Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should homosexual activity among consenting adults be criminalized?
I believe homosexuality is sinful and should be a criminal offense 27 8.23%
I believe homosexuality is sinful but should remain legal for consenting adults 41 12.50%
I believe homosexuality is sinful and that all pro-LGBT ideas should be censored in the media, but homosexual activity itself should remain legal 16 4.88%
I believe homosexuality is acceptable and support LGBT equality 244 74.39%
Voters: 328. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 11:21 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,575,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Hmmm, it didn't seem like very many liberals were too upset about Obama's view of gay marriage before his "evolution ".
A. Wrong
B. Off topic
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 11:23 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,358,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
That's on you. I found righteousness and discipline in those words. I can't speak for you. Read if you're interested. If not, then don't read. I don't know what you want me to tell you.

I don't have all the answers in life. It's called faith.
My point was that there's no more reason to listen to them than anyone else, rendering Christianity no better at making people behave better than atheism.

Old 06-02-2017, 11:23 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,649,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I was very disappointed in his view.
Why did you continue to support Obama?

I'll tell you why, it's the same reason Christians don't storm out of the church and disavow Christianity due to some pastors' hard stance on homosexuality. You don't throw out the baby with the bath water.

Old 06-02-2017, 11:25 AM

12,906 posts, read 15,675,760 times
Quote:
Why did you continue to support Obama?

I'll tell you why, it's the same reason Christians don't storm out of the church and disavow Christianity due to some pastors' hard stance on homosexuality. You don't throw out the baby with the bath water.

OK... I guess you were referring to some other poster then because I wouldn't advocate for that either.

Old 06-02-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
A. Wrong
B. Off topic
Lol, of course you don't want to hear about this. It puts you in kind of a hypocritical area.

"Anybody who denies rights to gay people has no business even talking about policy! Well, unless it's a Democrat I like, then it's kind of different. Additionally, even though I supported him when he was against gay marriage, now that he's for it, I can take a hard stand without disagreeing with someone I like."

Old 06-02-2017, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
OK... I guess you were referring to some other poster then because I wouldn't advocate for that either.
It's the sentiment here.

People are trying to bind all Christians to the view of a few and then see it as silent agreement because they don't renounce Christianity or those leaders even though it's a tiny part of so much more.

Old 06-02-2017, 11:33 AM

36,577 posts, read 30,921,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
One of the long term goals of the Christian right is to make homosexuality a crime again.

Bryan Fischer, President of the Family Research Council and a hugely influential figure within evangelical circles said the following.

"Both of the cases that went to the United States Supreme Court that dealt with the issue of whether states should criminalize sodomy, and of course they still ought to be able to do it, every state in the union criminalized sodomy until 1962 and then forty nine states until 1972, then they began to fall like dominoes. But by the time of the founding until the late 20th Century, homosexual activity was a felony offense in the United States of America, there is no reason why it cannot be a criminal offense once again, absolutely none."

With this in mind, it makes sense out of otherwise nonsensical opposition to certain aspects of LGBT equality, like employment and housing protections. Their ultimate goal is to return homosexuality to being a punishable offense.

Regardless of your moral views on homosexuality, do you think it should be legal or should it be a criminal offense?
I lean conservative, I was raised in the church. I know nothing of the Christian right or who Bryan Fischer is. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is that is just crazy to even consider legislating any personal intimacy between consenting adults.

Old 06-02-2017, 11:39 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,787,900 times
Quote:
As a Christian, I have no desire for it to be criminalized. Gay people are gay, and gay adults should be able to sleep with any other adult they want, marry and adopt children. Most Christians under 50 I know feel the same.

I do know that it's the desire of many atheists to force young people into homosexual relationships in order to shame them into feelings of guilt for ever thinking negatively about gay people. It's outrageous they want to do it.
We do????? How many do you know?

Most of the so called christians are the biggest hypocrites going and talk about closed minds to anything but what THEY push on others.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
We do????? How many do you know?

Most of the so called christians are the biggest hypocrites going and talk about closed minds to anything but what THEY push on others.
Yes, most atheists believe it. If you choose to ignore it because you share their beliefs, that's on you.

Last edited by PedroMartinez; 06-02-2017 at 12:53 PM..

Old 06-02-2017, 12:46 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,911,612 times
Quote:
Yes, most atheists believe it. If you chooses to ignore it because you share their beliefs, that's on you.
How do you know this? You make it sound like a group of atheists were in cahoots with predatory gays to tap your donut. Even if that were the case you have no way to verify your claim about most atheists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies