russia.

There is all this business of omissions, oversights, and updating forms after being questioned by the press.

Perhaps our press should do all background checks of prospective Trump associates.

Old 06-01-2017, 12:42 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Al Franken is going to have some fun with this... Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III, meet a buzzsaw.
From Franken(stein)?

Bwaha.

Old 06-01-2017, 01:16 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zero View Post
From Session's confirmation hearing:

SEN. AL FRANKEN: "If there was any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of this (2016) campaign, what would you do?," the Minnesota Democrat asked.

SESSIONS (under oath): "I'm not aware of any of those activities. I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians."

From the written questionnaire:

SEN. PATRICK J. LEAHY: Several of the President-elect's nominees or senior advisers have Russian ties. Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after election day?"
SESSIONS: No.

An Attorney General that does not answer truthfully under oath is our business. We should care. You should care.
in the written question he was asked if he had any contact about the election before or after election day. if he didnt, regardless of whether he had contact with the russians as part of his job in the senate, then he WAS being truthful.

and franken asked if anyone affiliated with the trump campaign in the course of the campaign, what would he do. again i he didnt have comunications with the russians regarding the campaign, which was the spirit of the question, again he was being truthful.

but if there were communications about the campaign, and we know that the NSA has been recording russian phone calls, as well as phone calls between trump and other world leaders because the tapes AND the transcripts were released, where are the tapes and transcripts of those tapes? surely they would have been leaked to the press by now by obama supporters still in the system.

you libs have no evidence what so ever regarding this, and even the left wing media recognizes this.

Old 06-01-2017, 03:14 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
I thought we pretty much all knew of the Mayflower meetings.

The surprising thing I find is everyone associated with Trump has consistently failed to disclose anything associated with Russia.

There is all this business of omissions, oversights, and updating forms after being questioned by the press.

Perhaps our press should do all background checks of prospective Trump associates.
The mayflower meeting is very interesting. I don't feel like it's gotten all that much attention in MSM. But there was a lot happening there. I've read that investigators are looking into it more - should have happened long time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies