Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2017, 06:20 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
leftists hate trump far mor than they hate cold blooded murdering terrorists.
What did Trump have to say about this guy?

Driver in deadly Times Square crash told police he was hearing voices, expected to die | National Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2017, 06:38 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,070,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I've never heard of him and can't remember the last time I watched CNN. I suspect he's about to become a former CNN host though.

Asslan will over to MSNBC where the standards are even lower than CNN.

Old 06-04-2017, 06:40 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,811,485 times
The London Bridge and market incidents illustrate the old adage that "when seconds count, the cops are only minutes away." The Prime Minister just said the cops were there in eight minutes from the first report. The problem is the stabbings occurred BEFORE the incidents were reported and a person can bleed out in those eight minutes. Potential victims need to defend themselves NOW not in the emergency room or the morgue.

I think that another method of defending against terrorists, at least the knife wielders and gunman, should be tried. That method is a completely armed and trained civilian population. If most of the population is carrying firearms and is trained to recognize assaults and assailants before they can do any harm. The damage done by the terrorists will be thwarted before they can harm anyone. This is pretty much guaranteed by an alert and armed population. This is not vigilantism because the population is taught when and where appropriate violent response to a terrorist assault is appropriate.

The political problem with this is governments would have to drop the fiction that they are there to protect the individual from terrorism or any other violent assault. This might lead to citizen's wondering why they need so much government. That is not a question government's want asked. In fact governments are not there to protect individuals from violent assault but to protect lenders and investors from their own bad business decisions.

Arming and training the population would not work against suicide bombers because they do not commit active assault but just blow themselves and anyone around them up. What might work is forbidding anyone to be carrying anything that might hold a bomb large enough to create havoc.

Old 06-04-2017, 06:43 AM

68,333 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
It's just too bad it isn't an outright Muslim ban
Or at least contain the country whose citizens have been responsible for thousands of terrorism deaths in the US, Saudi Arabia, whose butts he continues to kiss. As the home Mecca and Medina it is the very heart of Islam, WHERE is the outrage and calls to stop the mindless violence from them?

Old 06-04-2017, 06:48 AM

45,240 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Best part of the trump presidency is watching the left unravel like a giant ball of yarn

They love their govt and think everyone should respect it...unless someone other their own is running it.

Old 06-04-2017, 06:48 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,291,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I've never heard of him and can't remember the last time I watched CNN. I suspect he's about to become a former CNN host though.
He's that piece of sh-t who ate human brains on CNN.

Old 06-04-2017, 06:54 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,850,631 times
All this outrage over a few words here and a performance artist there... Kind of surprising.

I thought we were over that PC nonsense. Plain talk was what it's all about. Say, or tweet, what's on your mind.

What's with all this pearl clutching?

Old 06-04-2017, 06:54 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,739,956 times
He was being too nice.

Old 06-04-2017, 06:56 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,906,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Truth hurts.
Don't you people have another bloody head to create, or maybe a session on studying murderous dreams?

Old 06-04-2017, 07:04 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

(Autofill turned on?....I'm assuming you meant Wikipedia)
YEah -- wikipedia -- it was too late to be trying to make my brain work -- lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies