Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2017, 11:23 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,651,065 times

Advertisements

My question is...shouldn't these states have been doing all this environmental friendly stuff.....all along, anyway?

What's the point of having a state government if they don't do anything to make their own state environmental friendly?

But, sure, I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2017, 11:30 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,452,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
My question is...shouldn't these states have been doing all this environmental friendly stuff.....all along, anyway?

What's the point of having a state government if they don't do anything to make their own state environmental friendly?

But, sure, I guess.
What this all tells me is that these so called "environmentally friendly" states weren't doing much at all if they feel they need to have some sort of agreement to do it.

Old 06-02-2017, 11:31 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,328,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
The right loves to use the term butthurt. Must be that many on the right have a physical problem or have certain desires.
The left loves to use the term "tRump." I guess they have a thing about rumps.

Old 06-02-2017, 11:50 AM

15 posts, read 9,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
You ever look into US population growth and it's impact on GDP re: consumer demand and household formation?

Our growth is half what it was in the 1950s and half of that today from immigration. Without that "importation of people" our economy is screwed. And that is not even debatable, unless long term negative GDP growth is somehow desirable to you?
All that matters is per capita wealth, not overall wealth, and ZPG would have been reached in the 1970's without mass immigration. I'll posit that the US could manage perfectly well with 200M people.

Your point is silly since the endgame is an ever-increasing base of people to 'grow' the economy. The physical limit is a ball of human flesh growing at light speed.

So there you have it folks, the US is 'screwed' without moar and moar and moar people.

Old 06-02-2017, 11:54 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,601,193 times
Can someone explain to me why a warming climate is inherently bad? Is it because all of these people on the coasts will have to move as sea levels rise?

Old 06-02-2017, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Can someone explain to me why a warming climate is inherently bad? Is it because all of these people on the coasts will have to move as sea levels rise?
That's why they're calling it "Climate Change" now. Because in some cases, it's been getting colder and warmer in some instances.

Basically, long story short....*Spoiler alert*

The weather changes every year. And it can be difficult to predict.

SHOCKER!

Old 06-02-2017, 12:02 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,641,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post

But, sure, I guess.

what are you talking about ? CA has the highest standards in the union and they have been forcing RED states to comply to their standards or not be able to sell into their markets.

CA, WA etc are light years ahead of some of our polluting foul red states that want to further degrade the water and air their kids drink and breath

Old 06-02-2017, 12:03 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,641,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
What this all tells me is that these so called "environmentally friendly" states weren't doing much at all if they feel they need to have some sort of agreement to do it.
well then you clearly need to do some reading . You drew the completely wrong conclusion.

Old 06-02-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
what are you talking about ? CA has the highest standards in the union and they have been forcing RED states to comply to their standards or not be able to sell into their markets.

CA, WA etc are light years ahead of some of our polluting foul red states that want to further degrade the water and air their kids drink and breath
Well, that's kinda the point I was making. So...

Old 06-02-2017, 12:08 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,803,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post

What air and water is degraded? At least we have water. Last time I saw Lake Mead it wasn't looking too good. Looks like California's over population problem is hurting the environment, not just a man made lake.

https://ww2.kqed.org/science/2017/05/16/salton-sea/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies